What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Lookin' good HE-I bet they're gonna swell right up at the end.
@madala-I'm not sure if my response will help out much, but growing perpetually with a 4-6w veg time, for us, yields around 110 grams per week. I think this number could be improved with a new bulb but I'm not sure how much more improved. All else is pretty solid for the investment ($$ and time). It's hard for me to gauge gpw in a perpetual setup but somebody else could have the formula. Hope this helps.

W

wiseone

Hey folks.
Question for those of you who have done soil and hemp buckets.
I have been thinking of making the move to hemp style of growing. The one thing that worries me is this:
Is the RH higher, lower, or the same when using hempy buckets over soil?
Thanks for the input.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey folks.
Question for those of you who have done soil and hemp buckets.
I have been thinking of making the move to hemp style of growing. The one thing that worries me is this:
Is the RH higher, lower, or the same when using hempy buckets over soil?

I've seen no significant difference in humidity levels . if your doing a sealed room your controlling temp/RH anyways but if your venting from the house or outside its gonna depend on the weather or humidity in the house . the runoff is actually less with hempys than it was for soil ... for me anyways .

KolorBlind

I've seen no significant difference in humidity levels . if your doing a sealed room your controlling temp/RH anyways but if your venting from the house or outside its gonna depend on the weather or humidity in the house . the runoff is actually less with hempys than it was for soil ... for me anyways .

I agree, no real difference. But same as Dan, I have a lot less runoff sitting around. So maybe that coupled with the wicking action of the perlite evens things out. I dont think it would raise or lower RH enough to be concerned as long as your range was good with soil.

I had a habit of "flushing" my soil plants every watering that didnt have nutes so I always had about 6 cat litter pans half full of water sitting aorund. Now the water dries up within 24 hours because there is barely any runoff. I just marked a milk jug in 3 places so I pour 1/3 of a gallon into each, which is just enough to fill to the line plus about 20%. Id say I get 3oz runoff from each 1.5gal hempy bucket.

KB

W

wiseone

Thanks for the responses.
I have some openings coming up in my closet, so I'll probaly throw a bucket or two in and see how it goes.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyone growing sativas in hempies?
yup ..... will get pics later just before the lights come on . I have HPH , SSH & SD still in mini hempy though & An unknown strain that looks promising .

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Better late than never lol . heres a couple of the sativas i have in hempys .
this is the SD i just got a few days ago in mini hempy
camperpics228.jpg

this is the SSH i have in a mini about a week in
camperpics226.jpg

this is the HPH i have in a 1 gallon hempy 6 days into flowering .
camperpics223.jpg

also have an unknown plant thats leaning toward the sativa side .
camperpics227.jpg

there ya go dub .... have a bunch of other plants in hempys too but they're more indica .these all just went through hell the last few weeks , had real hard water here at the new place & was causing lockouts on me . switched to RO water & all is good now . still have a few leaves on them from the lock out but will pull them later just didn't want to stress them too much all at once .
keep safe & grow green ... have a great night guys ... see ya :)

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
He had a lockout issue due to hard water
thanks for posting dan, glad to hear you're getting a hold on it.

mg75

i run 5 galon hempy buckets in a vertical bare bulb setup with a very stretchy SSSDH and a very sativa leaning C99. I have them side by side with 5 galon smart pots. both are filled with coco. i see no diference in plant performance what-so-ever. hempy buckets work just as good with less watering.

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
Most of my 3 grows were nirvana strains sativa dominent and a nightmare trying to tie them down and train them and topped a few times but all in all they yielded more then enough for my needs and now going organic with a larger tent I'm growing mostly Indica dominent and a couple sativas in my barn stall under a 600 wt hps so it has the height..

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I've been running indicas and I tried to run a mexican sat and it did badly. The bloom room is 16' tall so I'd like to run something kind of big before I add to the vertical rig. I don't know if it's worth it or not.

J

joejusttyped

Is this green algae on the top of a few of my hempys a problem? I just removed the top layers on two of my hempys that had this.

805bce5d.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts