What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

graham12

Suarez banned for 4 months ????? what a joke should be a year. Liverpool fans are already talking like their the victim lol

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
aaff3061_zpsb326ff37.jpg

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:woohoo:Germany win,,,,my wife thinks the german manager is " a very handsome and attractive man",,,,don't know what to feel about that?? lol,,,,Germany or Holland vs brazil or argentina would be a great final,,,,wunderbar:biggrin:,,,,,s2

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I didn't see the game, but I looked at the stats. Looked like USA didn't have much of a chance. 72 minutes in and the stats said we didn't have a shot on goal yet.

At least we are going through to the knockout round with Portugal's 2-1 win over Ghana.

Onward comrades!

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
:woohoo:Germany win,,,,my wife thinks the german manager is " a very handsome and attractive man",,,,don't know what to feel about that?? lol,,,,Germany or Holland vs brazil or argentina would be a great final,,,,wunderbar:biggrin:,,,,,s2

Ha ha, lol, yeah the women love Jogi the german Coach and he was looking very good today, with his wet hair and shirt. Not typical for the Germans, but we stopped work today and watched the game with all the fellow workers. Ordered Pizza for everybody and had a good time!:dance013:
I like it that the US is in the next round, interesting!!

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So we are playing either Belgium or Algeria in the next round. That should be easier than Germany.

We get a full four days rest too. We'll need it with all the traveling we've had to do. That may have played a part in how poorly we played today.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I am Colombian and mi esposa is from Brazil. We have been having great fun watching all of this in my store.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
hello ladies and gentlemen!

wow, I've been way busy this week at work and watching almost every single game :D

very nice games all around!

I think it is fucked up that Suarez got punished the way he did; he's going to miss 9 games with the Uruguayan team, four months at his club or any other potential club, and had to pay a fine of 100,000 Swiss francs!

in comparison, when Zidane hit Matterazi with his head at the world cup final, he was only suspended for 3 games with the French national team and only had to pay a 7,500 Swiss francs fine...

Neymar who smacked a Croatian with his hand did not even get chewed up...

where's the proportion?

anyway, I'm happy to have seen Argentina start playing better, and well, what can I say about Messi that has not been said before, simply the best in the world, end of story :chin:

at this time, all the games for next round are known, and it kinda looks like a Copa America rather than a Mundial :D

no wonder the european leagues pay so much money to get those players in their teams.

the Germany vs. USA game was very boring, but it is obvious the USA is in great physical shape, great athletes; proved Germany are just humans too and get tired and outrun like anybody else; they still have a long way to go though to reach a good football level though, they did some running like NFL before they went into the grass at the beginning of the second half, they gotta stop doing that! lol...

peace!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ha ha, lol, yeah the women love Jogi the german Coach and he was looking very good today, with his wet hair and shirt. Not typical for the Germans, but we stopped work today and watched the game with all the fellow workers. Ordered Pizza for everybody and had a good time!:dance013:
I like it that the US is in the next round, interesting!!

yeah herman,,my wife says to me just as she is leaving for work tonight " let me know when Germany are playing again!" lol,,
my wifes never watched a game before from start to finish??? lol,,s2

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:woohoo:Germany win,,,,my wife thinks the german manager is " a very handsome and attractive man",,,,don't know what to feel about that?? lol,,,,

maybe glad he's working in Brazil???

for now :tiphat:

congrats to Germany, well played.......

mack 10

Veteran
^Lol,

England, out in 2 games!
We did quiet well this year, lol
love the quote above, age 6, muhahaha!

I think it is fucked up that Suarez got punished the way he did; he's going to miss 9 games with the Uruguayan team, four months at his club or any other potential club, and had to pay a fine of 100,000 Swiss francs!

in comparison, when Zidane hit Matterazi with his head at the world cup final, he was only suspended for 3 games with the French national team and only had to pay a 7,500 Swiss francs fine...

Neymar who smacked a Croatian with his hand did not even get chewed up...

where's the proportion?

peace!

This is the third time Suarez has bitten an opposition player in four years he has also been found guilty of racism and cheated Ghana out of a World Cup place last time by hand balling off the line. I think Liverpool have been screwed by FIFA but personally I would have banned him from international football for life and made him wear a gum shield in domestic games. Fuck racist biting cheats!

Yesca73

I usually dont watch soccer but I do watch the world cup when I can and this time I am not working so able to watch a lot of the games , many have been good . cool to see people from all over the world compete .
USA didnt play well today the German seem to have much control of the ball .
Seemed like USA needed a point guard like in basketball . They seemed like they couldnt do anything offensively . I am sure Germany was the favorite team . Disappoint in the loss but happy they still squeaked by to the next round
I was also wondering what language is everybody communicating in ? Has to be English no ?

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
[QUdon'tAmsterdamnesiA;6420850]This is the third time Suarez has bitten an opposition player in four years he has also been found guilty ofEtc.cism and cheated Ghana out of a World Cup place last time by hand balling off the line. I think Liverpool have been screwed by FIFA but personally I would have banned him from international football for life and made him wear a gum shield in domestic games. Fuck racist biting cheats![/QUOTE]

Hello,

True, but in those other two times that he bit he was suspended for it, so now fifa wants to suspend him again for those two other times? Wtf...

I dont really care for Suarez, but that seems fucked up and an obvious way to fuck Uruguay up... I am rooting for Colombia tomorrow, but lets be a bit objective with the whole bitting thing.

Yesca73

would love to be in Brasil watching some of the games and all the beautiful women

Attachments

• 8ce88fc0-f7cb-11e3-9ead-655725e28dc6_450864106.jpg
    8ce88fc0-f7cb-11e3-9ead-655725e28dc6_450864106.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 2014-06-19T171728Z_890819951_TB3EA6J1END8R_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-WORLD-M21-COL-CIV.JPG
    2014-06-19T171728Z_890819951_TB3EA6J1END8R_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-WORLD-M21-COL-CIV.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 17
  • colombia-v-cote-divoire-group-20140619-154029-764.jpg
    colombia-v-cote-divoire-group-20140619-154029-764.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 16

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
nice Yesca!

I talked about this before, about Brazil wanting Mexico out of the World Cup because of what fans where chanting, remember?

so it turns out that during the Germany vs. Ghana game, some German guy from the public managed to evade security and jumped into the football field, without a t-shirt and with something written on him, we could all see him on live tv for a few seconds before the director of cameras, according to FIFA regulations, stopped broadcasting him...

well, as it turns out, the German guy from the public had a Nazi Support message written on him.

Why isn't there an investigation going on and a possible expulsion of the German team for it?

:chin:

yeah, the Europeans are really scared that by next round, there will be only Latin American teams in the competition, proving once again who is king of the king of sports.

:sasmokin:

You don't half talk a lot of shit Bombadil ! Suarez has bitten 3 people yet you think his ban is harsh but on the other hand you think the Germans should be kicked out for the actions of one of their fans and as for Latin America being the king of the king of sports , European teams have won the world cup more than Latin America teams have

Last edited:

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
You don't half talk a lot of shit Bombadil ! Suarez has bitten 3 people yet you think his ban is harsh but on the other hand you think the Germans should be kicked out for the actions of one of their fans and as for Latin America being the king of the king of sports , European teams have won the world cup more than Latin America teams have

No, I'm saying that you cannot punish Suarez again for the other two times he bit a fellow player because he had already been suspended for those two actions. and you cannot fine him 100,000 Swiss Francs, when Zidane got fined only 7,500 Swiss Francs.

I'm saying there's no proportion in the punishment he got.

and again, why is there an investigation against Mexican fans that could end in the Mexican team expulsion, but no investigation when it comes to the actions of German fans?

Why is Neymar allowed to smack a fellow player and not be suspended?

the comment about Latin American teams being the kings of football was just to piss people off, and it worked :D

S4L, thank you bro :)

peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.