2zz57xs[1].jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Donn

Freaky said:
"On the contrary, bros. That costs the divine plant its natural harmony. It breaks the equilibrium between the percentage contents of THC, CBD, CBN, CBG and other cannabinoids, for the sake of increasing THC alone, which is what they want, thinking that it's more psychoactive."
For those who don't know, Freaky was Gaspar Fraga, a very kind, highly wise, humble and good person. He was director of the Spanish magazine, "Cáñamo". Rest in Peace.

Thanks for posting that! Inspirational and thought provoking. Particularly for me at this moment, as I've just been enjoying some "Acapulco Gold" - sorry, don't know whose, I suppose Barney's? Grown legally under Washington state regulations, it's the only Central American origin I've found in the system.

Its analysis says 20% THC, 0% CBD. I suppose that might raise some doubt about the purity of its ancestry, but in light of the reasoning above, I guess it hardly matters? If its chemistry has something like quadrupled in THC, then indeed it's very likely that the balance with other significant components has changed dramatically, enough that "Acapulco Gold" 2015 is more like whatever Haze 2015, than it is like "Acapulco Gold" 1975, even if it's a direct unmixed descendant.

So now it will plague me a little, what if he's right, and better balance comes with lower potency? How long will it take to develop a big enough market for 5% heirloom sativas? How do you even get started checking that out? Maybe it will happen in reverse - today a few growers dare to put stuff out at 15%, and maybe if that turns out OK in a few years the low end of the range will come down to 12% here and there, etc.

This 20% "Acapulco Gold" is really pretty nice, maybe as good as anything i've been able to get within the state system, but indeed it is a very pure effect, I assume because the predominance of THC.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if its barneys farm then it is an S1 selfing of reeferman's AG x nepali hashplant... the pedigree of reef's AG mother I dont know. it could be direct source landrace from the 70's or could be something he reproduced on canada from AG seed stock.

satva

Veteran
vermontman, how long did your lovely Oaxacan gold flower? Was it grown indoor or outdoor?
I'd guess a pure 1970's Acapulco gold would flower for + 20 weeks.

Bugman52, is your Acapulco Gold x C99 from Snowhigh's seeds? I believe this is the Acapulco Gold flowering picture Snowhigh posted of his grow.

I love the Acapulco Gold flowering structure and gold coloring and the red stems. Chimera's Highland Mexican has the red stems, but Chimera used a 1972 Highland Guerrero Green, from the same Sierra Madre del Sur mountains, but Guerrero is a different strain than Acapulco Gold. Highland Mexican has a perfume wintergreen fragrance and a wonderful high with a very clear head when compared to other connoisseur Mexicans. 1971 Acapulco Gold was strong smoke even when compared to the Colombians. The high was powerful and wild like Panama Red, but Acapulco Gold's high was cleaner.

1975 Highland Oaxacan Gold was another classic old school high.

Last edited:

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
This is a very good thread and fun to read for me. I have been venturing into Mexico since the 1980s, when I was quite young. Always always the Mexicans would say, we are growing better mota than the Colombians. True or not I don't know. I have not been home in a long time and do not know what it going on. When I was in South Beach Florida the Colombian I smoked for terrible. Not smokable for me. When I go to Chihuahua in the 2005-6 era my driver, Raul tells me that the smoke in Chihuahua was better than the Colombians. It give me a chuckle, nothing changes jaja.

When I ask Raul later to score me some weed he doesn't know what I talk about and said he couldn't help me. Pandejo

vermontman

vermontman, how long did your lovely Oaxacan gold flower? Was it grown indoor or outdoor?
I'd guess a pure 1970's Acapulco gold would flower for + 20 weeks.

Bugman52, is your Acapulco Gold x C99 from Snowhigh's seeds? I believe this is the Acapulco Gold flowering picture Snowhigh posted of his grow

I love the Acapulco Gold flowering structure and gold coloring and the red stems. Chimera's Highland Mexican has the red stems, but Chimera used a 1972 Highland Guerrero Green, from the same Sierra Madre del Sur mountains, but Guerrero is a different strain than Acapulco Gold. Highland Mexican has a perfume wintergreen fragrance and a wonderful high with a very clear head when compared to other connoisseur Mexicans. 1971 Acapulco Gold was strong smoke even when compared to the Colombians. The high was powerful and wild like Panama Red, but Acapulco Gold's high was cleaner.

1975 Highland Oaxacan Gold was another classic old school high.

Hello Satva
My Oaxacan is a very quick to flower for a sativa. I got my strain in 1979 from bag weed simply called Mexican sisemilla. At that time we also were getting Acapulco gold, Guererro gold, Columbian red and gold, Vietnamese gold, Thai & Budda stick, Real Panama red, Jamaicans
There was Mexican Swag but mostly all great landrace buds. Of coarse I tried to grow all of them when I lived near Boston. I was able to grow some medium grade Indica at that time that had time to flower. So like the others I planted the seeds of the Mexican Sinsemilla which we nick named Skull Fuck. Learning from High times Mag I seperated out the boys. I planted about 8 plants of this Mex behind the Indica in a good sized bed. Well to my surprise they towered over EVERYTHING!! by mid August they were showing very defined hairs that just pushes and pushed. By mid Oct the plants were about 8 ft tall with arm thick buds running the lengths of the branches. The smell was piney carrot hash mixed with crazy spice.
The buds were so big upon harvesting we jokingly exclaimed these are not buds these are chickens! LOL
This strain needs a three month veg to support good bud formation. so I grow fewer plants and finish last 5 weeks inside now that I am in a colder climate. Sorry for ramble. So in short about ten weeks.
NUMBER 1 & NUMBER 2 030.jpg

Attachments

• NUMBER 1 & NUMBER 2 030.jpg
    NUMBER 1 & NUMBER 2 030.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 27

satva

Veteran
Hey Vermontman, did you consciously choose to grow the Mexican Sinsemilla bag weed over the other genetics you mentioned, or is that just how it worked out? I selected a 1974 Maui Wowie from a similar list of early 1970's sativas.

In the mid-1970's - every year, my brother's friend grew a patch of Oaxacan on a small farm in Kentucky, it flowered in long stalks like your pictures labeled Highland Oaxacan. the Kentucky Oaxacan was harvested early and IMO not cured long enough, to bring it early to market, before the California Sinemilla and the South America sativas were harvested. My brother would still say "That Kentucky grown Oaxacan was one of the best".

I'd grow Maui Wowie outdoors and harvest the top colas then bring the plant indoors, and keep it alive and flowering as long as possible.

PS> I'd love to find an old school sativa with chicken sized colas! El Chischas the originator of this Mexican Lnadrace thread noted chicken sized colas growing Cannabiogen's Mextiza. Mextiza is CBG's 1979 Oaxcan father and a (Highland Nepalese x Jamaican Blue Mountain) mother.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ahortator, thanks for posting that. Interesting read to say the least. All outa rep :p

vermontman

Hey Vermontman, did you consciously choose to grow the Mexican Sinsemilla bag weed over the other genetics you mentioned, or is that just how it worked out? I selected a 1974 Maui Wowie from a similar list of early 1970's sativas.

In the mid-1970's - every year, my brother's friend grew a patch of Oaxacan on a small farm in Kentucky, it flowered in long stalks like your pictures labeled Highland Oaxacan. the Kentucky Oaxacan was harvested early and IMO not cured long enough, to bring it early to market, before the California Sinemilla and the South America sativas were harvested. My brother would still say "That Kentucky grown Oaxacan was one of the best".

I'd grow Maui Wowie outdoors and harvest the top colas then bring the plant indoors, and keep it alive and flowering as long as possible.

PS> I'd love to find an old school sativa with chicken sized colas! El Chischas the originator of this Mexican Lnadrace thread noted chicken sized colas growing Cannabiogen's Mextiza. Mextiza is CBG's 1979 Oaxcan father and a (Highland Nepalese x Jamaican Blue Mountain) mother.

Ya hey man!
I did try to grow seed of all the greats but none of them would finish in such a short season of Boston, my Columbians grew giant but did not even begin to flower before frost, same with most of the others. Jamaican lambsbread did slightly better with thin wispy buds I had to take down before freeze but buy third week of Oct, not bad if I had nothing else though seed would not quite develop. But the Mexican Sinsemellia Which at that time looked identical to bud pics displayed in high times as Highland Oaxacan and they were certainly what my bag weed buds looked like, in fact the original buds could have been modeled in those old pics.
It would be cool to know what they were exactly, like were in Oaxaca did they grow, who grew them, how did they develop to be so adaptable to grow in New England And what happened to the original growers?
It would also be interesting to know if the gent from Kentucky had the same line as me.
Your Mowie Wowie sounds like it was a gem. I once got hold of Mowie probably around 1980. I distinctly remember those fat round lime green buds that smelt of minty pine forest! And another Hawaiian sativa that smelt like juicy fruit gum, the smoke actually made your mouth water.
GOLD OAXACAN 021.jpg

Attachments

• GOLD OAXACAN 021.jpg
    GOLD OAXACAN 021.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 38

satva

Veteran
1974 Maui Wowie fresh buds were lime green and smelled of minty pine forest.

That's the one, one of my all-time favorites! I grew Maui Wowie for years. Hawaiian Sativa ~ pine forest that's one. The Maui Wowie came thru New York City in the mid-1970's. The fresh minty pine forest buds would cure orange and gold. Federation Hawaiian Sativa genetics have a lemon smell, probably Lemon Thai. Federations's Hawaiian Sativa is claimed to be good.

vermontman

1974 Maui Wowie fresh buds were lime green and smelled of minty pine forest.

That's the one, one of my all-time favorites! I grew Maui Wowie for years. Hawaiian Sativa ~ pine forest that's one. The Maui Wowie came thru New York City in the mid-1970's. The fresh minty pine forest buds would cure orange and gold. Federation Hawaiian Sativa genetics have a lemon smell, probably Lemon Thai. Federations's Hawaiian Sativa is claimed to be good.

Very cool! Do you still keep Maui growing? And yes Federation's Hawaiian Sativa is very special, it is my second favorite to grow.

satva

Veteran
Do you still grow the Maui?

No, that Maui Wowie is long gone. I'd like to grow Hawaiian sativa genetics again.

Federation Hawaiian Sativa is my second favorite to grow.

What's your current favorite smoke, your Oaxacans? My favorites are Cannabiogen's Destroyer (Thai phenotypes) and Chimera's Highland Mexican (1972 Highland Guerrero x Blueberry Sativa). I've been crossing Destroyer x Highland Mexican for awhile.

vermontman

Do you still grow the Maui?

No, that Maui Wowie is long gone. I'd like to grow Hawaiian sativa genetics again.

Federation Hawaiian Sativa is my second favorite to grow.

What's your current favorite smoke, your Oaxacans? My favorites are Cannabiogen's Destroyer (Thai phenotypes) and Chimera's Highland Mexican (1972 Highland Guerrero x Blueberry Sativa). I've been crossing Destroyer x Highland Mexican for awhile.

Ya that Maui is nothing but a memory also, just did not have a long enough season and I was young enough to be still living with my parents. The only thing I do still smoke is my Oaxacan It never is to edgy and I don't like to get stoned just high though it is sippy pot, very potent, so just a little does you. But I am looking forward to trying some Africans. The Destroyer cross sounds pretty cool do you get a crazy amount of phenos?
Oaxacan three weeks old
SKULL PURP PHENO THREE WEEKS!! 011.jpgl,

Attachments

• SKULL PURP PHENO THREE WEEKS!! 011.jpg
    SKULL PURP PHENO THREE WEEKS!! 011.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 30

satva

Veteran
The Destroyer cross sounds pretty cool do you get a crazy amount of phenos?

Nice healthy pot of Oaxacans!

I call the cross Highland Thai (HT) x Highland Mexican (HM). I like the high from both and smoke a mixture. I have two crosses using two different HT mothers and two different HM fathers. Same for HT x HM f2, two HT x HM mothers and two HT x HM fathers.

In Destroyer Highland Hmong / Meo Thai is dominate ~ 65% - 75% after 2003. Detroyer is about f6 or f7, so it stable. The original concept was [Highland Thai x (Highland Mexican/Colombian)]. I've only seen one older Destroyer grow report with strong purple either from the Mexican or Colombian.

Blueberry is a poly-hybrid, so yes you'll get lots of pheno-types breeding with a poly-hybrid.
Destroyer and Highland Mexican mother and father both have Highland Thai and Highland Mexican genetics. A cross of similar genetics.

Blueberry Sativa - [(Chocolate Thai / Highland Oaxacan Gold x Afghani) x Highland Thai x Afghani)]

Destroyer after 2003- (Highland Thai x Mexican/Colombian) x Highland Thai

Highland Mexican mother is 1972 Highland Guerrero (green) crossed with several Blueberry sativa males.

My recent harvest of Destroyer x Highland Mexican was my first grow of Ds x HM. I flowered and seeded two females with two males. I also seeded my favorite Destroyer female with two (Destroyer x Highland Mexican) males.

I breed for the high/effect which is a combination of Thai / Mexican. The general vigor and growth of Highland Mexican and Destroyer is similar flowering in 13 - 15 weeks indoors. The recent harvest is not cured. I'll be reviewing for the quality of the high as primary and plant characteristics (phenotypes) as secondary.

PS> Growing Maui in Kentucky, I'd harvest ~ 10 forearm sized colas per plant in late October/ early November and then bring a plant indoors, and it would flower for ~ forever...........

PPS> I've never smoked African, some strains sound scary!

Last edited:

vermontman

The Destroyer cross sounds pretty cool do you get a crazy amount of phenos?

Nice healthy pot of Oaxacans!

I call the cross Highland Thai (HT) x Highland Mexican (HM). I like the high from both and smoke a mixture. I have two crosses using two different HT mothers and two different HM fathers. Same for HT x HM f2, two HT x HM mothers and two HT x HM fathers.

In Destroyer Highland Hmong / Meo Thai is dominate ~ 65% - 75% after 2003. Detroyer is about f6 or f7, so it stable. The original concept was [Highland Thai x (Highland Mexican/Colombian)]. I've only seen one older Destroyer grow report with strong purple either from the Mexican or Colombian.

Blueberry is a poly-hybrid, so yes you'll get lots of pheno-types breeding with a poly-hybrid.
Destroyer and Highland Mexican mother and father both have Highland Thai and Highland Mexican genetics. A cross of similar genetics.

Blueberry Sativa - [(Chocolate Thai / Highland Oaxacan Gold x Afghani) x Highland Thai x Afghani)]

Destroyer after 2003- (Highland Thai x Mexican/Colombian) x Highland Thai

Highland Mexican mother is 1972 Highland Guerrero (green) crossed with several Blueberry sativa males.

My recent harvest of Destroyer x Highland Mexican was my first grow and only flowered and seeded two females with two males. I also seeded my favorite Destroyer female with two (Destroyer x Highland Mexican) males.

I breeding for a high which is a combination of Thai / Mexican. The general vigor and growth of Highland Mexican and Destroyer is similar flowering in 13 - 15 weeks indoors. The recent harvest is not cured. I'll be reviewing for the quality of the high as primary and plant characteristics (phenotypes) as secondary.

PS> Growing Maui in Kentucky, I'd harvest ~ 10 forearm sized colas per plant in late October/ early November and then bring a plant indoors, and it would flower for ~ forever...........

PPS> I've never smoked African, some strains sound scary!

Thanks man!
Well that sounds like a nice menu of pedigree goodness! Is the Destroyer ace genetics? Any chance of seeing some pics?
Back in the late seventies I got a bag of African black it was called, I just remember it being deadly! I was recently gifted several Africans that are coming along nicely.
7 Malawi Gold 5 Malunje Gold, and 3 swazi Red
GREENS 005.jpg

Attachments

• GREENS 005.jpg
    GREENS 005.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts