What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
Hmmm, may have to try a Solo Hempy. Usually just start em' in coco ina Solo cup with holes for drainage.

A few guys say it works, a few say it doesn't. I havent tried it yet, but I think I'm gonna take them to my normal stage in the solo cup (good roots and showing vigorous growth) then I'm gonna switch them to 1 1/2 liter vessels, hempy style. From there, I plan to up pot them to their final 2 gallon buckets. I realize this is a slight departure from the 'official' way, but I really don't care. I'm trying to find the best way for it to work for me. If that means doing it different than the 'official' way, so be it. Let us know how the Solo Hempys work out for ya.

mgk :tiphat:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You don't need the cup stage unless you have to many clones to flower & your saving them for later .
I go from a freshly rooted clone , right into my final bucket which is 99% of the time a 2 gallon .

check out my GG4 grow in my albums .... you'll see their progression right from clone to finish ..... all in a 2 gallon bucket :)

RetroGrow

Veteran
A few guys say it works, a few say it doesn't. I havent tried it yet, but I think I'm gonna take them to my normal stage in the solo cup (good roots and showing vigorous growth) then I'm gonna switch them to 1 1/2 liter vessels, hempy style. From there, I plan to up pot them to their final 2 gallon buckets. I realize this is a slight departure from the 'official' way, but I really don't care. I'm trying to find the best way for it to work for me. If that means doing it different than the 'official' way, so be it. Let us know how the Solo Hempys work out for ya.

I would skip the second step. Once cup is full of roots, go straight to 2 gallon bucket and commence to watering daily. Those roots will reach rez in 2-3 days.

MaynardG_Krebs said:
Once again, I have displeased the master of not growing. Grassrot.. all I was saying is that what he posted had nothing to do with this thread. I am not a troll. I have read every inch of this thread and read with great patience all your ramblings even tho you don't grow a thing. So, now that you're in control of this thread, I'll sit back and stay quiet while you dole out pseudo information about something that you don't even participate in. Have fun pretending to grow weed.

mgk :moon:
Whatever troll. You done now?

...I didn't mean to piss anybody off when I was talking about the other guys thread...
I don't think there's any need for you to be apologetic man, all you did was throw an idea that floc rockwool could be a good medium used for a hb, nothing wrong with that, right brothers?

Although I can't grow at my house anymore, I know a couple of guys who still grow and when I mentioned the flock rockwool to them they might look into it at some stage, so thanks again DankTreez :tiphat:
Hmmm, may have to try a Solo Hempy. Usually just start em' in coco ina Solo cup with holes for drainage.
We done side by sides with cuttings and the latter always worked better for us. We start ours off in paper cups with holes at the bottom, and the roots are so strong that they tear though the side paper cups. Hempy cups will still work nicely though, as Capt's pic shows.

@Capt.A. Your pics look nice, but have you ever thought of bending/tying the main stem to develop the lower branches? They'd then bush out nice and wide. 2c

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
You don't need the cup stage unless you have to many clones to flower & your saving them for later .

That's actually the reason I'd be doing it that way. I like to stay ahead of the game by having more clones than I need. I'd want to have that middle stage just to conserve space in my limited veg room. (where I actually do grow as opposed to some of the 'trolls' that hang around that just pretend they grow)

Last edited:

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Hey Grassot. Yeh they are a bit leggy but I FIM'ed them when I transplanted into the final buckets. They will bush out nicely. Gonna give them at least a couple more weeks of veg. time.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
I can't believe how well my plants are doing under this growing method! Very vigorous growth as well as fast flower development. Now all I've gotta do is get rid of the gift (bugs) that I got from a friend. Folks.. take my advice.. buy seeds, plant seeds, grow seeds and forsake all other comers. I'm Hempy Happy!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm going through the same thing right now MGK !!! mites SUCK !!! its half the reason i'm shutting down , so i can scrub all my equipment before i set it up elsewhere .

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
I'm going through the same thing right now MGK !!! mites SUCK !!! its half the reason i'm shutting down , so i can scrub all my equipment before i set it up elsewhere .

I just did exactly that.. only I'm in the same spot.. always will be.. I'm helping a friend that lives about 20 miles from here and the problem started when I got some clones to help get him started.. then they came to my place for a stay.. what a battle..

mgk :chin:

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
Do you guys use neem oil? Other plants Or minerals to prevent insect

I've been using Azamax.. might be time to try something more potent. I just hate blasting my plants with a bunch of toxic stuff. arg.. maybe try the spinosad.. I remember that stuff being very expensive tho.. I'll have to look it up.

The Captain knows how to grow some nice ladies !!! :tiphat:
Yes he does. You both do. I've always found your past pics impressive and thanks for sharing them guys. Keep up the good work :)

Do you guys use neem oil? Other plants Or minerals to prevent insect
Neem rocks, especially for mold and the plants love it too. I know peeps who've been growing for years with the same cut. Cloning moms without any loss of vigour. They will always tell you that neem is good for your plants.

Even Hempy recommends neem. I'm sure glad he invented this method and took the time to show us how it's done. The very first page of this thread is all that's needed really when starting off on his method.

THANKS HEMPY, YOUR A REAL STAR. WE WOULD NOT HAVE SUCH SUCCESSFUL GROWS WITHOUT YOUR METHOD DUDE.

Peace :tiphat: :tiphat:

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Well they have bushed out quite a bit in a couple weeks. Ive got multiple tops and some good branching going on these after fimming them at the beginning of the month.So far Ive got three confirmed females that have started to put out a few pre-flowers ,one White Widow X Avalanche, one of my Bubblicious x SweetestCindy99 and the Vermont Rosebud.
One each of the BBL x SWTC99 and WW x Avalanche look like they are starting to show some balls. Ill be giving the most developed of them the ax today.
A little fimming and supercropping today , another week or so of veg and then a flip to 12/12.
My past Hempy plants have all received FloraNova bloom and Maxi Bloom throughout the grows but this year I received a bottle of FloraNova grow as a freebie and have been using that for veg. Growth with the extra nitrogen has been quite robust. More so than Ive observed when using solely the Bloom throughout the grow. Room conditions have been fairly constant with RH of about 60% and temps around 75deg. F.

Here's a pic as of this morning. They look a little funky because I have a fan blowing on them and they are moving around quite a bit.
picture.php

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin good brother !!!! :good:

just picked up some 3 1/2 gallon black hydro buckets from my local shop . gonna try those next on the GG4 , they like the extra room for roots , so i figured i'd give them so room to spread out :)

GHS Cheese

GHS Cheese

Hey all! So I've been a long time lurker of this thread so I decided to post some more hempy success!

x16 GHS Cheese, x1 600 Hortilux vert and x1 1000 magnum xxl Hortilux, 6" Hurricane inline fan 475cfm? "I think". Nutes: Natures Nectar N 5-0-0, P 0-4-0, K 0-0-5, Pure Flowers 0-30*-20, City tap water no ph-ing

My main goal of this batch was to try these natures nectar nutrients and go organic, thier claims of no checking ph got me interested enough to try them out one time. So far I'm pretty satisfied!

The starting batch of clones vegged for a week or so minus the back 3 which were mums.
8-1

8-15 bloom day 8, started bloom on 8-7

8-27 bloom day 20

9-6 bloom day 29

9-22 bloom day 45

This cheese pheno is super strong,this is my third run with it she's been a smaller yielder in the past compared to some other strains but makes it up with sticky cheesy-spice flavored buds.
I'll be sure to keep updated!