What's new

the Mexican Landraces Thread

Montuno

...como el Son...
Definately its the verde limón pheno, really huge and dense colas. When this "version" began to distribute Charlie told me that if I want to try it, and he explained me that this pheno was found in Argentina. He used it just as a feminized version of Destroyer at that time,now i realize that was in order to offer a very comercial product.
I have had the fortune to try all the Destroyers
from its earliest days
basically my old friend "Estai" took care of the destroyer project.
In those early years here in Mexico we fall in love with the "pearl Thai" pheno that came out in the first packs, it was a spectacular smoke that surprised everyone who tried it. later in recent years someone told me that they had removed that pheno from recent reproductions of Destroyer. When I had the chance to try this feminized Destroyer we were pleasantly surprised at how high a yield she had, but when smoked she was not as potent as others we had.
many things are said about this "verde limón" selection of the destroyer, everyone assures that it is what Dutch passion sells as "Desfran" Good grower friends have told me that it is the same clone taken from Argentina...
Unfortunately there's no more destroyer at sales, but fortunately here in Mexico,a very good friend of mine and very skillful grower made a huge Destroyer reproduction for years and found two super powerful Destroyer phenos, one Thai and the another Colombian, this two selected cuts are in my opinion,the best of the best of Destroyer..
anyway some old photos of this Lemon Green pheno.
View attachment 18742289 View attachment 18742290 View attachment 18742291 View attachment 18742292 View attachment 18742293

Ya te digo, primo... Esa rompe en tu Sierra Morena y en la mía, je, je... Aquí suele llamarse "feno trigo loco"...

Montuno

...como el Son...
Small curiosity: like other great hybrids of the past, there are already false rumors and myths about destroyer genetics, from the fact that Oaxacan sativa was used to the story that kaiki would have used an elusive old Colombian / Mexican hybrid received from some elderly grower, up to fact that they would have crossed destroyer with meao thai, to make it thai dominant ....
I can only tell you that of the many F2 of Destroyer that the Spanish Grow Shop Bitox gave away, I got one physically similar to "feno trigo loco" but with totally purple calyxes, which went away until mid-December...

vermontman

Michoacan purple sativa
Bit excited about this one.
First year trial all 6 plants are extremely uniform in every way no strong smells yet I was told it will have a Haze like fragrance.
Currently making fresh seed.

Attachments

• OUTDOOR CANNA UPDATE 073.JPG
    OUTDOOR CANNA UPDATE 073.JPG
    739.7 KB · Views: 162
  • PURPLE MICHOACAN SATIVA 020.JPG
    PURPLE MICHOACAN SATIVA 020.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 163
  • PURPLE MICHOACAN SATIVA 016.JPG
    PURPLE MICHOACAN SATIVA 016.JPG
    940.9 KB · Views: 154
  • PURPLE MICHOACAN SATIVA 007.JPG
    PURPLE MICHOACAN SATIVA 007.JPG
    252 KB · Views: 154
  • OUTDOOR CANNA UPDATE 081.JPG
    OUTDOOR CANNA UPDATE 081.JPG
    813.5 KB · Views: 152
  • OUTDOOR CANNA UPDATE 079.JPG
    OUTDOOR CANNA UPDATE 079.JPG
    779.4 KB · Views: 151

vermontman

So pretty @vermontman !!! True purple or induced by cooler temps? Either way, looking forward to hearing about the smoke. 👍

Peace
F2F
Hello F2!
It has been record heat here daily the only thing that has been induced is that I popped three of them into a shed for four days and two other I had under nights 12/12 for two weeks to force flower then they were all put back outside into regular full daylight for about 10 days now, and are continuing to flower. I bred the plants to keep pure seed and I also crossed a couple plants with Oaxacan Gold purple line.

elchischas

Veteran
Beautiful plants hermano @elchischas!
I bought (and grown) a pack of regular destroyers many years ago, just to look for that pearl pheno, I didn't find it (but I did find a delicious lemon scented male that I used to make Electric Lady).
I still have half a pack in the fridge, one day we will do a big open ripro ...
I am convinced that destroyer is a great sativa cross, both for those looking for something commercial and for us sativa nerds ...
Ciao hermano, how are you?
The last Destroyer editions haven't the pearl Thai pheno anymore, but got a really good phenos on it. When you be able to sproud of the rest of your Destroyer let me know,maybe i can help you ;)

elchischas

Veteran
Small curiosity: like other great hybrids of the past, there are already false rumors and myths about destroyer genetics, from the fact that Oaxacan sativa was used to the story that kaiki would have used an elusive old Colombian / Mexican hybrid received from some elderly grower, up to fact that they would have crossed destroyer with meao thai, to make it thai dominant ....
Well that isn't truth bro, in fact Kaiki didn't make the Destroyer hybrid, there's many skillful growers behind Cannabiogen old names like Lui,simpleseed,Estai, y of course the Master mind behind all the project "Siete" Kaiki was more Focus on the comercial part,the last years he was the breeder of the last Cannabiogen products. The old oaxaca that you are taking about it's the canadian clon that Kushyman give to Kaiki and he work with it a lot using it on many really interesting crosses,like this one -Mextiza- Oaxaca 79 x Panama/Jamaica
-----I can't show the photos ---- a technical problem i think

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Well that isn't truth bro, in fact Kaiki didn't make the Destroyer hybrid, there's many skillful growers behind Cannabiogen old names like Lui,simpleseed,Estai, y of course the Master mind behind all the project "Siete" Kaiki was more Focus on the comercial part,the last years he was the breeder of the last Cannabiogen products. The old oaxaca that you are taking about it's the canadian clon that Kushyman give to Kaiki and he work with it a lot using it on many really interesting crosses,like this one -Mextiza- Oaxaca 79 x Panama/Jamaica
-----I can't show the photos ---- a technical problem i think
I know hermano (or better, i don't know how many people was working behind cbg, but I know there was a lot of false information, also because I had already read it elsewhere ...

Ps I bought destroyer in 2015 it seems to me, or maybe even earlier ....

elchischas

Veteran
I know hermano (or better, i don't know how many people was working behind cbg, but I know there was a lot of false information, also because I had already read it elsewhere ...

Ps I bought destroyer in 2015 it seems to me, or maybe even earlier ....
Must got the pearl pheno there.. anyway as i told you let me know when you be able to work with the last seeds,maybe we can made something interesting togheter...
Here some photos of Mextiza,here the old canadian cut of Oaxaca 79 made a great Performance
IMG_20220815_105123.jpg
IMG_20220730_110519.jpg

IMG_20220730_110724.jpg
IMG_20220730_132050.jpg
IMG_20220730_132356.jpg
IMG_20220730_132653.jpg

IndicaFarmer

I used to get kilos of the Oaxaca in the early 70s in the Washington area. Very expensive close to $200 a kilo. Loved smoking then trying to read the newspaper that they were wrapped in. We would sit at the table with a bottle of Tequila and a case of new ZigZags with glue on them. And roll three or four paper shopping bags full and go to the NORMAL smoke ins on the mall in Washington. Grew a lot of it but crossed them with some indicas found around George Washington's Mount Vernon plantation. Before the government eradicated them. I think the Oaxaca was one of the best highs ever.
I'd love to have some of that presidential Washington stash, man that would be a great story to tell.

IndicaFarmer

Must got the pearl pheno there.. anyway as i told you let me know when you be able to work with the last seeds,maybe we can made something interesting togheter...
Here some photos of Mextiza,here the old canadian cut of Oaxaca 79 made a great Performance
View attachment 18745004 View attachment 18745007
View attachment 18745008 View attachment 18745009 View attachment 18745011 View attachment 18745012
Amazing, stupendous Sativa's! I love the leaves, love the structures, love the old school look! They seem so different from today's hybrid, indica heavy varieties!

IndicaFarmer

Mexican Ladies

Mexican Ladies

Great thread! All of my plants are Mexican girls, it's where I live. Been here since '96. I have seeds from many states, but most I don't know for sure they really came from that state. (never know from the street) Except, when I lived in Michoacan, 6 miles from a small village in the country. Electric service ended at our house! Some of the farms and ranches had plants among their corn crops. So, I had, have seeds from there, but I haven't kept them separated. Anyway, every year I have a interesting mix of plants. Here's a few pic's. The one next to the pump house is Michoacan, the rest are my garden this year.
Damn quite a collection I'd love to acquire!

IndicaFarmer

HEY BUDDY!!!
We want to keep you safe
PURPLE 001.jpgPURPLE 015.jpgPURPLE 023.jpg
Just thought I would share Oaxacan progress here because of your encouragement. Working my purple line from a great purple pheno female from last year showed some great promise to fix the purple predominate trait from last years lady. The purple came through strong on two females and two males, displaying dark stems, slight purpling under leaf and most promising very purple calyx on first to emerge female sport.

For reference last years purple pheno mom cured bud
NUMBER 1 & NUMBER 2 009.jpg
thanks for creating Purple Satellite, I just scored some seeds along with some other Oaxacan crosses from a guy in Colorado. Can't wait to crack them. Anyways, I appreciate your work and dedication to this artform of breeding and preservation.

vermontman

thanks for creating Purple Satellite, I just scored some seeds along with some other Oaxacan crosses from a guy in Colorado. Can't wait to crack them. Anyways, I appreciate your work and dedication to this artform of breeding and preservation.
Hello IF!
You are welcome and thank you! I would love to see your grows when up and running.
Cheers

Last edited:

elchischas

Veteran
^^ Good looking plant for sure. How does the high from the Mextiza compare to your other Mexican lines? I have a few seeds of Mextiza, had forgotten about them. Will have to get around to growing it soon, I hope.
Hi bro..
Well Mextiza was really clean and a focus type weed sweet citrus bud and very good producer plants. Isn't bad but it need it Explore the cross and can be selected with a little bit more of potency. Isn't wild sativa type of high i found better strains from Oaxaca, Michoacan and Guerrero. I haved some rare Huixtepec Guerrero area Strain that is really good, better than Mextiza. Potent and cerebral high great for a spend a weekend with family and Friends