What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~~The Ladies Lounge~~

G

Girls just wanna have Fun!!! :D
:wave:
I have seen recently a few more ladies join up here on IC, and I for one am excited!! I would personally like to Welcome you and Invite you to The Ladies Lounge…

I also would like to extend an invitation to all the companions of our male members to just come in and chill. I know not all of your ladies smoke, but I also love this site for the social aspect of it as well. And, hey what a good way to check up on all your guys out there too!!:wink: lol…

Really, though I feel like if you guys would get your gals to sign up this could be a start of some beautiful friendships…

Which kinda brings me to a question I have for all you ladies out there….
I have smoked cannabis for nearly 20 years now and I do not have very many real life girlfriends. I wonder if this holds true for other females that partake, as well…

What do ya’ll think?

Ms.G :friends:

Last edited:
G

It holds true for me Ms. G, my only friends are male, and growers to boot :D

I wonder if I had remained in the US of A I would still have my highschool buddies?

G

Hey girl... good to see you in my humble lil' thread here.

On that subject:
H3ad and I dont' have any contact with any ol' high school buddies at all. But, it seems here in small town America it is common to stay in touch with people you went to high school with on a daily basis. I still see that whole "social" ladder thing even in adulthood 'round here. :rolleyes:

and to think about it, I am not even sure if I would even get along with any of them now.... :biglaugh:

G

MsG> if my ex ever signs up here every plant grown by every member of this site will die....ain't kidding, all she has to do is look at a plant and it gets sick......

and here's a question....we ain't married, we're too old for me to call her girlfriend, we live together....what should I call her and how do I categorise that relationship?

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I still hang out with my High school friends!!!

I still hang out with my High school friends!!!

I know in all the time I've been smoking (a loooooong time now)I'm usually the only "chick" smokin with the boys. but at this point in my life, its usually just me smokin by myself.I was always the one more into smoking than the rest of them.I was concidered a "pot head" like that was a bad thing?????:confused:
I do have one friend that I smoke with when she comes back into town to see her parents,We get together and thats always fun.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good idea

good idea

good idea MsG, its always nice to have a place to chill and chew the fat :wave: we have lots of things to discuss, kids, men,mj,shopping, shoes, etc :wink:
we dont have alot of friends either, we kinda stick with each other, we do have a few close friends but we dont get together as much as we should but still chill every once in a while, seems these days our stoner daughters friends come over the most and vape with us, its fun, we like to hang with the younger ppl, keeps us young :friends: we go out on the our wakeboard boat every summer and most of the time its with young ppl. :smoke:

stankbud not sure what you can call your girlfriend, how bout life partner, soul mate, companion, or girlfriend :smile: ...you dont have to explain your relationship to anyone, imo :smile:

have a great day everyone!...ill be the one on the couch, lighting a fatty[in the lounge that is]

G

:smile: mrs.B, happy to see u here!
stankbud not sure what you can call your girlfriend, how bout life partner, soul mate, companion, or girlfriend ...you dont have to explain your relationship to anyone, imo
yeah, I really think you should talk to Her (your woman) about that one...

Or do like on Saturday Night Live and call each other "LOVER" I loved that skit!

:smoke:

Anita... :wave: Can take ya back, huh? seein' old budz, it crosses my mind sometimes what it would be like seeing some of those folks again....

Last edited:

SkyRose

I find that when we are with his friends, I'm usually the only ol'lady joining the circle. On the other hand, however, when we're with mine, he's usually the only dude joining the circle.
Yes, I have a couple girlfriends that will come over and smoke a little :joint: .
When my one girlfriend comes over we sit around puffin' and playing scrabble. I swear we play much better when we're stoned. :eek:

Thanx for the invite Ms.Grat3ful

G

Ms. Babba, y'all are Riders? Are you and/or your kids by chance competition Riders? Saw Wakeboard and 'bout jumped outta my chair!

G

When I read people's posts they kinda have an imagined voices ones my mind gives them :biglaugh: ... I know prolly weird, but I know a few of the voices... like, Gypsy's post sometimes crack me up because I can hear his voice and how he says stuff :biglaugh: Kinda different having have Human aspect of these words we type on here... I think women may even have that desire to connect in that kinda way, more than men.
Ya think? :confused:

Last edited:

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
^^^^
Interesting.... Ive never overylayed a voice onto a post.... most of the time i just hear my ugly voice reading the posts in my head.

G

really bartender? I think I half-unconsciously attribute a complete physical person to who is on the other side. I srot of conjure the person in my imagination based on the style of writing, the content and the selection of avatar (not necessarily the avatar itself, more the type of avatar).

Ms. G, yeeeeehaaaawwwww :woohoo: :woohoo: we've removed a barrier :D
Takes on a whole new meaning doesn't it? :smile:

I think deep down men are just as curious as we are, and "connect" more often than we do, at least that's the idea I get from friends and posts on the boards. I've seen many guys here posting that they went to help out so and so with this and that. On the flip side of this I think that women take the initiative to hook up much less often, but when they do they give much more meaning to it. Just a personal idea of mine on the subject.

:friends: :wave:

wickyd

I really like this thread, and its weird, cause I am a straight guy, but blue initially confused me for a woman =) hello blue *wave*. I'm just a guy really big into spirituality and really just a softie. but anyhow, I love human behavior and you chicks really have me interested in how you girls think and act. To see that you develop voices while reading amuses me, cause like bartender my internal voice is only me. But I dont read a lot of novels/literature either, maybe my brain isnt trained to talk in multiple tones, I can force my internal voice to be in a different tone which is weird, but I dont develop another tone for a different poster.

What is the internal voice in your head ? what causes it ? sometimes you can control what you think, sometimes you cant shut it off, othertimes I'm too stoned for it to come out right, and I babble (right now lol, gotta love AK)

- And as to friends::
My mom - twice divorced and living in a rural area has very few friends, and does not smoke at all regularly, sometimes when I go home to visit I can get her to toke up with me, but its once every 4-6 months. She just doesnt go out and do very social activities, and if she does she waits to be approached. Cool for some guys to come up I guess, but not a lot of girls gravitate to the girls groups, so she doesnt gain friends... she just never goes out.

I am a huge "pothead" and have a lot of close friends, about 6 close guy friends, and another 4-5 close girlfriends. I'm in college and am always doing social activities a lot, I personally dont do a lot of Adult social stuff either (bars, clubs, parties) althought I'm over 21 as I'm home hitting the vaporizor and watching movies/playing foosball..... its just my friends have a lot of friends and they have friends, and everyone is young, and always doing something at their house, monopoly, pool, foosball, scrabble is a blast, poker, other card games... and 6-15 people will show up and have a good time, sometimes with new people that you meet , and theres always pot around the core 5-8 of us that throw the social event, so everyone there either becomes okay with us smoking, or we confront any issues with it up front.

But my time is different than my mom's time, she was a house mom for the past 20 some odd years and hasnt gone out to do things, and "date" or just go to a bar, bum a cigarette of someone and talk to them .... damn the US and cigs, but whatever.

Sorry for the long post, just really stoned, and figured if I share some, you girls will analyze, get to know me better, and we can learn some from each other =)

wickyd

who knows

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I also invision what people might look like from thier post . kinda like my job when I order suplies over the phone then at the end of the year everybody shows up at a trade show and we see who looks like thier voice. I look nothing like my voice, so Im told. uummmm now, I wonder if I look like my writing :chin: :confused: But you guys can invision me as a umm super model type chick.:YaRight:
I don't look like my avitar.........yet.

G

Very interesting thread... I have to say I'm like bartender too, I just read everything somewhat monotone in my head. I agree though, it sort of depends on the style of writing of the poster. If someone writes with no punctuation and no paragraphs, it comes across bland. If they take the time to make the post unique and use lots of pics, smileys and unique grammar, their personality shows much more. From now on I will give more thought to the person behind the poster. :wink:

PS: The two people I've met from IC, well, they didn't look anything like I had imagined... not even close. :chin: :biglaugh:

edit.. noticed the title is ladies lounge.. lol.. hope you dont mind me stopping in.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool thoughts

cool thoughts

I hear my own voice when i read most posts but if I've met the person I tend to hear their voice and see their face...we have chatted in a channel on IRC[internet relay chat] years ago and met with a bunch of the ppl from there in austin texas, it was a trip, your right gis, nobody looked like i thought they would. we have met a few ppl from here and you get an image in your head and the person walks up and you think"wow, thats not what i thought they would look like" :D but they sit down and you feel like you've known them forever, its a cool thing :smoker: did you guys call each other by your icmag names at the cup or did you introduce your real name?...just curious :joint: have a great day !

G

Hey Mrs. Babba :smile:

At the Cup we used our screen names, though I told my real name to a few people who were there. But they continued to call me Blue. Its really hard to pin a real name on a person you've been calling something else on the boards for over a year, and actually use it.

wickyd :)wave:)and shorts, this is the ladies lounge but you guys are more than welcome (bartender too of course, and any others who want to drop in). Interesting to see the differences between the male and female thought processes. Seems the women are much more visual in their thinking, though I don't think it has to do with having a more or less vivid imagination...gonna have to think about that :chin:

Nugget

Hey Everyone!​
I'm a newbie here though I've seen and heard enough about IC mag from my guy (Massass) and thought it was about time I joined up on my own. I liked Ms. G's opening here, that's what finally drew me in. So hello to all hope to meet some new people and make some friends here :wave:

G

:woohoo:
Nugget said:
Hey Everyone!​
I'm a newbie here though I've seen and heard enough about IC mag from my guy (Massass) and thought it was about time I joined up on my own. I liked Ms. G's opening here, that's what finally drew me in. So hello to all hope to meet some new people and make some friends here :wave:

:dance: Hey Ya!! :wave: Welcome!

So, happy to see another gal on board :woohoo:

:D got cha a nice one there girl... :wink:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts