What's new

The New & Improved [ROLS MEGATHREAD].

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Durdy

I don't think your last post was out of line at all Yosemite!

Question everything!

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
green light

actually; i totally agree w/ spraying @ my convenience

the only exception i have even noticed is spraying w/ neem and i just turn the lights off for the rest of that cycle that day

we should probably have that all out of the way before the flip though

reverseosmosis4

I have a local favorite.......Skunkberry from Peak seeds in the batters box now. Big yielder and does well outdoor also. I will rotate her in in about 4 weeks as these I have are short flowering indicas.

I ordered northernberry a couple of different times. I think I went through about 30 seeds total!

It was the first real strain I ever grew... pretty damn good. We let it go for 12 weeks and oh my was it ever a knock you out indica.

How long have you been growing the skunkberry? Any pics? :)

reverseosmosis4

I ordered northernberry a couple of different times. I think I went through about 30 seeds total!

It was the first real strain I ever grew... pretty damn good. We let it go for 12 weeks and oh my was it ever a knock you out indica.

How long have you been growing the skunkberry? Any pics? :)

The Nothernberry from Peak Seeds

Attachments

• 2012-06-04 21.58.46.jpg
    2012-06-04 21.58.46.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 2012-06-12 02.27.25.jpg
    2012-06-12 02.27.25.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 2012-06-23 18.58.50.jpg
    2012-06-23 18.58.50.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 11
V

vonforne

I have not flowered her out yet. Just picked it up from a friend who has run her a bunch here in my local area. No pictures yet but soon.

I will put a 50 day veg on her and then throw her in.

V
Good job on those BTW!

dr.penthotal

Chasing the orange grapefruit rabbit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey organic people!
it's time for me to move in front side...
I've been reading all the previous thread and now this.
it took time to follow all the details presented in here.
Tnx th all the akwnoledged people involved, CC, Gastanascan, MM, blue, cann, silver, vonforne, neo, sour, seandawg,w89 ecc, all your contributes made my mind swirl in joy...
In my searches I really needed all the knowledge in here...
I'm a long time organic grower.
I grow in soma's modified style beds with organic reciclying soil.
been through supersoil and modified its' recipe since the beginning.
with the new ideas found in these thread I'm upgrading my knowledge and my soil menagment.
I'm a wormbreeder, act maker, fpe maker and I love this.:)

I'm always amazed by the easyness to have those beautiful organic amendants at one or two stores in th us...
here every piece of the puzzle needs to be collected in a specific place or shop or ordered.
every part of the world has different markets and products.
it's all about lookimg in the right place.
feed stores are a good resurce.also fishing stores for fish meal, crab meal and worms.
nature here provides most of nettles, alfaalfa, horsetail, artemisia, chamomille, dandelions and yarrow needed. going to sow some confrey or borago this year...
very difficult to find neem or karanja meal, but it's a v country with many mountains and vulcanoes, so clays, rocks and precious stuff is easy to find.
rice hulls are a good advice with pumice, lava rocks.
here around I found available, and I used them in past with great results some products not seen in this thread like litotaminum, mearl, vinasse, bentonite, zeolite, fosforite, leonardite, lupine meal.
From my past very good results .i had with animal source of nutrients like guanoe bird and bat and bloodmeal and bonemeal I'm quite reluctant in totally leave them aside... I was thinking in my new batch to mix a tiny amount of those to help diversity of sources anyway in my soil. what do you think?
I love the aloe vera effect, but I havent' found any silica solution yet.
sodium silicate is wrong? shall it be potassium silicate?
any source of agsil in europe?
tnx for all precious advices here,
I cannot wait to learn more.
ps all my plants and pictures of the last 4 years are completely ortanic rols... take a look at my albums
dr.p
edit: found right now the reason to leave bone and blood meal aside... tnx!

ozzieAI

Veteran
re: foliar spraying...i was told that you spray at the start or end of the day...end of day being better since plants transpire more during the day and take up better during the night...

yes some additives will burn if applied during the day but generally clean plain water does no damage...dirty water on the other hand can burn leaves if applied in hot conditions...

OLDproLg

Veteran
Living soils are the BEST YOU CAN GET,COMPOST!!!!!!!!

Living soils are the BEST YOU CAN GET,COMPOST!!!!!!!!

Get yer compost piles going friends!

Its the #1 way to make soil,WAY BETTER THAN YOU CAN BUY.

Attachments

• pile turn2 baby worm.JPG
    pile turn2 baby worm.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 10
  • pile turn2.3.JPG
    pile turn2.3.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 10
  • compost pile.2.JPG
    compost pile.2.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG 0065
    IMG 0065
    91.2 KB · Views: 26
  • rainwaterbucket.JPG
    rainwaterbucket.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 9

OLDproLg

Veteran
Can i join in and explain my K.I.S.S compost tek folks!!!!!!!

Can i join in and explain my K.I.S.S compost tek folks!!!!!!!

You may remember me in the outdoor forum,i had a STICKY!!
Composting method..

Here is a way to compost using all natural materials from your YARD!
Assuming you HAVE a yard,you will get the (BEST SOIL MONEY CANT BUY PERIOD).

THIS IS ALSO a better way of NATURALY seeing/smelling/tasting organic weed!!!!!
Getting the best expressions from your strains FLAVOR MOSTLY!!..most everything these days is potent anyway!
its all about using materials found in a natural forest floor....not all them additives,
NOT dissing them but plants absorb all that bat shit,fish gutz,and whatever else ya use????
NOT NEEDED....but you can add the amendments mentioned in this thread if you like...,
but let your pile sit for a few months or you'll burn plants sometimes?...especially lime.

READY!

Here ya go...First thing you will need is a (THICK BLACK PLASTIC) 4 mil,6 mil or
a POND LINER!...thats what i use its expensive but worth every hundred dollar.......275$
mine cost, but it WAS a Koi pond at first anyways haha!!

PLACE the plastic in a sunny location,HEAT helps breakdown but it works in shade too..

You will be gathering all the time and adding to your piles year round if you live down
south.....but up north you got summers,up north the natural forests floor builds with
naturally composted materials from the SNOWS every year.
Down south we dont have that an the soils SUCK BAD!

So,first spread the plastic out and only use one half to build your layers,the other half
will be the cover......the REASON FOR THE PLASTIC is to keep all the juices from going
right into the ground and loosing all the nutes.........a cement slab would work if painted?

NOW,the first MATERIALS to get are (GREEN FRESH WEEDS,GRASS,LEAVES)anything live!
The green materials give gasses that breakdown the pile and nitrogen,decaying BLACK!!!!

You will have 3 basic layers: GREEN stuff,Sticks/twiggs,and Brown stuff...in that order and build many layers high!
Each layer can be 6 inches to a foot thick..

So now,gather twiggs branches no bigger than your pinky..
thats the second layer used for air in the piles..less rot probs.
everything rots but you'll know if its TO rotten.

BROWN MATERIALS is your 3rd layer,any leaves,grass,dead
plants...water well at this point and keep building layers!!!

WATER,is really needed to breakdown the piles so SOAK with every layer when building..
Get the piles about 4 to 6 feet high and then just flap over the plastic COVER side!!

Keep soaking the piles every 3 or 4 days if to hot,or atleast ounce a week...................

WORMS COME FREE,with in a few months time you may see worms in your pile!!!
You will have to (TURN YOUR PILES) a few times a year,just open the cover and now
use that side for the floor and pitchfork it over from top to bottom....

THIS IS ANOTHER TIME TO ADD GREEN MATTER,get more green stuff and add in layers!

My PILE has MILLIONS of WORMS all for FREE,it is so cool how NATURE WORKS!!!!!!!
Try this even on a small scale.....when you SMELL the SOILS you have made you'll know
THATS WHY FARMERS CALL IT"BLACK GOLD" FOR A REASON it just doesnt get any better.

Attachments

• A1 flower power.2.JPG
    A1 flower power.2.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 11
  • pile turn2 worms.JPG
    pile turn2 worms.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 13
  • compost pile.3.JPG
    compost pile.3.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 12
  • compost:worms.JPG
    compost:worms.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 10
D

Durdy

......the REASON FOR THE PLASTIC is to keep all the juices from going
right into the ground and loosing all the nutes
.........a cement slab would work if painted?

I was always under the impression it was beneficial to have a compost pile come in direct contact with the ground to inoculate it with the native micro organisms?

Also how much leeching is really happening when the cations get tied up by the negatively charged hummus particles that begin to form and the anions immobilized in the bodies of microbes?

I was thinking the same thing Durdy. The worms will come up from the ground to the compost pile. I do like the idea of OLDpro's compost taco, it would make mixing very easy! I have made real good leaf mold by using a tarp filled with wet leaves in a taco fashion before. It was quite effective at maintaining heat and moisture. :D

OLDproLg

Veteran
WRONG!..if your in my area,i got beach sands
and i open my taco for RAINS and tha does flush
quite a bit of nutes racing threw the florida sands strait down.

NEVER have your compost on the bare ground,say good by to nutes.....if you want to keep ALL your nutes but in places with
hard clay you may not loose as much but still loose im shure.
All your worms and microbes come from the raked up stuff!!!
FREE...try it in a corner of your yard you will get compost at a way faster rate and the pore HEAT the better!!

THIS IS GUARRENTIED TO GET YOU THE BEST SOIL YOU EVER SEEN/SMELT!..or grew in period......the word is"NATURAL"
think on that for a while,im using only mother earth for taste!
try it,before judging maybe.....have you ever seen my plants?
Lou frikin grew!...been here since the doors opened in 2004'
not highjackin here just offering my knowlege!

By the way BLUEJAYWAY^^ did i say (only) anyplace no!
dont put words in my mouth.

Attachments

• Cindiesel at 8 weeks2.JPG
    Cindiesel at 8 weeks2.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 9

OLDproLg

Veteran
Again this tek is for those who like the KISS lifestyle!!!!!!!!

Again this tek is for those who like the KISS lifestyle!!!!!!!!

Dont make it complicated,or do..... its up to you!

BOINK!

Attachments

• feild 06.2.JPG
    feild 06.2.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 11
  • feild 06.1.JPG
    feild 06.1.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 10
  • harvest 06.1.JPG
    harvest 06.1.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 9
  • inspire shots.40.JPG
    inspire shots.40.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 9

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
WRONG!

NEVER have your compost on the bare ground,say good by to nutes.....

THIS IS GUARRENTIED TO GET YOU THE BEST SOIL YOU EVER SEEM/SMELT!
try it,before judging maybe.....have you ever seen my plants?
Lou frikin grew!

Fuck!....guess I'm screwed.:dunno: I really count on my compost for it's humic value.....what do I do now that all the 'nutes' are 'leeched' from the compost before I even used it..????....I'm only weeks from harvest..

Nonsense.

The best soil ever......using compost...where have we heard that before....could it be this very forum,this very thread on it's second incarnate,this very group of organic purists......could it be that we are AWARE of proper composting techniques and how to utilize it in a indoor potted plant environment....

Read this thread in the link posted below and then come back here and and tell everyone here how wrong we are in our composting methods.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=241964

Our collective ROLS garden....with my own compost I made sitting on the ground.

picture.php

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
hey organic people!
it's time for me to move in front side...
I've been reading all the previous thread and now this.
it took time to follow all the details presented in here.
Tnx th all the akwnoledged people involved, CC, Gastanascan, MM, blue, cann, silver, vonforne, neo, sour, seandawg,w89 ecc, all your contributes made my mind swirl in joy...
In my searches I really needed all the knowledge in here...
I'm a long time organic grower.
I grow in soma's modified style beds with organic reciclying soil.
been through supersoil and modified its' recipe since the beginning.
with the new ideas found in these thread I'm upgrading my knowledge and my soil menagment.
I'm a wormbreeder, act maker, fpe maker and I love this.:)

I'm always amazed by the easyness to have those beautiful organic amendants at one or two stores in th us...
here every piece of the puzzle needs to be collected in a specific place or shop or ordered.
every part of the world has different markets and products.
it's all about lookimg in the right place.
feed stores are a good resurce.also fishing stores for fish meal, crab meal and worms.
nature here provides most of nettles, alfaalfa, horsetail, artemisia, chamomille, dandelions and yarrow needed. going to sow some confrey or borago this year...
very difficult to find neem or karanja meal, but it's a v country with many mountains and vulcanoes, so clays, rocks and precious stuff is easy to find.
rice hulls are a good advice with pumice, lava rocks.
here around I found available, and I used them in past with great results some products not seen in this thread like litotaminum, mearl, vinasse, bentonite, zeolite, fosforite, leonardite, lupine meal.
From my past very good results .i had with animal source of nutrients like guanoe bird and bat and bloodmeal and bonemeal I'm quite reluctant in totally leave them aside... I was thinking in my new batch to mix a tiny amount of those to help diversity of sources anyway in my soil. what do you think?
I love the aloe vera effect, but I havent' found any silica solution yet.
sodium silicate is wrong? shall it be potassium silicate?
any source of agsil in europe?
tnx for all precious advices here,
I cannot wait to learn more.
ps all my plants and pictures of the last 4 years are completely ortanic rols... take a look at my albums
dr.p
edit: found right now the reason to leave bone and blood meal aside... tnx!

No kidding...about time Dr.P...I've been aware that you are paying attention. Good move man~
Gas

OLDproLg

Veteran
Haha TACO STYLE COMPOSTING!!!

LOVE IT man perfect!

Remember...nothing added=absolute true tasting weed!!

THIS THREAD ROCKS,im glad i found it you got it goin on friends.....
Lg!

Excuse me BJW i never said class was starting,just another
great way to compost that my oppinion says its best!
and NOT the (only way) people are putting into my words?
NORE did i say you were SCREWED?...thank you!

B

BlueJayWay

I didn't know class was called today ;) Lovely lookin' outdoor garden OLDPRO but you might want to try a different approach in a room where (vermi)compost already reigns KING SUPREME ....Honestly, your posts sound like a sales pitch - preachin' to the choir?

You seem to be preaching that your single technique is the ONLY and BEST way.....

...WRONG!

indoor ROLS - VR x NLH @ 48 days LOL she's gonna take it past 100 ya think?

picture.php

picture.php

Sour Bubble @ 50 some-odd days:
picture.php

the lovely Java @ 65 days, done:
picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.