The Mite Fight Thread

The Mite Fight Thread

• I Win ..WooHoo

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Ah Crap...

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters

floydfanx6

i used to battle the borg,,thats before i got floramite sc,,,battle over,havent seen a mite since application 1.5 months ago and i was heavily infested,,i tried everything ladybugs,prditorial mites,safe ,neem,hot shots,,
floramite=battle over

floydfanx6

i would give them 1 blast of floramite then 4-5 days later just in case some eggs hatch or what not,,u give them another blast,,then u will not see the borg,,until bring a borgy clone into yr grow area
Zzzz :p

floydfanx6

stop playing around with bugs and neem,,get avid or floramite,,and just kill them these things are pretty much 100% and i belive u can still buy small bottles of floramite if u look around

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
stop playing around with bugs and neem,,get avid or floramite,,and just kill them these things are pretty much 100% and i belive u can still buy small bottles of floramite if u look around

we've used floramite.. its the ali of miticides.. its the greatest

Cruzin

Ok so here are the top three currently:

1) Hot SHots
2) Avid
3) Floramite (my personal rec for infestation)

Will hot shots work for Thrips?

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
AZATROL three applications 7-10 days apart... WORKS....! But, get 'em early, or better yet, use AZATROL as a preventative... Protect yr self from the spray, but it is not as bad as AVID... (Which works too)...

Good LUCK,in the battle against the Borg...

Cruzin

We should also get into detail about how your success with these products work in conjunction with proper application.

KUSHEATER1

soapy water spray down ,20-1 bleach water spay down and keep room clean add hot shot strips as preventive measures and they will be gone keep environment clean and they will stay away...I've just battled those bitches

Whobdobub

Neem oil worked for me.

I Just dipped the whole plant into a solution i made.
And then waited a week and and did the same.
Clean the area spray down walls and tools and all that sweep and then gone.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Im pretty sure Forbid works. Its another product that rose cultivators rely on. Its as effective as floramite, yet it has translaminar activity, meaning you only need to spray it on the tops of the leaves. It penetrates to the undersides automatically! You dont even really need to move your plants when u apply it. This is just another expensive miticide that is not sold in small amounts tho, so that sucks.

Oh wait they just recently made a smaller size bottle!!! 8 oz. for a cool 279.99!!
http://www.rosemania.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product147.html

Your welcome.

ok guys i have a deluxe tent in my spare room and these lil shits...i picked up some avid from a friend but im very concerned about using it indoors....those no pet strips can those be used indoors ive read they cant.... as far as the tent itself yes it was dirty when i got it so what would you suggest as far as cleaning it out....bleach water soap in a bucket or ideas please help thank you....ill attach this article on avid take a read Pot Shots
Jane Weirick: Death of an Organizer
By FRED GARDNER

Jane Weirick died this week. She was 46. An organizer who could either lead or follow with competence. The devoted mom of a grown-up daughter of whom she was very proud. The opposite of a snob.

Jane had been one of Dennis Peron's lieutenants at 1444 Market St. Then she co-founded the Patients Resource Center at 350 Divisadero in San Francisco. She ran a trimming-and-packaging service and then launched a cannabis dispensary of her own, in the Hayward storefront where she sold clothes for zaftig women. Last December Jane was stricken with a mysterious, extremely debilitating illness that her Kaiser doctors couldn't diagnose. One thought it might be the result of a chemical exposure. She went into partial remission but never recovered. In the end she was on extremely high doses of morphine and steroids. The probable cause of death was morphine poisoning. Tod Mikuriya, MD, is asking the coroner to conduct an autopsy. (The body has already been sent to the mortuary)

Jane was convinced the chemical assault came from Avid, a pesticide that a few growers of "medical" marijuana reportedly spray on their plants to control spider mites. Avid, manufactured by Syngenta (formerly by Novartis), is a so-called "natural" pesticide, extracted from a soil bacterium. It is applied to plants in the flowering stage. It is classified by the industry as "slightly" toxic, but by entomologists as "highly" toxic. A serious organic agronomist tell us, "Abamectin [the active ingredient in Avid] is called by some a "soft" pesticide because it's made by a bacterium, it's 'natural.' But just because a toxin is made by a bacterium doesn't mean it's safe for human ingestion. Occasionally people have called to ask what pesticide to use and I say, 'Absolutely no, out of the question.' There need to be cultural practices initiated up front that prevent the need for controlled materials... Prevention is the key, period. There are truly 'soft' materials: soaps, oils, water pressure. There are tools to contol pests, there's no excuse to use these pesticides -it's greed, it's dumb, it's just not right."

Jane said that when she began packaging extensively for the San Francisco CBC, all the cannabis passing through her hands had been grown outdoors. By 2005, she estimated, 75 to 80 percent of the cannabis sold in Bay Area dispensaries was being grown indoors. (Cannabis grown indoors is much more susceptible to spider mites.)

I have a photo of Jane on the sidewalk outside outside the magnificent building that houses San Francisco Department of Public Health, on the morning in 2001 that city officials announced the launch of SF's medical marijuana ID card program. That's Jane on the right, celebrating the culmination of her work as an organizer. As fate would have it, on the night Jane died, a DPH official was announcing at a hastily called meeting of concerned citizens that the city will cease to issue ID cards in two weeks. The S.F. City Attorney's Office has been advised by Attorney General Lockyer that the new state program supercedes all municipal programs. DPH's Josh Bamberger, MD, repeatedly blushing in embarassment, maintained that the city "had no choice" but to defer to the state. Bamberger couldn't explain why, with only six of 58 counties issuing cards of their own, San Francisco is in such a hurry to comply. The state will insist that the city keep individual patients' medical records on file. Bamberger tried to reassure patients who feared their privacy might be breached that their records would be "kept under lock and key," and if the federal government subpoenas them, "the city attorney's office will fight the subpoena.

Jane Weirick didn't die in illusion; she knew that the fight for access to safe, affordable cannabis is far from over. She expended years of time and energy trying to help launch a trade group, the Medical Cannabis Assocation, to impose practice standards in the interests of all -growers, distributors, and medical users. Her last plan, according to a friend, was to back a juice bar in Hayward. He don't know if that reflected disillusion towards the so-called "movement," or just Jane's extreme fatigue and illness... Remember the small town in Humboldt County that went up for auction on Ebay a few years ago? Jane made the winning bid, on behalf of some pro-cannabis friends, but almost all of the eight or nine houses turned out to be in terrible shape, and the deal fell through. She was an organizer, that's for sure.

sickworm

Where should you place the hot strips?

I hung 1 up at the top, right between 2 lights. I turned my carbon filtered exhaust off for 2 days. I read that carbon filters will filter out most of the Dichlorvos which is the active ingredient. Its been 3 weeks so far and I havent seen any mites, eggs or webs. Also in regars to your question about thrips, I have read the Hot Shots dont work on them, no personal experience on that though.

bestbud

You could try crushing up some garlic and the hottest chilles you can find, let them soak in water for a day or two and add a wetting agent if you can find one, shake them often and spray on the underside of the leaves. It has worked for me before on an outdorr plant and the ants hated it too.
No chemys.

H

Hazeseeker

norcalkell said:
picture.php

OMG^^ gives you the shivers that pic, SMC works well at getting rid of the spider mites (2 or 3 sprays at 4 day intervals),
only time i ever had mites was the Uk Cheese, it seems to be like a magnet for spider mites

peace

peace

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
OMG^^ gives you the shivers that pic, SMC works well at getting rid of the spider mites (2 or 3 sprays at 4 day intervals),
only time i ever had mites was the Uk Cheese, it seems to be like a magnet for spider mites

peace

peace

it party-time at hazeseeker's... if u are a mite...

I just combated these bastards. I tried most methods without having to buy anything first.... (soapy water, good cleaning, sponge bathing each leaf) but to no avail.
My miracle was FLORAMITE. I picked up a small bottle for under 20$ off ebay... and went right to work. It killed all of them.. within a day. The thing I like most about it is that you can use it on Vegging or Flowering plants, up until the day you harvest (which is great) .. its also systemic so it will kill the mites that are still feeding on your plants that you can't see... and it lasts for about a month.
The other thingI like about it.. is that whatever is in that stuff really seems to make the mites suffer.. and I get huge satisfaction out of that. The day after application I found thousands of mites dangling from mini webs .. apparently going through some kind of convulsions or something.. very pleasing.

Floramite is the best thing ever.. I'll keep it around and spray everything with it. I would like to try one of those hot shot things too.

Cruzin

Yes, floramite is the CURE for INFESTATION. Like the web pic above. My old room mate and I battled these fuckers for years, webs every round. Used neem, soap, all kinds of shit and two sprays of that shit knocked them dead and they have not come back!

I will keep those hot strips in mind, the website says they can be used for any flying pest, so i will try them on thrips. I get them every round. They seem to make it in my room each time..little fuckers.