What's new

The Official 1 sqft Challenge

hazydreams

Total Yeild

Total Yeild

Total Yeild wet was 299 grams of bud and 100 grams of airy undergrowth that got choked out. this is off the the system shown above. Im sure theres another 10-20 grams dry locked up in spectrum alone. I should have used a 400w HPS but ran out of money and the 400 MH was all i had around.

assuming i did a horrible job and water weight is 90% of the total wet weight thats 29.9 grams of high end stuff. Not bad off a square foot. but im looking for more. Dialing and testing to follow!

tSoG

This is an interesting thread. A thread that may be easily taken off topic, perhaps, but I guess no more than any other thread.

I'm bumping it up for two reasons. one: it rocks. two: a question; what sort of LED wattage are we figuring for competition sake? 100? 150? less? third: Although I have seen some pretty interesting things in this thread, I haven't seen one thing in particular that I was hoping for, and this causes me to become very tempted to build the champion "1ft^2 challenge" cabinet... of course, I must leave out the details because I'm in no position to grow right now, but it'd be interesting to try.

ya'll have a nice day!

GrowBox420

Does any one have any exeriences with using an LED for this tight space. I was thinking of a 90w ufo htgsupply light, i just dont want ti spend 150 and its not the right tool for the job

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
Does any one have any exeriences with using an LED for this tight space. I was thinking of a 90w ufo htgsupply light, i just dont want ti spend 150 and its not the right tool for the job
I wouldn't, at this point most LED setups are simply not worth the money for the results. There are some great lights out there though at this point you would be spend far more than $150 for it to be worth while.

There is also a new type of light emitting diode, known as, dense matrix LED's. This advancement enables LED dies to be placed in close proximity to form a dense "matrix LED" platform. This platform can populate more than 20 LED chips in an area no greater than a dime. This results in more photons and less heat in a smaller area. These are not commercially available though the implications are significant. These will make previous LED grow lights obsolete.

Given your situation PLL's are probably a better option, both in terms of cost and effectiveness.

M

MicroDude

I wouldn't, at this point most LED setups are simply not worth the money for the results. There are some great lights out there though at this point you would be spend far more than $150 for it to be worth while.

There is also a new type of light emitting diode, known as, dense matrix LED's. This advancement enables LED dies to be placed in close proximity to form a dense "matrix LED" platform. This platform can populate more than 20 LED chips in an area no greater than a dime. This results in more photons and less heat in a smaller area. These are not commercially available though the implications are significant. These will make previous LED grow lights obsolete.

Given your situation PLL's are probably a better option, both in terms of cost and effectiveness.

I dont think a comparable pll system is cheaper than that UFO. dont PLL need a ballast?

Keif

Hello everyone!

Great grows here, I am very envious of all of your success in such a small area to do things.

I am looking to do something like this for veg/clones, do any of you have a suggestion of a box that could be store bought and used (something 1' x 1' ect with a door) I am just not sure what you dudes are using on your setups for the box.

M

MicroDude

Hello everyone!

Great grows here, I am very envious of all of your success in such a small area to do things.

I am looking to do something like this for veg/clones, do any of you have a suggestion of a box that could be store bought and used (something 1' x 1' ect with a door) I am just not sure what you dudes are using on your setups for the box.

Computers are pretty small.:tiphat:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Take your questions and discussions to another thread.

This thread is about showing off 1 square foot grows, and the last 7 posts, are posts that belong in their own thread(s) and have contributed nothing to this thread. There are no pictures, there is no status reports on a current grow in those posts.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the 7th run in my 1sq ft cfl cab.

My cfl cab was empty and I wanted to get another round going, but I didn't have any of my regular strains ready, but I did happen to have a box of cull plants, so I pulled some out of the box and stuck them in the 1sq ft cfl cab.

This round there are 4 containers and 5 plants this round.

I have 2 blockhead's in one container, a 'fake' ecsd cut in another, and two different pkak07's (plant G & H) each in their own container.

I'll be showing 2 pictures for each compilation. The only difference is the angle at which they were taken. The first is a straight on shot so you can see the profile. The second shot is taken at a higher angle so you can get a better view of canopy.

I decided to veg the plants for 5 days, here they are at day 0.

Day 0 Veg

Compilation

picture.php

picture.php

I vegged them for 5 days and then flipped the lights to 12/12.

Here they are on day 7 of flowering.

Day 07 Flower

picture.php

picture.php

:joint:

Keif

Actually, my question did pertain to your 1sq foot grows. I have not seen many actual pictures of the areas you folks are growing in. Just a bunch of plants. Why not share what you are using to grow in?

I noticed one guy was using a speaker, but that is all I could make out.

It would have made for less clutter to just simply answer my question.

I already have a micro grow, so I was targeting my question to entering the 1sq' grow challenge and making one for veg as well...

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Third post in this thread is mine and does show pics of my cab. This thread is more about growing in our cabs and not the cabs themselves.

You will get more information about people's cab's in their individual threads in the micro forum.

Or maybe start a new thread called 'I want to grow micro, what can I grow in?'.

If you made a thread like that and gave a little information about what you are looking for, maybe limitations, expectations, etc, you will get a lot more feedback, answers, etc than posting that same question with no extra information in this thread.

I mean what happens if 50 people start posting suggestions in this thread? it would really de-rail the purpose of the thread, and would not have been less clutter to simply answer your question.

Now we see that didn't happen, but what is more likely to happen and did happen, is that your question didn't really get answered like it would have in it's own thread.

I would have to guess that most people that read this thread, do so in order to see pictures of 1sq ft grows, not to see if someone is posting questions.

tSoG

Take your questions and discussions to another thread.

This thread is about showing off 1 square foot grows, and the last 7 posts, are posts that belong in their own thread(s) and have contributed nothing to this thread. There are no pictures, there is no status reports on a current grow in those posts.

my question was directly related to this club. you have values listed for CFL, and HPS, but none for standard fluoro tubes, or LED Lights. I jus wanted a little clarification on what was required to be in the 1ft^2 challenge club...

I've got a few Ideas for a cab after I finish helping my friend build his cab and get it running, but I'd be building it specifically to challenge the challenge, just wanna make sure I'm "following the rules"

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my question was directly related to this club. you have values listed for CFL, and HPS, but none for standard fluoro tubes, or LED Lights. I jus wanted a little clarification on what was required to be in the 1ft^2 challenge club...

I've got a few Ideas for a cab after I finish helping my friend build his cab and get it running, but I'd be building it specifically to challenge the challenge, just wanna make sure I'm "following the rules"

You answered your own question, this challenge is for cfls and hids.

RULES

Lighting:
CFL:200 watt max
CFL/HID:150 watt max
HID:150 watt max
Spectrum any including UVB lamps

Cab:
Under 1.5 sqft
Hight Max is 3 1/2ft
Must have all sides top and bottom and may not be transparent

Method of Growing:
Any as long as its one time veg and one time harvest
Clone or Seed either is fine

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Between busy summer days and the fact that the fake ecsd and pkak07g were like both like an octopus and a total pita to take out and photograph, I really didn't document this round like I did previous rounds.

So, lets jump forward to the end of the round and see how it finished.

Day 70 Flower

Compilation

picture.php

picture.php

Here are all the plant parts after being chopped and trimmed

picture.php

And wet weights for this round

picture.php

Dry weights up next.

8th round in the cab is currently underway :dance013:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are the dried buds

picture.php

I ended up with a little under an ounce and a quarter from some cull plants, so I can't really complain.

Next round underway!

Latest posts

Latest posts