What's new

The Kraken's Spring time Run

T

The Kraken

Afternoon ICmag.

So, after a 12 round bout with Powdery Mildew, I'm back at the growing. I'm currently trying to make a decision about what beans to germinate. Here's a quick picture of the seeds I have to choose from.

picture.php

I'm planning on doing a 2 plant scrog in 60 litre pots. I'll be starting them off in solo cups & moving up pot sizes as it grows. I've got 5 litre, 15 litre then probably in the final 60 litre pots.

I'll be growing under 2x 600w Metal Halide for veg, I'll switch to HPS 2 week into 12/12.

Here's a picture of the tent.

picture.php

I'll be raising the frames as I need an extra 30cm, but have been thinking about just tying the nets to the tent poles.

I'll be running the Canna range of nutrients, with added Silica & a couple of foliar feeds of Cal/Mag, most likely going for a 5-6 week veg. My entire grow space has been cleaned down with a combination of Fungus Fighter & a separate clean down of H2o2 mixed with Horticultural soap. I'll be keeping a very beady eye on anything that looks remotly like PM.

Thanks for looking folks.

Kraken

Leptosoma

sɔıʇǝuǝ⅁ ʞuoW
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Kraken.

I had powdery mildew couple of years ago in lacation where I couldn't use chimney for ventilation, some neem oil spraying use to help to kill mildew but spores was present anyway, I got rid of it completely by using simple dehumidifier, spores will not germinate if RH is less then 60%.

I use to run very similar setup to yours couple of years ago, harvested 1gpw of Abusive OG with only 2 plants:

picture.php

picture.php

Good luck with your project bro!

Peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Kuchi...

Ive got a 10 pack of regs that im gonna throw this year myself.... there was a reason she was on the grey areas menu for years... uk exodus cheese x sfvog... will.never forget that strain will.deffo bring her back to life.. that sfvog blesses everything she crosses as does the exo lol

Gets a 10 from len

Spaventa

Veteran
i like the sound of C99 Cherry puff. I cant see what the Sonic or Greenhouse ones are from the picture. Nice choices though, good luck with whatever you go with.

Leptosoma - nice setup.

T

The Kraken

Hey guy's, thanks for the comments. The Kuchi is meant to be a great strain, but I ended up going with the Super Silver Haze & the Space Monkey(Clones). I'm doing 2 plants per pot so will section it in half to give them 30 litres each in the hope the roots from 1 don't take over the other. The SSH are in solo cups & are under a 600w MH with the rest of my mums for now, I need to order a sheet of Kingspan to finish off the mums room before I end up potting up to the final pots. I'll grab some pictures this evening.

T

The Kraken

i like the sound of C99 Cherry puff. I cant see what the Sonic or Greenhouse ones are from the picture. Nice choices though, good luck with whatever you go with.

Leptosoma - nice setup.

Hey dude, the Sonic ones are UK Pineapple x GG4 & the Greenhouse are Super Silver Haze.

I went for the Haze & Space Monkey. I've also took the frames out & will cable tie the nets to the tent poles.

Spaventa

Veteran
I would have chosen the SSH too ;)

we seem to be using similar sized spaces but opposite planting and different lighting - you are doing 600w HPS per plant and long veg, I'm doing 30w CMH per plant, 12/12 form seed almost. Will be interesting to see how different the results are. Im literally using half the watts and 10 times the plants you are lol