What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The no odor smoking thread.....Incense

singlecoiled

Oh I see it also adds to the smell, I'll pass then. At the headshop they don't have the gel it's some kind of "block" in a jar you're supposed to open when you smoke, same chemical but maybe it wouldn't dry so quick? Or maybe it's the gel "pre-dried". :D

Carbon filter and fan works well, I mean we all use them in our indoor grows and above the kitchen stove, all kinds of place... but makes noise.

This can be used as an alternative to incense and ONA and is for sale at 7-11. Its very strong and will cover odors, but you may have to explain why you are using it..

If I know someone may be coming down to my smoke room, I spray a few pumps of this. I also use this when I grind buds.

s-l640.jpg

Last edited:

RPH

Great tips! I make a DIY sploofy that works amazing! We use when we stay in hotels on vacation etc. Same smoking tech you use (burn entire hit at once) and exhale through DIY device. You can be standing right next to it and see the smoke exhale from tube but can detect zero weed odor!
Simply stuff fabric softener dryer sheets in a cardboard tube from a toilet paper roll then exhale through tube. All of the exhaled smoke smells like fabric softener!
I believe college stoners came up with this tech, works like a charm!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Off the topic of smell-proofing, but still thread related- This bowl, which you mentioned in post #1, is a game changer! After I saw that picture, I knew that was just what I had been looking for! I found a two pack on eBay, and been using it since it got here Saturday*. Now what am I going to do with all these other bowls, because they are all obsolete now, boyeee!

*It really just got here today, but I have been smoking a LOT of bowls. Research, ya know?
helix-jpg.18913957

Last edited:

singlecoiled

Off the topic of smell-proofing, but still thread related- This bowl, which you mentioned in post #1, is a game changer! After I saw that picture, I knew that was just what I had been looking for! I found a two pack on eBay, and been using it since it got here Saturday. Now what am I going to do with all these other bowls, because they are all obsolete now, boyeee!
helix-jpg.18913957

Man, you made my night. I'm so glad your enjoying the helix. Isnt it great ! Same thing here, all my other bowls are very sad and lonely now. I'll probably buy a few more helix's so that I can have a cleaning rotation....

Perfect to clear in one shot, no smoke. I'm smoking Royal Cookies, Granddaddy Purple, Northern Lights and Durban Poison now. One hit, I'm quite high, two a little too high. So, 1.5 bowls seems to be the magic number for me. Three hits and I'm watching ferris wheels and geometric shapes fly around with my eyes closed. (My personally grown Northern Lights is crazy like that !)

Last edited:

singlecoiled

Two for $22.99 USD on eBay, that's very reasonable for two glass bowls. These are like shot glasses for weed. We've been trying to drink shots out of beer mugs, maaaaan! LOL! Seriously, these little bowls are the shit! Thanks for introducing them to ICMAG!

GRAV Helix™ 14mm Male Flower Bowl (2 Pack)
s-l1600.jpg

Well, I may have a rip off or they changed the design slightly since I bought mine. Mine doesnt have the clear part sticking out the bottom, its just the glazed part. I'll have to buy a few more. Thanks for the pic.

I think I mentioned this above, but another great feature of this bowl is that its dead quiet. My other bowls make a loud bubbling sound, the helix almost no noise at all.

Dam counterfeits everywhere these days, you never know what you'll get. My next order will be straight from GRAV.

9.99 per at the GRAV website.

https://grav.com/products/14mm-helix-bowl-clear

_DSC5900.JPG

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
LOL! Thanks for the tip on buying straight from GRAV Labs, I could have saved a couple bucks there. Next time!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
It pains me to read elaborate time-sink activities like this. All because of ignorant prohibition of a medicinal plant.

You're not fooling very many of the people you encounter. I have used almost none of these methods the last 30+ years and have had maaaaaaaaany people be shocked to find out I use cannabis.

Smoking on the sly is stupid simple with the right tools and a bit of ventilation.

Glass one-hitter bats, pre-packed and/or a 'Dugout' which holds both cannabis and your bat. Aluminum is not healthy, nor is non-medical grade brass. The goal is to carry in a sealed container between use.

In a bathroom, grab a small handful of toilet paper, take a micro-hit from the bat (The lighter noise is the most non-stealthy part, and there are workarounds), Cap both ends of the bat with lighter and finger or thumb. While holding the hit, fold up the toilet paper and then press tightly to lips and exhale slowly through it in the direction of the ventilation.

Immediately drop the toilet paper in the toilet so it gets wet. This stops the smell from spreading.

Flush, wash hands and leave.

When the areas you have to medicate in have lingering odor issues, you may want to consider water curing your cannabis. Water curing removes all of the water based terpenes, reducing odor to almost nothing.

singlecoiled

LOL! Thanks for the tip on buying straight from GRAV Labs, I could have saved a couple bucks there. Next time!

It pains me to read elaborate time-sink activities like this. All because of ignorant prohibition of a medicinal plant.

You're not fooling very many of the people you encounter. I have used almost none of these methods the last 30+ years and have had maaaaaaaaany people be shocked to find out I use cannabis.

Smoking on the sly is stupid simple with the right tools and a bit of ventilation.

Glass one-hitter bats, pre-packed and/or a 'Dugout' which holds both cannabis and your bat. Aluminum is not healthy, nor is non-medical grade brass. The goal is to carry in a sealed container between use.

In a bathroom, grab a small handful of toilet paper, take a micro-hit from the bat (The lighter noise is the most non-stealthy part, and there are workarounds), Cap both ends of the bat with lighter and finger or thumb. While holding the hit, fold up the toilet paper and then press tightly to lips and exhale slowly through it in the direction of the ventilation.

Immediately drop the toilet paper in the toilet so it gets wet. This stops the smell from spreading.

Flush, wash hands and leave.

When the areas you have to medicate in have lingering odor issues, you may want to consider water curing your cannabis. Water curing removes all of the water based terpenes, reducing odor to almost nothing.

It sounds like your system is very similar to what I mention above. 1. Use a smoking device that doesnt let smoke escape. 2. Blow the smoke out a sploofy. (these two steps alone will work)...3. Use Ventilation

I tried water curing, it works great. I should have listed that when I created the thread. I water cured Northern Lights and it hardly had any smell in the grinder. Very potent and smooth too.. It sure takes away from bag appeal though, Water cured buds lose a lot of the vivid green I like to see in my buds..Maybe I'll start water curing a portion of my harvest when I need to be extra sneaky.

imiubu

Wow, thanks for all the tips and links for stealth herb consumption.

Luckily we live in an area that is very cannabis friendly.
Daily walks allow us to identify who grows and who smokes and there are many so...
there is no longer a sound reason to hide/ cover smell... yay!

However, one of my sibs has not the same freedom and has been
crafting and trying out different methods towards stealthiness.

I am now, with the help provided here, compiling a shopping list
to send off as a Christmas gift to my brother :)

The helix bowl goes on the list for my personal use.
Glass is and always has been my preferred smoking material.
Having learned many moons ago that "packing a bowl' just leads
to all but the first hit tasting like burnt ass. yuck.
Just a little pinch... it tastes good every hit and wastes nothing.

Again... thanks for all the info.

hamstring

Veteran
Dude

I only smoke joints so I know the below technique works.

First Rule of Smoke Club .

You cant smoke in your house or on your property and go undetected forever. You have to be super anal and keep to yourself. I was a guerrilla grower so this came natural to me.

I kept it a secret most of my life. My daughter , who is now over 30yrs old, never knew i smoked until I told her.

My only technique is to smoke outdoors (not on my property) and to remove the clothes I smoked in. Then wash your face hands and even your hair . I always washed up in the basement wash tub with good old laundry detergent.

I have heard many stories about people who tried to smoke in their shed or garage and eventually get caught by family members. Its no different than hiding cigarette smoking. I guess you have to decide whats more important smoking or not getting caught. There are always trade offs.

As you can see from my from participation on these forms I am a gregarious person by nature but I had to give that up to be a rope smoker. First Rule of Smoke Club.

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
That effect is COMPLETELY quality related... FYI. ;)

Cleanly and properly grown cannabis tastes great, right down to the *exhale* of the last hit in the bowl. ;) Once you're using quality cannabis, you can pack a monster bowl and take tokes on it for a few days and it'll taste good till the end. :)

singlecoiled

Wow, thanks for all the tips and links for stealth herb consumption.

Luckily we live in an area that is very cannabis friendly.
Daily walks allow us to identify who grows and who smokes and there are many so...
there is no longer a sound reason to hide/ cover smell... yay!

However, one of my sibs has not the same freedom and has been
crafting and trying out different methods towards stealthiness.

I am now, with the help provided here, compiling a shopping list
to send off as a Christmas gift to my brother :)

Just a little pinch... it tastes good every hit and wastes nothing.

Again... thanks for all the info.

Nice, glad people are finding this helpful. Yes, your hit off the helix will be nothing but tasty green, none of the nasty leftovers. Sadly, you cant taste a thing exhaling out of a sploofy, so taste doesnt matter that much to me. Using a sploofy really sucks. (or blows if your a stickler for detail)

I'd love to sit watching netflix with a bong in my lap. Some of you folks dont know how good you have it. Sneaking sucks, but not being high sucks more !

singlecoiled

Except cigarette smoke hangs around forever, and weed smoke seems to disappear overnight, and not bleed into all the furniture and carpet.

You guys should see how I have to handle something like this ... I have to trim each bud individually at 3:30 in the morning with a carbon filter/fan scrubber and lots of incense going. I've made it through 4 grows now, I must have some serious stealth skill... I'm not only sneaking a smoke, I'm also sneaking a grow !

Durban Poison in a hidden grow cabinet. 18"x 18" x 36.= 2 ounces dry. 97 watt LED

IMG_0815.JPG

IMG_0845.JPG

singlecoiled

It's nice when you have access to a shed and you pretend to clean it. :biggrin:

Get a good Bong.

Is that trout as in Brookies? Fly fishing is just starting up for me now, I'm taking a trip in a few weeks to a farm loaded with Rainbows, Brown and brookies. Now, I need to start tying some wooly buggers. You can never have enough black wooly buggers !

singlecoiled

Ona Blocks are also good for stealth grows.

Yep, I've used ONA in a jar. Its pretty good, but I would only use it alongside a carbon filter. Without a filter, the ONA wont cut it.

A llitle odor still makes its way past my filter late flower, the ONA is good at masking it.