What's new

The New & Improved [ROLS MEGATHREAD].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coba

Veteran
Bajan, I thought is was called Lamb's Bread?...

Lou you're from FL? doood hit me up.

you're composting on and in a black plastic tarp? seems to me would foster anaerobic composting conditions... you probably have to turn that pile once a week, huh?

I prefer a hot and fast, active static pile method of aerobic composting. with aerobic (aka. thermal) composting the compost will retain more of the nutrients as apposed to anaerobic (aka cold, passive) composting. cite

however, with aerobic major losses in carbon and nitrogen may occur .... which probably need to be addressed later in the soil making process. cite

I've seen structures people can build... I think Smalphy made one out of re-purposed palettes... that maintain an aerobic pile yet, have a place underneath to catch the compost leachate, but from what I've read, composting on the ground underneath old growth is preferable for the attraction of BIM.

Layering compost feedstock is not recommended for a fast hot pile. the layers won't compost evenly enough and constant turning is required to achieve a homogeneous final product.

pre-mixing the inoculate with the feedstock and maintaining a 50% overall moisture level, as I've demonstrated here is the preferred method for a fast hot pile that needs little to no turning before the compost is complete. You should try it sometime :)

Respect

Yo Coba, I'm a South Floridian at heart! I grew up down there but moved up North because I prefer the seasons. Winter is a bitch, but Spring is GLORIOUS! It is worth suffering 1000 Winters to see the great awaking of the plant and animal kingdom.
:joint: Ok... put down the pipe and step away from the computer Twisted.
I have been a lurker on the boards since the end of OG and I remember seeing a thread a loooooooooong time ago about Lou's composting techniques. He is where I got the inspiration to add large, long branches into the pile and every couple days grab shake and twist the to churn the pile and aerate. I can see his picture in my head and it was def the taco format. In the sandy soil (LOL soil) of Florida, I would probably taco my compost too. The insects down there are more a pest than beneficial. I think the key to keep anaerobic conditions at bay is water management, too wet = BAD! Also, keeping the pile loose by adding lots of stiff twiggy branches. Remember, the taco is not sealed on the side so air can still get it. Do not turn your taco into a burrito!
:D Ok, now I need more coffee....

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

afaik, because it's rude for rastafari to stick out their tongue so a 'Th' sound is pronounced as a something between a T and a D.

so it's called Lambsbreath but pronounced more like lambsbread - which is where the confusion arises.

others will disagree im sure, but lambs breath does smell like new mown grass....

VG

B

bajangreen

Your semi-right VerdantGreen Lamb's Bread is the government name.
Its just the accent that cause confusion, similar to how you think we say monn for man. I also find there are a lot of myths about Rasta, we trod by the book of Leviticus, that it, apply that to your lifestyle, i cant tell you how, it's up to your own interpretation.

OLDproLg sorry to hear about that stuff, i have found the saying, hell has no fury like a woman's scorn so very true. Sorry for your bad vibes with her, but keep ya head up.

What are you running now?

VortexPower420

Veteran
Sorry bud, agree with you about compost but Miracle Grow has NO place in a organic garden.

You were doing great until l that. A little cocky, but aren't we all.

YOu really cant come here and get down on people for using NOP approved mineral amendments and then say you use the efficient soil carbon burning factory made petroleum derived Toxins

I don't think your going to like the reaction your going to get, you mentioned sea salts and everyone panties get in a bunch.

I question your statement "mine tastes better then yours"

Timbuktu

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
Thanks for the recognition bro, i wonder though. When i first join ICMag the atmosphere was much more different, the treads were much shorter and people were generally more understanding and willing to learn from each other. the thing about the internet is that the different cultures show up in how the people type, so you must really listen before you judge people as rude, anyhowssss forget that........

People like OLDproLg could remember this, there was much more love, i was one of those that came over from OG bro.

Chastising is the work of the evil one, fuck babylon, Spread the love, spread the knowledge, spread the seed, spread the chronic bro.:thank you:

Wurd...

Lots of people appear to be something else online...funny thing is when you are sitting here in my space with me typing this shit...folks in my presence often interpret with me and generate a group response of what I'm going to type...there's no 'hate generator' on this end..we're chill here yo.....it's how it's perceived due to this internet anonymity. It's just the way the it is.

I could be sitting in a room full of ICMaggers (trust me)...and be all on the same page..then some cat rolls in the thread and brings fire to the natives (thanks Xmo) and were supposed to jump through the flaming hoops like trained clowns as if we don't know a thing and entertain this?

I'm just sharing experience with a mission to spread cannabis and the easiest and cheapest propagation methods for faster overall success for the overall movement. It sucks that some people aren't on board with that because I'm putting my ass out here to show the results,how to do it,etc,etc, and I take the beatings for it willfully...

The ROLS terminology concept was 'introduced' as a way to transition into living soil from the problems and issues surrounding the hydro-based soil methods.

ROLS is the bus ride to the next level....

Microbeman's terminology and method are more the next step here. That's where all this is all headed...the no-till method that Microbeman pioneered years and years ago combined with Coots endless plethora of historically successful and extensively researched botanical wonders that exist in our natural world.

Considering the brainwashing still showing up in this organic sub-forum from nute manufacturers and hyrdo-pimps...ROLS is the logical solution for the guy who 'get's it' and wants to break free from feeling tied to the hydro-store and has been afraid of living soil.

The brainwashing was so extensive over the last 30 years that people are still afraid to see insects in their indoor potting soil...

Why throw soil away?...is the first question to ask yourself if you are tired of the issues and $ spent on bottles of this and that which just really sucks balls.

I dunno....I know guys who use Biobizz simply because it costs a lot of $$. "It's expensif so it's good"...no dude...no.

Last edited:

invocation

Well not to toot anyone's horn, but this info is solid and works. I used similar methods before trying ROLS and I'm loving all the extra money I save (more genetics). I come a from a newer medical state with lot's of new gardeners and the grow store propaganda is everywhere. When I tell people how I garden they look at my like I'm nuts, lol. I say "just treat this plant like growing some fruit/veggies for your family to eat. Been told I have some of the best in the whole state. I hate sounding like a weed snob but I have yet to find anything that matches what I produce.

Thanks again for everyones input

Gascanastan

Veteran
...and for the record I am not a breeder. I only utilize the methods of pollination and selection based upon my predecessors methods that showed the most success.

...and it is with that that my results speak....other than my own drive to find genetics that aren't so used up an burned the fuck out over and over...

Chimera and Tom clearly know how to bring that into the professional realm and I have no argument or debate about what proper breeding techniques are and should be. The day I claim to be a breeder is the day I open myself up to a kick in the ass.

Give me time and space and I will employ what I have learned from all of these guys...I'm not just chucking pollen..I know that much..

Fuck yeah I'm a weed snob....ain't no shame in that game!

B

BlueJayWay

I'd like to repeat this:

That's where all this is all headed...the no-till method that Microbeman pioneered years and years ago combined with Coots endless plethora of historically successful and extensively researched botanical wonders that exist in our natural world

That's what is in the works.....bitches :D

Old Dude Lou & others - don't take me the wrong way, as has been mentioned, interpretations are always being distorted because of this silly internet business - I like to joke around, playfully, sarcastically, but mostly in a positive light - Lou came in here tellin' people they're WRONG, so i just threw it back, with a smile :D no harm done, no harm taken'......

....Now back to business -

Worms love cruisin' threw freshly brewed leftover sprouts and kelp:

picture.php

KushWreck:

picture.php

Old dude Lou - grow a shit-ton of Comfrey on your property to add to your compost, your plants will enjoy it and again, freebies... & in FL it wouldn't take long to get some plants established....

Surfbiter collects seaweed to add to his compost, he's got seaweed comin' out his ears! again - free!

Chemdawg cut: haven't flowered her out yet....

picture.php

D

Durdy

I dunno....I know guys who use Biobizz simply because it costs a lot of $$. "It's expensif so it's good"...no dude...no.

This mentality is one that concerns me for when I get my nursery / soil supply business going. I want to offer the best prices possible, at the same time I know people can associate cheap products with cheap quality, and this is just not the case (sometimes).

I'm worried by offering low prices it could deter customers to expensive more "elite" products.

B

BlueJayWay

I'm worried by offering low prices it could deter customers to expensive more "elite" products.

So just offer high prices, with a smile :D then they'll REALLY know you're a good dude!

Word of Mouth - proof is in the pudding - being a 'willing to educate' 'salesman' - you got it all already dude, no worries!

(just be sure to stock the super secret guanos 'in the back') LOL

D

Durdy

Hehe indeed BJW.

The main focus of my business model is about free information!

I really want to get some garden classes going in the local schools as well

Gascanastan

Veteran
HighTimes sucks...I'll bet the ICMag organic forum has got more people growing in the last year than they have in the last decade.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WRONG!

is better than BITCHES?
and i am RIGHT about loosing the juices.....
YOu will get your compost faster with plastic containing everything needed!

YUP,use to get SHIT about MG ferts all the time until i explained my grow styles...

Oh and i wasnt just in HIGHTIMES were i did a 2 page spread in 06'
WEEDWORLD also i did a 3 page spread....
TREATINGYOURSELF mag my good man MARCO,i did a 4 page spread!!!!

PLUS here at the mag i did the cover pic of Flowerpix#3 and story and#6 story
my good man CC did up in here......its been a while but alot of the old pro's know me!

And as far as commin in here?
i thought it was a public forum not yours......no biggy you all made me think!
so i thought about giving them soil growers a thought and tek to try.....same concept but the no till part....
Again no biggy keep the thread MOVING!!!!
Lou

Would it be a problem for you to write in legible fashion so I (we) can understand what it is you are saying?

eg. "so i thought about giving them soil growers a thought and tek to try.....same concept but the no till part...."

What does this mean?

If you are talking about using a simple no-till technique utilizing a soil mix comprised of [vermi]compost and nothing fancy, I do believe this has been presented in this thread as well as years ago on this forum. It was utilized by me commercially for years up until 2005.

One can lose important elements from compost through leaching, however this is best prevented by cover. I do not think that you are willing to argue that your method is superior or faster than the Luebke method. This employs a contact with the ground (but not in every situation) a covering over top to regulate moisture and temperature and lots of turning a specific stages.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with what you are doing. It looks great to me from what I can see. I'm just pointing out that your compost might be even better if you reversed the position of the plastic. Are you doing no-till indoors or just outside?

Gascanastan

Veteran
HIGHTIMES SUCKS....compared to WEEDWORLD and TREAT!!!

but they are the ones who HAD BALLS enuff to start it ALL.......
i never diss a fellow mj activist or mag i encourig them!!!!!!!

But this is OFF topic..see yaz!

Yeah they kicked it all off.....then it went horribly horribly wrong over 20 years ago....and every kid in the nation thought they had to have a ph meter and throw away soil....among a plethora of other incredible misinformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.