What's new

The Official Boxing Thread

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Surprised there's no mention of Crawfords' win over Horn. I have Bud as #1 p4p without a doubt.

Stopped 4 Olympic medalist
3 division champ
Only unified 140lb champ in history

The boy is bad!

Love watching Crawford fight. Current favorite, I think.

Was a great fight last night!

B

Bird~friend

Floyd vs Khabib ? a "far out" match up.&%$#!
Khabib feeling Extremely Confident with having knocked down CMG i say. Expect Fmj would Claim victory whenever he wanted :tiphat: [YOUTUBEIF]WvGdsxRa45Q[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:

mexweed

Veteran
Mike Tyson- I'll fight anyone that wants to challenge me

current heavyweights- yeah I'll fight him and I'll beat him too, but actually no I don't want to fight him because I don't want to hurt him and get booed

their reluctance is a chip in their armor they have already lost

SPORT-PREVIEW-Fury-v-Tyson-1.jpg

superx

Veteran
The heavyweight division back then was something else..

I liked holyfield even though he has several defeats, he was a real warrior.

My favourite was Lennox Lewis, such a intelligent boxer and fighter with sheer class.
Mike tyson and his camp avoided Lewis when tyson was up and coming. (For good reason as well)

Yea holyfield is a brute...

Anthony Joshua v pulev tomorrow night should be good.

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh yeah.lennox Lewis was a beast.i would not fight a heavy wieght but I'd fight Mayweather just for fun.not saying I'd win,but you never know.the Undisputed and all that.loved Peter Falk in that movie

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Oh yeah.lennox Lewis was a beast.i would not fight a heavy wieght but I'd fight Mayweather just for fun.not saying I'd win,but you never know.the Undisputed and all that.loved Peter Falk in that movie

I have to believe an average joe wouldn't get close to landing a punch.

Maywether spent his career NOT getting hit.

He was one of the best defensive fighters ever.

Better than taking a punch from a heavyweight I guess.:good:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Holyfield was a warrior but he originally started boxing as a cruiserweight, he's a little small to fight the 6'6+ giants nowadays. Still, it would have been fun to see him against Fury.

Mayweather just looks like a slendar, in shape dude, which is why people think they could knock him out with one lucky punch, but HYF is right, he's trained for 30+yrs, is regarded as maybe the best defensive fighter ever, and has a good chin. He let conor mcgregor back him up against the ropes early in their 'fight' and wail on him a bit and conor, who's an actual pro fighter with good knockout power, didnt hurt him a bit. Against any amateur, even one with skill or training, he could let them wail on his arms and gloves for a round or two and they would just be tired out and he wouldnt even be sore.

Now mayweather is going to fight logan paul. I think it'd be a better fight if he fought both logan and his brother jake paul at the same time. Might actually be a contest then.

mexweed

Veteran
I would put my money on Holyfield and Tyson vs current heavyweights, I tried watching Joshua Ruiz and Wilder Fury last night and it was just sad, so flat footed you can't even call it footwork

Ruiz is fat, who looked like that in Ali's era? some of the guys Tyson fought looked pretty bad too as far as not near his level of athleticism, Ruiz survived Joshua throwing some jabs to his midsection but a body shot from Foreman or Tyson would drop him and probably end the fight

look at the calves on guys like Ali, Frazier, and Foreman, there was a level of conditioning they were engaging in that current guys don't have the mental game to push themselves to, and a modern strength and conditioning coach would consider overtraining

Holyfield was bench pressing 150lbs over his body weight with a near 200bpm heart rate for 10 reps, I guarantee not even Wilder is close to that strong, and there is the infamous Mike Tyson training routine there's no way Fury or Ruiz would even make it through a workout like that

Holyfield fought Foreman and 7ft Valuev and he's 6'2 compared to Tyson's 5'10-11 and Tyson handled 6'4-6'5 guys

they're just not the same tier of athlete, watch a highlight of Tyson Holyfield 1 and some of the blows they exchange it even sounds different, none of the current guys know what it's like to get hit like that and they would have no clue what to do if a prime Tyson was on them like he was Marvis Frazier

V5V121y.gif

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ruiz is definitely a doughboy but his thing was power and toughness and with heavyweights, one lucky punch can make the difference.

Deontay wilder and anthony joshua look like physical specimens at least, even if their skill doesnt match up to the boxers of old.

Tyson fury has the body of a skinny 'fat' guy but with his speed and skill and power he doesn't need to have a chiseled body to win fights.

It's always the great debate between generations, who were the better athletes. Who was better, jordan or magic or lebron. Mantle or Ruth or Mays or Bonds? Ali or Tyson or Fury? Everyone has their own opinion, perhaps biased by the era they grew up in.

mexweed

Veteran
I wonder how many rounds even Tyson would have made it against Ali or Frazier under the 120 degree lights in Manila

or how far a prime Tyson would make it in a game of death style tower with Marciano, Liston, Frazier, Foreman, Ali

Latest posts

Latest posts