What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
thanks dan! I've been looking at a way to reduce trips to the grow store. The folks there are nice & pretty darn smart on a few key things, but it's a trip to get all the way out there. I will give those walmart things a shot. I've got to get by there this week anyhow. Thanks again!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
glad i can help man ... still a newbie at this shit myself but have learned alot from the last 8 months here & my last 2 grows . a buddy of mine turned me onto this site when i was getting ready to start growing again & man was he right about IC mag !!! this place has a wealth of knowledge & great people helping out anyway they can . glad i can be one of them .

THANX IC mag !!!!

Bonavendura

Talking about cloning in Hempy's

here is my new army of clones in party hempy cups
as you can see they are too weak but i will keep you updated
even though i am excepting severe loses

picture.php

picture.php

Here is some good clones from a friends skunk mother
they start sawing roots at 15 days

picture.php

picture.php

Suspect

Veteran
hey bona, thanks for sharing I was about to do the same thing. Wondering if they're fully hempys with a runoff hole and all?

Bonavendura

@ Zendo

No need to have any guts
if you cut good clones (not so weak like mine)
they are going to root , check the ones in the
brown taped party cups from 7 clones they root 6
and i am waiting the 7th to die.

@Suspet

Yes i out a hole in akmost 1 inch look the last photo
between the green circles that they mark the roots you can see the
runoff hole

Bonavendura

Hello , Hempiers of icmag

I have some issues with the top layer of my perl/verm mix
and i would like to share it with you.Soon in veg phase
when the light still can watch the top layer of the hempy
buckets some algae start forming.
Cause i am a bit stoner i din't clean it and now in the first week
of flowering i detect something that i didn't like and i
clean the top layer of my perlite . I will replace with some
new mix and over it i am going to throw some black rocks.
Here is the pics i didn't recognize what is it but it is maybe mold
anyone identifies this sh _ t ?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yosun

that..be mould,i would scoop the top a little replace it,get some 3% peroxide and put a few drops in your water,or get a squirt bottle mix a few drops into a quart of water and spray it onto the surface,i get algae but never mould,what are your humidity readings?

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Bona-I agree with the above posters. Also, less feed + more frequent feedings = less algae. I don't personally like the ~20% runoff....it (to me) seems to waste nutrient as well as cause algae growth. I like to water by weight of the bucket. It's not exact but it works well.

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
After you remove every bit, spec of that shit the next time after chopping I would wash your pots out and make sure you keep a clean veg & flowering area and also wipe down your bottles and you won't have nasty ass shit like that growing and forming pesty bugs, eggs, maggots etc that looks gross..

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
I always make sure everything is clean and I mean I get anal when even my room around the grow area has anything on the floor and that means better safe and a little more work keeping a clean grow room/area then losing $$$ & time because a person is to lazy to make sure their entire Investment is kept clean.

Keeping a cheap hover vacume with hand nozzle for under $100.00 in your room is wise as well as a broom and other cleaning materials and wash cloths..

Bonavendura

Well yes maybe i am stoner but my growrooms is ALWAYS perfect cleaned
with a lot of Bleach.Cleaning is one of the first rules for my growing areas and i agree better some more work than fighting anything.
It is my first time that i encounter algae and i thought that it was harmless
for those Hempy's , i was wrong.Today I scoop off 1+ inch of every bucket and i replace with new perlite vermiculite mix and tommorow i will spray with some h202.I believe that this issue is closed.

@dubwise

I am newb to Hempy's and i learn here everything , i know that monitoring
ph and ec for the solution in the Hempy's rez is not need to ,
but i will share what i realize until now.

Day one feed the hempy with lets say (1,5 EC & 5,6ph)

After two days in the rez (tilt the bucket to take some runoff)
i count 0,6 EC 6,7 ph
That means that the plants absorve nutes and they drive the ph up.

Now if i feed (1,5 EC & 5,6ph) enough but without runoff and tilt
the bucket to take some runoff i count 0,8-1,1 EC and 6,0-6,4 ph

If i feed (1,5 EC & 5,6ph) with enough runoff inside the res i have
solution of 1,4 - 1,6 EC and 5,6-5,8 ph
wich means that i bring the solution in the res closely to my likinks
and supposed to the plants likings ..

I would like to know what are you thinking about that dub and what others
think about it

and one picture from the flowering Room

picture.php

Bonavendura

I remember this recomendations i think from Uselless formula while
i was running RDWC but i really didn't give it a chance then.
I was mixing my nutes adjust my ph and forget for long time.

But i am willing to give it a try for this system cause my roots
will not rest in there.
So you suggest to mix my nutes and let the solution bubble for
24 hours and after that check & adjust my ph.

I will have a feedback with my readings for everyone in 3 days .

Is this giving you different reading over the 24 hours time
and if yes the ph drifts up or down ?

bobman

Mine would raise .3-.5 if i remember correctly. I would let it sit for 24 hours then ph. Once I did that the ph never moved. I tested it several different ways and if I ph'ed right after mixing it seemed like the mix would continue to move up for days and never really became stable. It has been a while since I even fiddled with ph. I mix half ro and half tap and I know that gets me to the low 6's to high 5's(when I first mix and it probably moves up a little as the buffers kick in) and I do not use any ph up or down now. Using just plain ro just gave me too low of a ph and was too hard to work with. I am in straight perlite and do not water until runoff. The only problem I ever had with hempies is when I lowered my ph to the mid 5's one time( because I thought that would correct a problem I was having) and burned the fuck out of a plant. I checked some runoff and it was in the mid 4's. I do hempies a bit different from most I let them dry out more between watering, I use only perlite and I do not water until runoff. It works for me and is easy.