What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sourpuss

Go canada, do us proud med man, looks sick!

We will chat about the blackout system at the expo. Im seeing the system in my mind just below the lights, all motorized and computer controlled:) very slick system...

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Med-man...please describe how you plan to trim, dry and pack your harvests.

hey tropicanna

sorry bucco, that info is proprietary

follow the med-man method in this subforum for how i do it at home if you like

med-man

Last edited:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any pics of your nutrient factory ?

hey blue berry

check out the other locked out thread in my subforum. commercial license success its called. i have decided to do the nutes there

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran

We will chat about the blackout system at the expo. Im seeing the system in my mind just below the lights, all motorized and computer controlled:) very slick system...

hey sour puss

sounds good buddy

i am looking forward to having a bunch of ic members help out on the project

med-man

Pangea

Veteran
Glad to see your joined a team who is utilizing greenhouses, as you may know now, its the only acceptable method for growing. There are a ton of defunct houses in Ont. similar to this one and are going to be an integral part of Canadian cannabis production, that writings been on the wall for a while now, glad to see you finally swimming with the current.

mofeta

Veteran
If it's fully enclosed with lights, I'd say it is...although technically they're greenhouses. Looks like they're going to have lights. :0)

Hi Skip

I don't think you could find a commercial greenhouse (of a consequential size) anywhere in the world that is not fully equipped with powerful lighting. Usually it is considered "supplemental" and is used for photo period manipulation or to compensate for clouds etc., although a lot of the installations I've seen would be sufficient for (meager) growth even if you blacked out the greenhouse.

My point was that indoor and greenhouse growing, while seemingly very similar, are very different. Maybe med-man's greenhouses will have exceptionally high artificial light density (which kinda defeats the purpose of greenhouse), it will still be very different than an indoor grow.

I haven't really been paying attention to med-man's scene, but it seems to me his experience/forte is in indoor culture?

Even the best indoor horticulturists can be challenged by scaling up their operations. Problems of efficiency and waste, that are inconsequential at small scale, become amplified many fold. Not all (maybe not even most) best practices of a small grow will scale up properly for a large grow, and may even be detrimental. A high-ascended master connoisseur hobby/personal grower, that can produce a few handfuls of kilos a year of the highest quality smoke, rarely makes a smooth transition to real scale. They are probably the last person you would want running your commercial op, lol, lots of pre-conceived ideas and habits firmly embedded that just don't work at scale. Small scale indoor growing is a different thing than large scale indoor growing, and greenhouse growing is a much different thing from indoor, at any scale.

I know med-man is a not a hobbyist, but an accomplished commercial grower. But the difference between a couple hundred thousand ft2 indoors and a few acres under glass is hard to overstate.

I wish him good luck, though. He seems like a determined fellow, so as long as he goes into it with a full understanding of how much he doesn't know, he will probably figure it out in less cycles than it takes to break the company. I do know that there is no company in the "legit" world (tomatoes, cukes, flowers/bedding plants etc.) that would even consider letting someone with med-man's (possibly very impressive when it comes to indoor) credentials manage a significant greenhouse grow on his own.

Pictures look like it's going to be fun!

You have some balls on you. This is one of those makes you or breaks you.

I bet it makes you. :)

Last edited:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's not indoor.

hey mofetta

well, health canada would disagree with you there, and thats who we get licensed by.

i could see your argument though, but days are short up here in winter

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What page ? I skimmed the thread and couldn't find em :biggrin: . other pics looked cool.

Are you making organic stuff or is it just like a 3part a&b 1 part type of thing ?

hey blueberry

i make the worlds only canna specific steroidm cannabolic stacker, 3 bloom boosters, a 1 part base and a cal mag. i do have a couple other products as well

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
press release #1

press release #1

hey guys

my team sent me this to share :

"(1) We aim to be one of the highest quality/lowest cost providers. We
beleive in access and don't want to price anyone out of the medicine they
need.

(2) We believe that those who are not serviced by the LP community ought to
be able to produce their own - for financial reasons, until such time as
the LPs get cheap enough to rival home production prices; for
quality/selection reasons until LPs produce the same or better meds than
those can produce at home.

(3) To this end, AMMCan intends a.s.a.p. to publically and financially
support the patient's challenge for those who are excluded from the current
MMPR as no law should deny someone reasonable access to the medicine they
need.

(4) That said, AMMCan and med-man brand anticipate being able to make
medicine that exceeds the quality and selection of that which can be
produced at home. We anticipate the bulk of the market will prefer the
convenience of buying and having delivered high quality medicine, that is
afforable, without toiling away in a garden or dealing with a DG."

now #4 concerns newbs, not the learned ic members :)

med-man

(3) To this end, AMMCan intends a.s.a.p. to publically and financially
support the patient's challenge for those who are excluded from the current
MMPR as no law should deny someone reasonable access to the medicine they
need.

med-man

Now that's going above and beyond what any current LP has done. :tiphat: Greenhouses look unbelievable dude

Nugz

leaffan

I really like point 3.

Perhaps at a later date the company might look into lobbying the government and insurance companies for health coverage on the scrips. I know the lack of DIN is a huge obstacle. There is coverage offered in Holland for Bedrocan product. Bedrocan has stated that through CCIC and individually they will pursue this goal in Canada.

It will be a whole new ball game if we get broad coverage for our meds in Canada.

Good luck med-man, I've really enjoyed your input.
leaf

I will be interested to see how your growing style corresponds with their need for large profits.

Here in Denver the Dispensaries put profit over quality. It is just a fact. I have yet to see more than a handful of places that actually let their rooms go to 60 days. Let alone 70+ days.

They also dry, and promptly place it on the shelf with zero cure. Long term this is as winning a plan as Molson Ice in a can. :)

I hope your quality will prevail over their need for profits.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi photosynthesis

as long as i am directing production, then people can be confident that quality will be the top priority.

med-man brand has set a standard mark for quality in candian medical cannabis, and this law for my brand or ammcan isnt changing

med-man

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
is your company hiring people outside of canada or is there regulations similar to colorado regarding who can work in the industry. that is some cool shit and i hope to be apart of something like that one day if it comes to CA or if i decide to pack up and go somewhere else. i honestly wouldn't care if that GH was pumping out mass market 55 day bubba kush, anything on that scale is impressive. since roughly 80% of the total market prefers cheaper meds its only common sense a large scale producer would focus on this. although the good companies will diversify and have their niche segment too.

in the meantime since i dont have VC backing or have rich family members, I'm trying to do things grassroots style and build up things myself, put in an offer today on 12 acres of AG land with irrigation supply, plans to start with just one large auto-dep greenhouse.

S

sonofsour

Hey sour, I am interested in your system, how do I contact you?

Status
Not open for further replies.