What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE LOVE THREAD

SetHeh

“As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery… we have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace. The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger, attachment, fear and suspicion, while love and compassion and a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness.”
-- the 14th Dalai Lama

stussy22

Loving all the peace and love on this thread. Here are a few that mean a lot to me.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
-- Albert Einstein

We cannot hold a torch to light another person’s path without brightening our own."
-Ben Sweetland.

stu :joint:

MedScientist

picture.php

LOVE is.... being in the Moment, and knowing you are where you are supposed to be!

alexie1

the love i have for my mother, my sister,the family and my dogs ! larger than life and i´ll truly die for them any day given <3 nice tread guys! more love and more karma to the people.

C

Classy@Home

I love my wife and our 2 boys...

Asking her to marry me was the BEST decision I ever made (and I joke that her saying yes was the worst decision she ever made). She turned me down 3 times - but rather than walking away - as I had a tendency to do - I knew she was the one, and I kept asking.

Our sons are truly good young men - the oldest is soooo smart, valedictorian, self assured, level headed, practical and popular. His little brother (3 yrs junior) is tallest in the house, honours grad, team captain, 3 sport athlete, natural leader, and a total chick magnet.

I love them all so much - they are truly proof that redemption can be had, here, in this life, for even as big a screw-up as me...

And trust me, kids - I was (am) a BIG screw-up...

And, silly as it may sound - even tho' we've never met - I do love most of you, in my own way. My life is better for having you in it - and I am thankful for the fellowship and kindness you have shared with me...

MedScientist

The meaning of Life can be found in Love, Compassion, and Forgiveness! It is also the Key to Health! Stress and Ego are the TRUE KILLERS!

JVonChron

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
-jimi hendrix (I think he borrowed it from someone though)