What's new

The most important breeder in history: come on and vote!

L

Laugan Gaucher

my vote go to the irresponsables Haze "cousins" of santa Cruz....

Haze creators are the true champions even if they don't wanted to do this at first....in anothers words

and sam is the heritage vector....shanti, Neville ....same old song mam !

R

REDEYE_420

Well that would have to be Gregor Johann Mendel!

Well that would have to be Gregor Johann Mendel!

The most important breeder in history.....would have to be Gregor Johann Mendel and Luther Burbank.

WIKI
Gregor Johann Mendel (July 20, 1822[1] – January 6, 1884) was an Augustinian priest and scientist, who gained posthumous fame as the figurehead of the new science of genetics for his study of the inheritance of certain traits in pea plants. Mendel showed that the inheritance of these traits follows particular laws, which were later named after him. The significance of Mendel's work was not recognized until the turn of the 20th century. The independent rediscovery of these laws formed the foundation of the modern science of genetics. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Mendel

WIKI
Luther Burbank (7 March 1849 – 11 April 1926) was an American botanist, horticulturist and a pioneer in agricultural science.
He developed more than 800 strains and varieties of plants over his 55-year career. Burbank's varied creations included fruits, flowers, grains, grasses, and vegetables. He developed a spineless cactus (useful for cattle-feed) and the plumcot.
Burbank's most successful strains and varieties include the Shasta daisy, the Fire poppy, the July Elberta peach, the Santa Rosa plum, the Flaming Gold nectarine, the Wickson plum, the Freestone peach, and the white blackberry. A natural genetic variant of the Burbank potato with russet-colored skin later became known as the Russet Burbank potato. This large, brown-skinned, white-fleshed potato has become the world's predominant potato in food processing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther_Burbank

So old boy Mendel and Burbank get my vote as the overall winners of the most important breeder(s) in history for me.

Without their work would Cannabis be at the level it is today??

Most important Cannabis breeders would have to be:
Shantibaba, Chimera, Neville, Sam The Skunkman to name but just a few.

Peace.

Last edited:
R

REDEYE_420

:laughing: :thank you: :good:

Also someone else mentioned the farmers from back in the day (like real back in the day-thousands of years ago) that would have worked cannabis, they too contributed a lot to the game. For modern times though I'll stick with my above selections.

Peace.

Even though I believe Rez seeds are priced to expensive I do believe he has some of the best strains around and you pay for top quality genetics plus Rez is cooler then Ice.

Dutch Grown Genetics are Aces and something on my List for sure.

Last but not least with so many great breeders & seedbanks my 3rd would be to purchase from *tie* DJ Shorts & Sam.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Sam, shanti, nev.

I can't forget our very own Rezdog and his work in bringing to seed form some of the worlds finest clone only strains. Bring on the Sour Diesel ibl, Chem ibl, and kush projects!!

Dr.Troppo

seeing as most of what we all smoke is mostly skunk id go with sam the skunk man

No skunks to ever be found in my garden. Plenty of exotic sativas tho ;)

I would vote DJ short and bros grim for their nice sativas. And dubi for the nice landraces and sativas. Im sure we will see even better stuff in the future, i just wish dubi would make more seeds available of the stuff i see on his website :)

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Nah FUCK YOU guy!

With that said, in no particular order....

DJ Short
Breeder Steve
Brothers Grimm
Legends Crew

thanks for the neg-rep by the way.:thank you:

did you even buy anything DJS? do you have a djs cutting?
i have and do. and i still say his stuff is crap.

im sorry i didnt know opinions wern't allowed.

now here's an answer, let me guess, u also gave him negitive rep?
Gypsy...created this site and the Bou and Bay...he my friends has connected thousands and thousands of people around the world. He is responsible for so many people getting great genetics to play with. Gypsy has created more strains indirectly than anyone! He has given top genetics from his vault to people and started their breeding careers!

So while others have come up with a handfull of things Gypsy has created a breeding empire that has outgrown or overgrown it's creator!!

Last edited: