What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You water 4 times a day? Jesus Christ.

14130-be8c3a-550-373.jpg

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
ty for this thread.im gonna try this out with the next run,i was sold on the post that said no need for different schedules for different stages of growth and strains...i run perpetual and im all for a 1 part sollution and drop all this fox farm nutes fasheezy...im goin for the maxi and the kool bloom next trip to the store...this thread came right on time i been lookin to switch nutes lately to try to see what other results i can get.....this can be used with ff ocean forest right?
thnx again yo.
peace-T-

That's exactly where I am, T.

Hand-watering a perpetual garden with plants in 3 different stages of developement is brutal,and that's not accounting for the veg room.

One size fit's all sounds good to me too, homie :joint:

G

Guest 18340

That's exactly where I am, T.

Hand-watering a perpetual garden with plants in 3 different stages of developement is brutal,and that's not accounting for the veg room.

One size fit's all sounds good to me too, homie :joint:
So far "one size fits all" is working perfectly. I have several diff strains in varying stages of veg and all get fed from the same rez of 1 tsp/gal Maxibloom.:ying:

mr noodles

on the mandala link....mandala rate miracle grow soil over pro-mix

im not sold on miracle grow soil at all ...

in the very last resort commercial mix you can get i think the shultz is the best or less evil , at least in canada

E

emerald city

im not sold on miracle grow soil at all ...

in the very last resort commercial mix you can get i think the shultz is the best or less evil , at least in canada
Miracle grow soil and promix are two totaly differant animals...MG for those who want to set it and forget it vs. I want to be total control of fertilization....

John Deere

Veteran

Mandala is big on getting nutes from the soil, not from a bottle. And just to clarify, they don't like Pro Mix BX. Here's the quote/reasoning why:

"Do not buy products which state info such as “It is essential to begin fertilization within 7 days after planting and maintain fertilizer applications throughout the course of crop production.” This tells you that the soil has very low levels of nutrients and won’t support your plants beyond the early seedling stage. Pro-Mix BX is one such brand that should be avoided. This soil mix has only 70-130 mg/l of nitrogen and 25-80 mg/l of phosphate. These are levels even below standard soil mixes for seedlings."

I'm currently using Pro Mix Ultimate Organic with good results. It seems fairly similar to FFOF but cheaper.

And sorry, I wasn't trying to derail this thread by getting into a soil comparison discussion. My original point was that Mandala agrees with the KISS-style of growing and even specifically recommends FNB, which is essentially the liquid form of Maxibloom.

G

Guest 88950

ty for this thread.im gonna try this out with the next run,i was sold on the post that said no need for different schedules for different stages of growth and strains...i run perpetual and im all for a 1 part sollution and drop all this fox farm nutes fasheezy...im goin for the maxi and the kool bloom next trip to the store...this thread came right on time i been lookin to switch nutes lately to try to see what other results i can get.....this can be used with ff ocean forest right?
thnx again yo.
peace-T-

Maxibloom & Koolbloom are the easiest fert regime ive tried so far b/c of the fact im running 5 strains prepetual and going to pop some Ultra Sonja to make it 6.

EVL, after i water with Maxi & Koolbloom i usually have a little left over which i add to the regular Maxibloom and feed a few times during early and mid flowering. the ammt of Koolbloom is very small and no side effects other than trichs developing all over, even up the fan leaf stem & on the leaf.

am i in for some unforseen issues of too muck P & K?

S

staff11

Mandala is big on getting nutes from the soil, not from a bottle. And just to clarify, they don't like Pro Mix BX. Here's the quote/reasoning why:

"Do not buy products which state info such as “It is essential to begin fertilization within 7 days after planting and maintain fertilizer applications throughout the course of crop production.” This tells you that the soil has very low levels of nutrients and won’t support your plants beyond the early seedling stage. Pro-Mix BX is one such brand that should be avoided. This soil mix has only 70-130 mg/l of nitrogen and 25-80 mg/l of phosphate. These are levels even below standard soil mixes for seedlings."

I'm currently using Pro Mix Ultimate Organic with good results. It seems fairly similar to FFOF but cheaper.

And sorry, I wasn't trying to derail this thread by getting into a soil comparison discussion. My original point was that Mandala agrees with the KISS-style of growing and even specifically recommends FNB, which is essentially the liquid form of Maxibloom.

I use promix ultimate organic too, but it is really nothing like FFOF. First there are just trace nutrients in the promix, you will have to feed those plants the same as you would with regular promix, and fox farm OF has quite a bit more in it to begin with.

I like the soil, just pointing out that you still need a full fertilizer program with the ultimate organic mix as you would with something like regular promix. Even says it right on the bag. I use amendments with it, not much easier then just giving the plants plain water almost the whole way through, and top dressing when needed.

Good day.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup exactly fellaz,i usualy have 4 stages of plants and all different strains...each group is usualy 1 strain but not always :D
this is gonna be a back/time saver fasheezy....thread to come.
...one more question,would it be ok to switch up nutes on whats in flower to this mid grow? or should i start fresh with what goes in from now on out?....would it be ok to switch up with plants under 30 days in flower???thanks in advance.
peace-T-

Nicoli

Veteran
Better hurry up and buy all the maxibloom and koolbloom you can before they see this thread and put fancy hologram stickers on the bottles and jack the prices up 500% :)

:D

I have ordered some :D $15 for something like 180 gallons worth of maxibloom @ 1tsp/gal, damn thats cheap. And even cheaper in bulk, i just got the 1.5lb'r.

G

Guest 18340

Maxibloom & Koolbloom are the easiest fert regime ive tried so far b/c of the fact im running 5 strains prepetual and going to pop some Ultra Sonja to make it 6.

EVL, after i water with Maxi & Koolbloom i usually have a little left over which i add to the regular Maxibloom and feed a few times during early and mid flowering. the ammt of Koolbloom is very small and no side effects other than trichs developing all over, even up the fan leaf stem & on the leaf.

am i in for some unforseen issues of too muck P & K?
I'm going to get back to you on that question. I know I read something some damn where but:wallbash:...

yup exactly fellaz,i usualy have 4 stages of plants and all different strains...each group is usualy 1 strain but not always :D
this is gonna be a back/time saver fasheezy....thread to come.
...one more question,would it be ok to switch up nutes on whats in flower to this mid grow? or should i start fresh with what goes in from now on out?....would it be ok to switch up with plants under 30 days in flower???thanks in advance.
peace-T-
Imho, if what you're using is working for you at the moment then finish up with that. That's what I would do:)

Ioni Botani

HAHAH! Seriously....wonder how much their sales in Maxi and KB are going up cuz of this thread....?!

Nuff talk.

Here she is.

Outlaw's Gorilla Grape.

These girls locked out @ around 2 weeks because of defoliation and over watering....and they STILL look dank.

MAXI BLOOM.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

LOVE this strain. AND these ferts.

WHOEVER SAYS "PURPLE NUGGZ CAN'T BE DANK"...IS A DAMN FOOL.

-Happy Customer.

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
Why not?

Why not?

So far "one size fits all" is working perfectly. I have several diff strains in varying stages of veg and all get fed from the same rez of 1 tsp/gal Maxibloom.:ying:

I'm diggin' the fact that folks are reporting back that this stuff not only works for different stages of plant development, but crosses over to different methods of growing.

I'm pretty stoked to see for myself. :wave:

C

Carl Carlson

Better hurry up and buy all the maxibloom and koolbloom you can before they see this thread and put fancy hologram stickers on the bottles and jack the prices up 500% :)

I have ordered some :D $15 for something like 180 gallons worth of maxibloom @ 1tsp/gal, damn thats cheap. And even cheaper in bulk, i just got the 1.5lb'r.

You've got no worries if they jack up the prices.

If my stoned maths are correct:

Maxibloom @ 1 tsp/gal = .083 cents U.S. per gallon

vs

Jacks Pro Hydro + Calcium Nitrate @ EC 2.1 = .016 cents U.S. per gallon (based on 25 pound bag prices)

or

Osmocote Plus controlled release fertilizer @ full strength (27 grams per gallon), the 4.5 lb consumer size for $15.00 U.S. = 75 one gallon containers fertilized for 3-4 months under HID lighting

Or you can get a 50 pound bag of the OC+ for $115 U.S. = .136 cents per each of 840 one gallon containers fertilized for 3-4 months

Running a cost analysis at the local grow store today I found that the cost was almost negligible between running MaxiBloom, FloraMicro/Bloom, and CES Micro/Bloom. As it turned out the CES was cheaper by $10 or so at the 2.5 gal rate. So, when working with the Lucas Formula it seems like cost is about the same across the board. Simplicity is the difference. 1 part vs 2 part. Benefits I see of 2 part is the ability to cut out Nitrogen towards the end of flowering, so inherently saving you a little bit of money.

Thoughts?

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
went today and got the maxi gro/bloom and some kool bloom...will start next feeds on newest in flower and in veg.ill let the oldest ones in flower finish out w the other nutes.
60 bux for all three total...bout the same as 1 jug of big bloom...and its gonna last longer.
thats wassup,now lets see the results...
peace-T-

Latest posts

Latest posts