What's new

The Mill's Pride Club

gonejah17

thanks for the props man, Im trying lol

first run first cab first grow. Its a closetmaid not a mills pride so not exactly sure the equivilant. Guess home depot stopped offering mills pride?? Looks like pretty much the same thing tho.

thanks again updates coming!!

sumo

Gonejah 17 nice cab. Unless those hinges are way different than Mill's Pride you can totally light proof that cab with weatherstripping. I put weatherstripping on the cab side and on the edge of one door. I put it on with the doors off so hinges are not in the way. The fan will help to keep doors shut tight. Mine has been light proof for two years without having to redo weatherstripping. If you can keep room dark light leaks won't matter except the cab is not stealth at all when it looks like you have E.T. locked in your cab. I only run my cab 16 on 8 off during veg. so during the day my cab is either totally off for 12 or 8 hours which increases it's stealthiness.

Now that I look at your design again are you blowing hot air back in cab? You have to blow the hot air out into room. That is why the CO2 really isn't practical unless you are increasing the co2 level in whole room. You can't treat these cabs like a sealed room unless you can cool it somehow. Also the heat coming off of light is substantial and might melt your rubber connectors.

Nice work

sumo

Last edited:

gonejah17

sumo said:
Gonejah 17 nice cab. Unless those hinges are way different than Mill's Pride you can totally light proof that cab with weatherstripping. I put weatherstripping on the cab side and on the edge of one door. I put it on with the doors off so hinges are not in the way. The fan will help to keep doors shut tight. Mine has been light proof for two years without having to redo weatherstripping. If you can keep room dark light leaks won't matter except the cab is not stealth at all when it looks like you have E.T. locked in your cab. I only run my cab 16 on 8 off during veg. so during the day my cab is either totally off for 12 or 8 hours which increases it's stealthiness.

Now that I look at your design again are you blowing hot air back in cab? You have to blow the hot air out into room. That is why the CO2 really isn't practical unless you are increasing the co2 level in whole room. You can't treat these cabs like a sealed room unless you can cool it somehow. Also the heat coming off of light is substantial and might melt your rubber connectors.

Nice work

sumo

Thanks sumo, this is my first time so Im figuring it out as I go, I see now the way to weatherstrip these things properly and if I have to redo it I will. I saw a post of urs earlier saying to do it before u put the doors on and I should have but I had no idea how to even apply the weatherstripping so like I said I did it as I went. Im planning on getting another smaller cab for my veggers and I know I'll do much better with that one.

The warm air is getting exhaused out the back of the red bin, but since I dont have it going out of the room that the cab is in (ideally Id like to suck air in from outside, thru the tube, and blow it back outside)
the room gradually heats up since the cab essentially acts as a heater sucking warmer and warmer air into the cab as the room heats.

The CO2 isnt hooked up yet but the fan is on a thermostat controller so the idea is saturate the room with co2 while the fan is off. For this to work Ill have to figure out the time increments concerning the heating and cooling of the cab and set the CO2 timer accordingly.

I like the 16/8 idea and I might do that. its on 18/6 right now, off at midnight, but 6 am is a little too early for all that light lol. Waiting on my 8 x 8 darkroom vent as we speak, when it gets here and I put it in well see whats what.

Ps I love weatherstripping, the shits pretty sweet!!!!

thanks again man lets see if we can pimp this bitch out lol

Heres a pic of the exhaust in the bin.

The fan is dual and I tried to line up the holes with the dual exhaust. it works pretty well. one side blows air out of the rooma nd one out of the tube. The tube side blows much warmer air so the idea is valid at least lol. Ill watch the rubber connectors and see if they get too hot. A good friend and mentor, and a wizard of a grower uses the same connectors on his tube and its worked for him so far. On that note I actually switched sides and put the suction end closer to the bulb, so I guess well see how it does. peace in the middle east

sumo

gonejah17 said:
Yo sumo if u could put some pics up of how u weatherstrip ur cab thatd be the shit man

I weatherstripped exactly like you did except with hinges off you can have one continuous strip the whole way down.Put stripping on edge of cab whole way around. Looks like maybe you dont have it on top and bottom edge. Then one strip down edge of one door. Just be sure to close doors together so as not to damage stripping. You can open one door at a time but close both together.

Last edited:

gonejah17

thanks man. Pretty sure I get u but pics are still the shit. A picture speaks a thousand words . . .

Last edited:

gonejah17

Im no xpert but I think they might have stopped making them. Get a closetmaid they're the same thing. Not sure the dimensions of the c 24.

Heres the cab with scrog and hps, got a sadhu and a Master kush in there.

Vent came today and I have a question about it. Is it possible to have too much intake. I have an active intake on the bottom via a small squirrel fan and two 2" holes that are passive that I was just doing for the time being, but Im thinking about keeping those AND adding thie 8x8 darkroom vent, might that be too much intake??? What Im worried about is I want to keep negative pressure in the cab so the doors get sucked in will adding the 8x8 effect this?? Am I way off?? thanks for any advice

Mountain High

Veteran
if you have X amount of intake you need X amount of exhaust. No reason to have a large intake if you dont have a way for all that air to get out. as soon as the darkroom vents are installed, you will be able to test the temps when the cab is 100% up and running. see what your temps are and then decide if you need to adjust the air flow. peace. MH

gonejah17

Mountain High said:
if you have X amount of intake you need X amount of exhaust. No reason to have a large intake if you dont have a way for all that air to get out. as soon as the darkroom vents are installed, you will be able to test the temps when the cab is 100% up and running. see what your temps are and then decide if you need to adjust the air flow. peace. MH

Thanks man, got the cab running nice now. I have the darkroom vent installed and two 2" passives and with lights on at 10 pm off at 10 am the temp at plant level with the 400hps 8" away is 70. WOrks for me.

Not sure what u mean about x intake and x exhaust. R u sayin u need the intake and the exhaust to be equal, or just using x as a universal variable??

thanks again.

JohnnySixString

The cabinet from Lowe's and the Closetmaid are both essentially the same thing as the Mill's Pride c24, from what I could tell. Same dimensions, material and configuration. I guess I lucked out because my Home Depot had, and still has, a stack of c24's hiding way on the top shelf on clearance.

gonejah17

JohnnySixString said:
The cabinet from Lowe's and the Closetmaid are both essentially the same thing as the Mill's Pride c24, from what I could tell. Same dimensions, material and configuration. I guess I lucked out because my Home Depot had, and still has, a stack of c24's hiding way on the top shelf on clearance.

Damn wish u were in CA man, hook it up lol

icough2getoff

Thanks gonejah. The first pic above is a pic of them inside the cab, but here's some more when they were younger. I got 3 females out of these 4 seeds. :dance:

Last edited:

gonejah17

icough2getoff said:
Thanks gonejah. The first pic above is a pic of them inside the cab, but here's some more when they were younger.

Yeah I realized that right after I posted lol. Guess I just wanted to see more cab pics. Thats a nice setup there man how hot did it get in the cab and how was your humidity???

icough2getoff

Temp didn't get much above 80°F. That grow I used a 400W MH, digital ballast.

To be honest I don't even check humidity. I live in a pretty comfortable climate so I don't really stress about that.

Last edited:

gonejah17

DAMN, you got those buds off a Metal Halide??? Nice man. You got some green thumbs, what nutes and what was your ppm?? Sorry Im a noob and just starting to flower, tho this run Im just doing soil to run out 2 extra soil plants Ill be doing hydro from now on.