What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Arf

is my math correct?

I have 250 gallons of water total in res and rdwc.
7grams*250=1750grams=3.8pounds of maxibloom to mix add to res?

That would be full strength. The strain you are growing may not require full strength.

250 gallons seems like a largish setup to me. I don't grow with recirculating hydro, but if I did, and it was so large, I would be investing in NPK test kits, and checking my nutes daily to see what was actually being consumed, I don't think the KISS method is all that efficient when you are talking about hundreds of gallons, you can dial it in by observation over the course of several runs of the same strain, but there is no substitute for actual measurements of what the plants are consuming.

Last edited:

sdd420

Veteran
That would be full strength. The strain you are growing may not require full strength.

250 gallons seems like a largish setup to me. I don't grow with recirculating hydro, but if I did, and it was so large, I would be investing in NPK test kits, and checking my nutes daily to see what was actually being consumed, I don't think the KISS method is all that efficient when you are talking about hundreds of gallons, you can dial it in by observation over the course of several runs of the same strain, but there is no substitute for actual measurements of what the plants are consuming.

Unless frequent reservoir changes like in a small system like my ebb and flow with a 15 gallon capacity. Love this system ! I'll never go back to soil, you just need a real good flush to get conoussuers quality and taste. Peace sdd

Sativan

Unless frequent reservoir changes like in a small system like my ebb and flow with a 15 gallon capacity. Love this system ! I'll never go back to soil, you just need a real good flush to get conoussuers quality and taste. Peace sdd

There's nothing like the quality and taste of a soil/coco medium. Nothing.

With all the water that's wasted in hydro it's not even close to being green. I'm not trying to offend here just making a point I consider to be extremely important with the lack of rain that so many regions are experiencing.

sdd420

Veteran

With all the water that's wasted in hydro it's not even close to being green. I'm not trying to offend here just making a point I consider to be extremely important with the lack of rain that so many regions are experiencing.

No offense but soil and coco are much more work and not much better. I've done both and now ebb and flow only and flush for two to three weeks just water so taste is great and burns well etc. I add other stuff for flower but cut it out after stretch etc. peace

Arf

I don't believe that, the reason we do hydro is to eliminate as many variable as possible, for precise control. Having to rely on multiple different micro organisms to excrete the same chemicals, with unknown precision, introduces a huge degree of uncertainly, and reduces control. Screw up nutes in soil and you can't simply flush an put in the correct formula like you do in hydro, there is a huge lag to re-balance the micro organisms.

Coco is essentially hydro with a few quirks. There is no reason to waste water in hydro, people do it because they are lazy. Greenhouse hydro is a water conservation strategy for food growing. It's far superior than open irrigation practices which currently dominate the industry.

Kits returned by google are for soil can I use these? can you recommend a kit? appreciate your help and suggestion on the kit. I've been testing ph and ec daily. Waiting on few items that will hopefully allow me to control my room temps towithin 10 degrees

Kernel

Feeding Schedule

Feeding Schedule

Hi. I've seen various feeding schedules and have a question.
I am running a test in 40 gallons of a standard nursery mix: 1/3 peat, 1/3 bark fines, 1/3 pumice. There is some gypsum, dolomite lime, and ewc too. Plus Sustane 8-6-4 Organic slow release. I'll be using Maxibloom and silica as the only other additives. Can anybody who has experience with Maxibloom in this sort of mix recommend a feeding schedule i.e. Every watering, every other, etc. I plan on going at 6 grams per gallon. Thanks in advance!

chippy

Cost per cycle maxi bloom versus 2 part lucas

Cost per cycle maxi bloom versus 2 part lucas

Can someone clarify costs per gallon. A gallon of flora bloom has i think 768 tsp's in gallon and in a 2.2 lb bag of maxibloom you get like 160 tsp's . $21 for gh and around 15 for 2.2 lb maxibloom. I must be missing something

bigbadbiddy

Not sure if this has been asked before in this thread but:

Anyone bothered to come up with an alternative for General Hydroponics products?

Them being owned by Monsanto and all ..

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Not sure if this has been asked before in this thread but:

Anyone bothered to come up with an alternative for General Hydroponics products?

Them being owned by Monsanto and all ..

here you go grasshopper.

http://www.lucasformula.com

...it's not mentioned in that thread i don't think but a lot of us are using Jack's Pro Hydro which is a 2 part formula, a 5-12-26 base and a 15-0-0 calcium nitrate which is more versatile than any 1 part formula. ...anyway, i just reordered 25lbs of each at approx. $130.00 delivered, my last order lasted for nearly 5 years.

http://www.jrpeters.com/who-are-you/hydroponics/products.html

peace, bozo

btw, if you go looking there are several threads on the use of Jack's, some more useful than others.

bigbadbiddy

Nice.

I personally decided to go organic soil after reading about Monsanto taking over and not wanting to buy bottled nutes elsewhere.

Good to know it works with other nutrient lines such as Jack's.

Because as great as this formula is, using it and thus supporting GH is also directly putting money into Monsanto's pockets.

And if you knowingly and willingly put money in Monsanto's pockets as a cannabis grower of all things, then I don't know what's wrong in your head.

canna_cardinal

Ever since I found this thread about a year ago, I've been growing with just maxibloom and ph up or down. I grow DWC and I don't change the rez except for the switch to flower. Otherwise I just let it get super low and give it some fresh tap water and nutes. My clones are doing so-so in promix. Actually if anyone wanted to take a peak and let me know?
https://youtu.be/3u6PVX_UfjQ

Kernel

here you go grasshopper.

http://www.lucasformula.com

...it's not mentioned in that thread i don't think but a lot of us are using Jack's Pro Hydro which is a 2 part formula, a 5-12-26 base and a 15-0-0 calcium nitrate which is more versatile than any 1 part formula. ...anyway, i just reordered 25lbs of each at approx. $130.00 delivered, my last order lasted for nearly 5 years.

http://www.jrpeters.com/who-are-you/hydroponics/products.html

peace, bozo

btw, if you go looking there are several threads on the use of Jack's, some more useful than others.

Thanks for this info. What ratios do you use the Jacks products in? Anybody know how well this works in a nursery mix? 1/3peat, 1/3bark fines, 1/3 pumice. Thanks in advance!

Deprivation

Been using MB a long time. Perlite hempy with auto blackberry and another hempy auto grow both MB only in tap. I used silica as a ph up at first but now I do coco and hit em with DE right away. why change what works?

album.php

album.php

Latest posts

Latest posts