What's new

The official camping thread.

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
I haven't seen one around here and figure'd id start one since I love camping... and I know lots of 'heads that are in the same boat, so I figure there has got to be many more of you on here too!

I cannot wait for another few months, I need to buy a new tent this season, as its just me now, I can get a 3 person I think and be okay... I have a bad back so I use an air mattress and lots of marijuana of course :)

DiscoDuck

You'll have to check out our campground if your in the neighborhood, too bad I can't advertise where it is, lol. We just pumped the anti-freeze out of the bath house plumbing and open for bidness. Lots of fishermen(women) and white water rafters and lots of Bud Light.

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if I wasnt in the business Im in, Id hold annual camps on my property... Im in the middle of nowhere, have a river in my back yard, hills, forest, the backwood works.

fer years Ive still considerd hosting some sort of moderate party to the masses.. but Ive kept it to family and friends who dont have any idea what my land holds...

Camping is great... in the land of 10,000 lakes, ya gotta be well equipped tho.. still a bit off till I throw up the tent, but it'll come fast, and it'll be real nice.. Ill just throw the tent up in my yard and get away from the woman for a night or two..lol.

good thread.
Peace, bub.

DiscoDuck

OG bub said:
fer years Ive still considerd hosting some sort of moderate party to the masses.. but Ive kept it to family and friends...

OG bub, our campground is family property (not my family) with relatives living along the periphery. There are national hiking trails directly from the CG that wind through the national forest. I occasionally see one or two of the relatives on horseback headed for the trails to plant or maintain. Last summer, two or three large, empty plastic planters blew down the hollow into the camping areas. I doubt any of the campers knew what they were for because we've got a lot of ornamental landscaping going on. Then a larger than usual rain fell and a huge empty plastic water jug washed down the creek and beached right in front of the office.

I feel ya only entertaining family and friends because of your private activities. I also understand your wish to host to a more general group, it's really cool how all walks of life enjoy the basic elements of relaxation and comfort. We get campers from 35 states and they range the gambit of professions and personalities.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
ICMAG camping trip!

I love camping. I prefer my sleeping bag and tent over my house and bed any day of the week.

ToKEN

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
haha nice, a camping thread. good stuff. I still have my pup tent..had it since I was 11 and I'm twice that age and still use it a few times a year.

Definately love the the outdoors and nature more than going to beach (havent seen the ocean in years) but seen the woods just yesterday :)

nothing like the great outdoors

mysta177

oh yea I like to do me some camping! I like what you said there Bub.....hopefully when you throw in the towl youll host a shindig to die for!

i spent a couple years as a kid living at a family owned resort along the snake river... good times

i haven't been camping in a couple years, though. well i have at the lake a couple times, but not in the true wilderness. just haven't had time.

NOKUY

Veteran
you guys would prolly think that I like, or even love camping.

haha..I HATE camping.

...for one I live where city folks come to "camp" and hunt and fish.... and I've never been a fan of tents.

...if I do camp i sleep under the stars in a VERY expensive cabelas sleeping bag.

I like hardsided campers and camper vans, but like i said you'll never find me in a tent.
(too much roughing it in Alaska i guess)....the GF hates tents too.

it's cool that u guys enjoy the outdoors...i guess we just have different ways of experiencing it.

:wave:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like camping but it's more to do with having a weekend with mates, just chatting crap and smoking joints around a camp fire and spending some guy time together. I don't really care for sleeping in tents etc. But we usually canoe down some local rivers or nearby areas which is fun too.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I get a bit hardcore with the camping

I dont just stay at a reserved spot, I will canoe in 50 or so km and stay where there is noone else for....well I dont know, i guess 50 km

Nothing like it, no phones, no noise, no people, just you , your woman, some weed, and nature
Just like into the wild except I bring stuff, like shelter and a portaging map

Probably going to go in september/october this year, awesome to be there when the leaves change color and the flies are to a minimum

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OG bub said:
if I wasnt in the business Im in, Id hold annual camps on my property... Im in the middle of nowhere, have a river in my back yard, hills, forest, the backwood works.

good thread.
Peace, bub.
I'm right there with my neighbor OG bub. I too have a river in my back yard, pine forest, etc.......

I haven't camped in yrs though & prefer a motor coach (I've rented a few times recently) for the comfort because of a severe spinal injury. Where I live and the things I still do outside are close enough to camping or outdoor experience for me right now.

To all those planning on doing a bit of camping this yr & are close to Minnesota might consider this event....... www.MoondanceJam.com

A top notch 4 day rock concert with plenty of camping available whether you're pitching a tent, using a motor coach, or driving an old psychedelic 'flower power school bus' there.

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i went camping once w/ my uncle.
after that my butt hurt for like 2 weeks.
never had a desire to go camping after that again.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cocktail frank said:
i went camping once w/ my uncle.
after that my butt hurt for like 2 weeks.
never had a desire to go camping after that again.
lmao.......

I'm your wicked Uncle Ernie
I'm glad you won't see or hear me
As I fiddle about
Fiddle about
Fiddle about !

Your mother left me here to mind you
Now I'm doing what I want to
Fiddling about
Fiddling about
Fiddle about!

1G12

OG bub said:

fer years Ive still considerd hosting some sort of moderate party to the masses.. but Ive kept it to family and friends who dont have any idea what my land holds...

Peace, bub.
Yo bub
Can I stop in and go camping at your place? I'll bring my own tent & sleeping bag. I'd just love to wake up in the morning and have a big ol Deep Chunk tree right out side my front door. :headbange

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah, do some camping right here.......

yeah, do some camping right here.......

www.MoondanceJam.com

A powerful lineup is in the works so far for Jam 17 of '08.
Sammy Hagar was there about 4 or 5 years ago and although
I never cared for his music (I was into jazz then) he rocked
the joint hard, a great showman that really moved the crowd.

It's been almost 40 years since I first saw CSNY & I'm looking
forward to seeing CSN this year for sure. CCR has played the
Jam numerous times since forming 'the band' again in '95 and
they're a very tight group, great melodious tunes of the past.
Closing lineup for Saturday night hasn't been announced yet.

I'll spend the four days and nights in a nice trailer with electrical
hookups & A/C....... Below is my backstage pass from last year. I
get hooked up with backstage passes & or VIP tent almost every yr,
I just pay for my camping & general admission ticket and a gift of
kind bud gets me the other two comps I like so much.

The event is first rate in EVERY way. Affordable food and drink, clean
porta potty's (bout 200 of them), a HUGE jumbotron, great regional
bands play on stage #2 while the feature bands break down/set up.
The website is VERY informative and with a single email or phone call
you'll be able to address any issues you have in advance. Camping,
everything from primitve to water & electric for big motor coaches. I
have to tell ya that some of the best times are had in the campgrounds
each night, some folks have been coming there from the start 17 yrs ago.
No exaggeration, it's a friggin' blast no matter what your budget is.

Last edited:

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
bumpity bump. Who's getting ready for this years camping season? I am very excited. Not getting any new gear this year, which is good cause it'll save me some money. Besides I have everything now anyways. Add on the fact they decriminlized Marijuana in my state and i'll probably be out every other weekend.

M

MEDI-EVIL

HI GUY'S great thread myself and a friend plan on riding the western way..it's in ireland we plan on camping' fishing it's a three day ride it goes right around Eire but were only doing it for the three days..

thinking of taking some clones to plant on the way and pick um up at the end of the season.

happy camping folks be safe.

M.E

Latest posts

Latest posts