What's new

The "Nature is Outside" Fallacy

Being married definitely is a road block!!....She stopped telling me about spiders because i refused to kill them or even move em.

My wife is very arachnophobic. I also love cats and have many and they affect other lifeforms that may come inside. There are so many roadblocks if you don't have them consider yourself lucky.

Some ants came in the house the other day so my wife brings home all these foggers, spray cans and powders for the carpet. Ever try convincing a woman she is wrong? Sometimes I think I should of just taken the blue pill and I wouldn't have to live like a pariah in this backwards world. It can be hard to keep up the fight for nature.

rrog

Veteran
Most people have drunk the kool-aid for a loooong time. Hard to get off that train.

mad librettist

Veteran
I'm definitely gona try the mini clover...are the benefits only fully realized if one recycles his soil?
Benefits otherwise are... moisture distribution, fixed N, and....??? I suppose i could just read the sticky huh? lol

Thats pretty awesome Cappy! Nature is amazing! Even indoors!

well you may have trouble finding it but the microclover people claim the N benefit is not only when you kill the plants. There is a steady flow of N if you have good nodulation.

However, considering just how easy it is to feed N to your soil, I try to get people to see all the other benefits of clover.

for sure I have tried to address this stuff in the sticky, but this is a work in progress.

rrog

Veteran
As a further comment to the original post, The Foreword by Ingham in the new edition of Teaming With Microbes mentions if we start with a neutral or dead microbial environment, the bad elements tend to start populating first and fastest. MadL has taught me that in a balanced environment the good guys tend to maintain the upper hand. They're typically stronger, yet re-populate more slowly.

Again, starting a soil with beneficial organisms gives you the upper hand from the start. I can see part of our collective problem is trying to be too sterile, which sounds great, but sterile automatically gives the nasties an an advantage.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
that's why i like to give the plants a nice dose of ACT or at least a good top dressing of compost to bring in a healthy population of beneficial microbes from the get go :D

hopefully we've all got live and active compost as a component of our soil mixes!

"sterile" soil is for chumps.

Latest posts

Latest posts