What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The myth, of the high P myth?

analogue

Sam my P and K goes up after stretch but I think it's more of a concurrent rise in EC for me.

I ran phosphorus at 48 ppm through the end of stretch (Double Strawberry Diesel) but the girls are currently at this for a while

N....111
P.....60
K....220
Ca..111
Mg...55

EC=1.54

K : N - 1.98
K : Ca - 1.99
Ca : Mg - 2.03

p.s. got my water results back so I can finally lock my recipe down... what a relief.

Y

YosemiteSam

I really like that formula analog. The K:N ratio of 2:1 and K:Ca:Mg of 4:2:1 or a hair less Mg definitely seems to be where I am being led by my playing around.

If someone ask me to suggest a formula I would point them to your formula. Perhaps you would be so kind as to post it.

However, I ran a pretty similar formula myself and I still see room for improvement...or more accurately, think I do. So, when you boil it down, I am looking at raising N or Ca a bit on the next run. Maybe a third option would be to just run your formula...observe and go from there...that wouldn't be no bad way to go. I just kinda like feeding a little Albion Metalosate K...that amino jacks up the bacterial life in my coco.

Are you going to run the Steiner soln on your tomatos this year?

Have you smoked Double Strawberry Diesel yet? I have heard it is vey tasty.

analogue

I really like that formula analog. The K:N ratio of 2:1 and K:Ca:Mg of 4:2:1 or a hair less Mg definitely seems to be where I am being led by my playing around.

If someone ask me to suggest a formula I would point them to your formula. Perhaps you would be so kind as to post it.

However, I ran a pretty similar formula myself and I still see room for improvement...or more accurately, think I do. So, when you boil it down, I am looking at raising N or Ca a bit on the next run. Maybe a third option would be to just run your formula...observe and go from there...that wouldn't be no bad way to go. I just kinda like feeding a little Albion Metalosate K...that amino jacks up the bacterial life in my coco.

Are you going to run the Steiner soln on your tomatos this year?

Have you smoked Double Strawberry Diesel yet? I have heard it is vey tasty.

About the recipe. Please note it includes my water analysis numbers.

I have never even tried the DSD. I picked two disparate phenos.

Steiner soln for tomatoes yes :D also with Calcium-25 foliar and the Ag Sil 16H.

You have that nice amino chelated macro :).

I'm decidedly gun-shy about higher EC this go around. I don't have a/c and it's warming up here. Don't laugh too hard :tiphat:.

Attachments

• target_charg_big.jpg
    target_charg_big.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 19
Y

YosemiteSam

Thanks analog.

So, If I had a conclusion it would be...copy analogs formula, vary the concentration downward early, maybe up it a hair if you have CO2 and temp/humidity control. See what you see and tweak from there.

I really like that formula. Including the SiO2 from Ag-Sil.

edit...and definitely use sulfuric acid as your pH down if you do copy it. At least up the point analog uses it...if you need more you might want to finish with citric acid...if you need less you are probably still ok as far as S goes.

analogue

No sir, on this grow I'm keeping the same mix end to end, just adjusting the EC.

I'm attempting to keep P levels concurrent with changes in everything else.

For lower EC values I typically dilute my mix.

Looking back here it appears I've been close 1 to 1 with P and Mg.

Y

YosemiteSam

ISS at 7 weeks

ISS at 7 weeks

IMG_1063.JPG

Maybe one thing I am sure about...you don't need no stinkin expensive bottled nutes to grow you a little weed for personal use.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Spurr should be back very soon to give us his insight on this....I have been using his mix which is like 700 ppms and I have colas bigger then my forearms on my Larry OG x ChemD..this same strain ran B4 with much Higher P didnt even look half this good

Y

YosemiteSam

It will be interesting to see how they fill out and looking at the pic maybe a bit more calcium or you could reduce K by a tad. High K requires more calcium. They look good!

I agree. We try to maintain a K:Ca ratio of 2:1 and that seems to work out just fine when K is in the 200-230 ppm range. This time I pushed K to 300 ppm (peak) though. I took the Ca to 150 to maintain the ratio but that definitely was not high enough.

I am wondering if I might not have had some precipitation of CaSO4 at those salt levels or if the K:Ca ratio just needs to be a little lower when you push it like this. Or, for that matter, if a little lower ratio might not be better anyways.

The good news is that I feel like I am close. No need for a big change on the next grow. A single tweak per grow and it won't be that long before I might actually know something.

Then again...it is about time to start playing with K2SiO3 also.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not sure this is the general consensus on this thread, but I certainly agree with YosemiteSam.

This grow I decided to make my life easieer switching from organic rez to all DM Gold products to run in my high pressure aro system. It made my life a whole easier, and the quality of the LowRyder#2 X Bubblegum gave as much yield wise as a 14" plant whose genetics is mostly a cola, (not a bush) is excellent- a little goes a very long way.

But, for some time, I had been fiddlin' with what YSam says, we pamper them too much with little to show for it beyond what using a good simple formula can do.

To prove this to myself, on my next grow I am using DM ONE Grow, Zone, and Silica throughout, but during flower adding DMs Potash+. If this works as I think, I will be saving a ton on nutes.

Any tweaks (ideas) are welcome

hth

People are talking about adding specific amounts or PPMs of NPK. How is that possible when the fertilizer is premixed or premade to a certain ratio? How are you changing that? The PPM is an overall count of all salt dissolved within the solution, but unaware of the micros and macros within.

I'm confused.....

Y

YosemiteSam

People are talking about adding specific amounts or PPMs of NPK. How is that possible when the fertilizer is premixed or premade to a certain ratio? How are you changing that? The PPM is an overall count of all salt dissolved within the solution, but unaware of the micros and macros within.

I'm confused.....

I mix my own nutes from things like CaNO3, KNO3, etc. An example would be the CaNO3 I use provides 41 ppm of N and 48 ppm of Ca when I add one gram of it to 1 gallon of water. By using a variety of raw salts one can manipulate their formula to achieve virtually any combo of ppms for the individual elements one can dream up.

SnapShot6.jpg

This is a bubba leaning pheno of Prophet from Grindhouse. She is so freakin tasty and pure couch glue. She is at almost 8 weeks.

Y

YosemiteSam

I'm not sure this is the general consensus on this thread, but I certainly agree with YosemiteSam.

This grow I decided to make my life easieer switching from organic rez to all DM Gold products to run in my high pressure aro system. It made my life a whole easier, and the quality of the LowRyder#2 X Bubblegum gave as much yield wise as a 14" plant whose genetics is mostly a cola, (not a bush) is excellent- a little goes a very long way.

But, for some time, I had been fiddlin' with what YSam says, we pamper them too much with little to show for it beyond what using a good simple formula can do.

To prove this to myself, on my next grow I am using DM ONE Grow, Zone, and Silica throughout, but during flower adding DMs Potash+. If this works as I think, I will be saving a ton on nutes.

Any tweaks (ideas) are welcome

hth

Come towards the light Pet...individual salts forces one to develop a deeper understanding of how the puzzle pieces fit together. You start to understand that ratios of elements are what matters...not simply adding this additive or that additive and hoping for the best...cause some stoner on IC told you it is bomb :bigeye:

Kidding a little bit. If I were going to use bottled nutes I would put them into one of the online calculators so I would know ppms so I could make informed decisions on how much and what to add.

Y

YosemiteSam

Another good thing about dry salts is that it limits things to w/w and eliminates that density calculation that allows you to go from w/v to w/w or the other way around.

It pisses me off that all of the bottled nute guys cannot agree on a standard. Still, if you measure for yourself what a 100 ml of a liquid solution weighs you can quickly determine if they are using w/w or w/v.

If I did not know better I would say they want to keep their customers in the dark...cause it is much easier to sell bullshit than actual facts.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Im waiting for Spurr to come back this upcoming week before I say post anything....That post has alot to due with what this thread is about....

Storm Shadow

Veteran
It would be nice to have Spurr back - he makes some valuable contributions to the thread. My belief at this point however is that a higher P than Spurr subscribes to is required but I am always open to input that proves or disproves the theory (it is afterall about learning). The thing I can't help thinking is this P myth thing comes from Advanced Nutrients which makes the claim highly questionable.

But Storm Shadow you make claims of colas the size of your arms. How about posting the pics to show us just what low P does? A picture is worth a thousand words.

My friend I post pic after pic after pic....You just need to do a lil homework and find out what thread they are on...until then....i'll wait for Spurr... Spurr's formula not only produces weight to the next level....but quality is untouchable :tiphat:

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Oh what the hell....here is some Larry OG x Chem D ...the last 2 pics were at week 6...ever grow any OG mullray? :) I just harvested these ladies and they got about 40% bigger..all done at 8 weeks....

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Mullray those are at week 6 buddy....at week 8 they were much bigger...and the minor problems have to due with me reusing sunshine mix # 4 for 5 cycles....

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4407543#post4407543

Since you talk shit and have no pics...why dont you check out my landrace Iranian strains that thrive on this mix...no lockouts huh buddy :tiphat: You got owned by Spurr a number of times...and I'm about to own you

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=160508&page=286

Go read some of my post in the Science forum and learn how to grow some cannabis b4 your run mouth ....

Latest posts

Latest posts