What's new

The "Miss'pell" of things...

BrainSellz

Veteran
I wonder how this equates in other languages.A
good question.....
i was checkin out a lil Croatian and a couple of the words started to do the same thing

"good night" in Croatian is "Laku Noc" pronounced "lock a knOwch"
in english i remember this by "lock a note".....when you sleep you "lock a note".....maybe the ZzzZZ note:D.....

another is "dobro jutro" which is "good morning"....
when you break that down it says "do bro" which i would think means "good"....do bro good in other words what you "do bro" make it good....and the "jutro" sounds like "youthro" which would mean young and thats what a morning is "young"

"dobro dun" stands for good day and you cant call a day- a day until the day is about dun.....you cant call the morning dun cos the day hasnt started yet.....

anyhow this is probly confusing however i do believe that all languages where put together like this, it wouldnt seem to make sense without some sense behind the language.....mo

UNIVERSE = u n i verse ......in other words "you N i verse" like talk or sing and not "you n i vs." like fighting.....

Universal = u n i vs all....or "u never saw" in other words "you didnt see it"....maybe because we see one way alot and you goda see it both ways to see the universal....jat

"Sadhu"= "say do" these folks say an do, no bullcrap, i would think....mo

Hindu= stands for what "him do" and i bet its just like a Sadhu, him do what him say him do, people of their word:)

another thing to is the silent letters like "t"....silence the "t" on the word "Politician" and it sounds like "polishin" and thats what they do is polish things up to make them look good......

so many subliminal messages in the language.....could go on fer days:p

Linenoise

http://www.etymonline.com/

It will answer most of these questions for those that what a serious answer.

People spend their entire lives studying Etymology. One of my primary hobbies is the Late Roman Republic. As such I am a little familiar with Latin and good number of words used in English stem from there. latin-> (frenchx2) + spanish + (german^2) -> english. Well, that is a simplified equation but you get the gist. :D

Of course, when we are talking about English things are a little more shady. English is really good at adopting words and making them part of the language. No other language comes close to the robust versatility of English. It is easy to learn but nearly impossible to master. It is ever changing and the constant evolution of slang will make a man go insane. Consider how many native english speakers you know that can't use it "properly". :)

BrainSellz

Veteran
there was no need for the extra "s" in miss....they just put that there to throw us off...thinking we would miss it....
no "missbehaving" fellas...thats not right.....maybe when a guy acts like a girl he is "misbehaving":biglaugh:....be careful for which miss you let in your fortune....no one wants a misfortune....hope everyone has a good weekend/strongend.... :wave:

ROJO145

Veteran
"good night" in Croatian is "Laku Noc" pronounced "lock a knOwch"
in english i remember this by "lock a note".....when you sleep you "lock a note".....maybe the ZzzZZ note
biggrin.gif
Crack is gonna be the death a ya Brain!!Im tired so Im gonna lock a note,lol,Linenoise gave ya the link,youll find the actual origins of most words are not what you are deluding to,I "get" ya crack induced fantasys(been there) but so far you have been totally off on every word.Coincidence that some words work for your theory but thats all.
For the serious answer clik the lynk,for the trippin version read here!!:wave:

BrainSellz

Veteran
Crack is gonna be the death a ya Brain!!Im tired so Im gonna lock a note,lol,Linenoise gave ya the link,youll find the actual origins of most words are not what you are deluding to,I "get" ya crack induced fantasys(been there) but so far you have been totally off on every word.Coincidence that some words work for your theory but thats all.
:biglaugh:...you have a good weekend ROJO and please dont smoke any more crack since you (been there)....TMI..
why do they call blow blow?? because it blows:D...same with crack;)

Last edited:

BrainSellz

Veteran
of course they arent...i made them up silly;)
and can you explain in this thread what is making you say all that stuff??

BrainSellz

Veteran
when your "embarrassed" you kinda feel like your ass is hangin out....
look at the word^> "im bare assed"....:D

alpo

hydroplaning = hydro planning, hydro plan

...sorry, it was raining on the way home from work

Latest posts

Latest posts