What's new

The NEW E-Papillon 1000W Thread

pHive.8

Vendor
What kind of footprint do you recommend for use in a green house?

Hi Backyard Farmer,
We normally advise 1000 micromol/m2s for a room without daylight.
We advise about 500 micromol/m2s for a greenhouse.

I made a tool on the website so you can easily calculate the amount of light you get with a certain amount of fixtures:
http://www.epapillon.com/index.php/estimate

If you are going to grow in a greenhouse, you'll need about 25 fixtures.

If you want to have a lightplan based on you greenhouse, just send me an email and I'll make it for you.

Cheers

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Backyard Farmer,
We normally advise 1000 micromol/m2s for a room without daylight.
We advise about 500 micromol/m2s for a greenhouse.

I made a tool on the website so you can easily calculate the amount of light you get with a certain amount of fixtures:
http://www.epapillon.com/index.php/estimate

If you are going to grow in a greenhouse, you'll need about 25 fixtures.

If you want to have a lightplan based on you greenhouse, just send me an email and I'll make it for you.

Cheers

thanks for the link DGS!

Would you consider adding the boost option of 1150W as a radio button? I was hoping to calculate my usage based max output of two (2) fixtures. so ~2300 instead of ~2000

pHive.8

Vendor
thanks for the link DGS!

Would you consider adding the boost option of 1150W as a radio button? I was hoping to calculate my usage based max output of two (2) fixtures. so ~2300 instead of ~2000

Hi McKush,
Easiest would be just to multiply by 1.15..

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey thanks DGS! Even I can manage that... It puts me around 1235 micromols. That is at max x 2. I should have plenty of light on tap.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My room is 10X12 with 3 lights. Is this a good number for my size room
Estimation of lightlevel: 537 µmol/m²s

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was thinking 6 for my 12x12 room and that comes up a little short. Should I go for 8 lights or is that just over kill?

The AC/DE hood is absolutely huge, like, top to bottom. From what I understand they have some crazy expensive reflective material in there (as well as the Luxor 8) that is fueling the light spread.

Not 'that' huge...it's 9" or so I think. It's no bigger top-to-glass than a Raptor or similar. I am running 4 of them in a room with a WAY too low of ceiling height and with proper training and canopy maintenance, I am seeing nothing but awesome. The DE lights are significantly brighter to my eye than the brand new Raptors in the same room.

HUGE

Veteran
There is only a small small amount of UVB in the Philips DE lamps. A UV-filter was added to the quartz glass to filter the UV out.

I'm assuming it was to save peoples eyes that they filter the uvb. I have seen a lot of literature suggesting increased THC and cbd due to high uvb levels. How does the uvb output of the DE bulb compare to say a 1000MH standard bulb?

pHive.8

Vendor
I'm assuming it was to save peoples eyes that they filter the uvb. I have seen a lot of literature suggesting increased THC and cbd due to high uvb levels. How does the uvb output of the DE bulb compare to say a 1000MH standard bulb?

Definately. There are guidelines for retail products like this.
I think it would be hard to say there is even a difference between the DE and a standard 1000 MH bulb.
Getting more UVB out of standard bulbs is not what to look for I guess.

Ok I picked up some Gavitas and some ePaps. Will post my findings soon.

Initial impressions is the ePaps seem to have a bit nice build quality however the reflector really doesn't seem to throw the light DOWNWARD as much as it should. I def noticed a LOT of light being thrown onto the walls from the ePap.

Im also not sure why the ePaps cost more but no matter who I went through to try and buy them they were basically $75-100 more each. That's substantial if you are growing commercially and need 24-60, not so much in a bedroom grow.

liagro

Ok I picked up some Gavitas and some ePaps. Will post my findings soon.

Initial impressions is the ePaps seem to have a bit nice build quality however the reflector really doesn't seem to throw the light DOWNWARD as much as it should. I def noticed a LOT of light being thrown onto the walls from the ePap.

Im also not sure why the ePaps cost more but no matter who I went through to try and buy them they were basically $75-100 more each. That's substantial if you are growing commercially and need 24-60, not so much in a bedroom grow.

you should be able to mount the ePaps lower than the Gavita's, this will reduce the light to the walls. you should maintain 2/3 of the height with the ePap compared to the gavita.

you should be able to mount the ePaps lower than the Gavita's, this will reduce the light to the walls. you should maintain 2/3 of the height with the ePap compared to the gavita.

Negative. They need to be at least 3ft off the canopy when running at full power.

Latest posts

Latest posts