What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

P

Purple Monster

i just switched to maxibloom here and i have to say my plants have never looked better than they have the past few weeks.

i am in love with this stuff already. it is so simple and quick it has cut many hours out of my weekly schedule. i mix my RO water(10ppm) w/ my tap water(300ppm) 50/50 and 1tsp per gallon is right at 6.0-6.1 ph.

it cant get any easier, looking forward to tasting the herbs as well.

The hardest part of this feeding regimen is to keep your fucking hands out and not keep trying to "improve" on a system that has everything that the plant needs already supplied. Even I, KNOWING this, can't just let it be what it is....

I add 1 ml of Floralicious plus per gallon. More of a "just in case" than because of any needs I have seen from the plants.

Much love and thanks to Toasted and Evl for turning me on to this last year. I've been growing great dope in coco for 4 runs now, and couldn't be happier.

Yea folks, you will easily approach the majical "1g/watt" on your FIRST RUN with this formula. Believe it, it WORKS!

Ioni Botani

I hate to be a buzz-kill, but there is one thing folks growing marijuana should at least be aware of regarding Maxibloom, and that is it's heavy metal content. I have started a new thread discussing this problem:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=196902

Sorry about the response time BerndV.....here is a response from GH on the matter....

"Hello,
The heavy metals are a bi-product of some of the mined minerals which the Maxi Bloom is derived from. There is actually very little heavy metal content in the product as it is blended with a variety of mineral salts. Some are mined minerals and some are synthesized minerals (which are actually much cleaner than mined minerals and have no impurities). The five heavy metals you mention are typically much higher in any clay soil than they are in Maxi Bloom.
I wouldn't worry about it.
Thanks"

Well..there ya have it. I'll do some more research into this response...can't be spreading poisons now can I ?!?! The amounts do seem very low, in the single PPM's...

Anyway, peace!

G

Guest 18340

Tonatiuh, FANTASTIC GARDEN!!!!
K+++++++++
SlowCalaToker, glad to hear you're still rockin the simplicity. And you are so right about the 1 elbow per 1k watt, I was two zips shy last round.

SensiBC

Out of curiosity, what EC are you folks hitting at 1tsp/gal? (If PPM, please state the conversion used for your meter) Also would be good to know if you're adding to tap or RO.

ive been on the maxi for awhile now and im loving it.
i was using bloombastic with it but have dropped that product.
this will be my 2nd round with nothing but maxi kool and bud candy and my plants have never looked better.
oh i will toss in alittle cal/mag from time to time.
and i no i dont need the bud candy but hell this nute reg is so damn cheap you can afford to experiment haha.
most inexpensive simple and effective ive ever used mad props guys.

R

Rysam

Just mixed up another five gallon batch with 5 tsp Maxi and 3 tsp Pro-tekt came out perfectly pee yellow on the GH dropper kit.

I'll get some pics tonite, Cant compare with T though, For the minute I'm just running 2 hempys, hells angel OG & blue cheese, in a fridge under a 250mh.

G

Guest 18340

Just mixed up another five gallon batch with 5 tsp Maxi and 3 tsp Pro-tekt came out perfectly pee yellow on the GH dropper kit.

I'll get some pics tonite, Cant compare with T though, For the minute I'm just running 2 hempys, hells angel OG & blue cheese, in a fridge under a 250mh.
Pee yellow=6.0 ph on the GH dropper kit, the same kit I use:)
Exactly the ph I set for all medium I use; soil, coco, rockwool.
I'm digging how so many folks are reporting positive results.
I still shake my head with amazement when I think about how easy this is.
My last harvest blew me away. Ioni can attest...

G

Guest 18340

Correct.
I meant two zips shy of 1lb per light. Only 12 plants with a week veg, no CO2. Yet...

Last edited:

DirtDoctor

Some nice pics in this thread - but I'm wonderin about yields.

Currently I get 2 lbs/1000W on 4x8 tables filled with pro-mix. Feeding AN's 3-part with Big Bud and Overdrive, and the occasional hit of sugars.

Can Maxi-bloom compete?

:D

R

Rysam

Blue Cheese
picture.php

HA OGkush on left Blue cheese on right
picture.php

Maxi & Pro-tekt in Hempys under a 250wMH, sorry bout the shitty phone pics.

BTW...that thar B.C. is an outdoor bud from the floor of the trim room that I saved and coaxed into rooting.

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran

Currently I get 2 lbs/1000W on 4x8 tables filled with pro-mix. Feeding AN's 3-part with Big Bud and Overdrive, and the occasional hit of sugars.

Can Maxi-bloom compete?

Will let you know soon enough :D

Ioni Botani

Can Maxi-bloom compete?

Cant hurt to try mate. I mean, if you have a successful garden, and can sustain while paying the price for AN, then rock on. But....we cant. Nutes are practically free for me, and that's right where I wanna be. I may be sacrificing a little in yeild*, however the bud is as dank is it gets :D

*Im confident the dialed in garden could top most any other regimen. Take note....Evl's yield is still increasing...
He's runnin' a 3x6, realistically he could have a 4x8 under 2K...fitting such and such more plants, yielding such and such more...yadda yadda...you get it.
My point is, only just now are we attempting to increase yield / wattage ratio...there's really no way to tell.

The POTENCY, however...that's where it's at...the yield can be increased...

...This doesn't look like Lucas bud. It makes shit straight SECRETE...practically spewing...with oil.

przcvctm

Sorry I haven't read all 20 pages. What I have read is mostly about yield, and of course, simplicity.

I've searched this thread for taste and aroma and came up w/nothing. Is Maxi-Bloom just about cash (cost/yield)? What about those of us that just grow for stash? How's the quality?

Ioni Botani

No, Maxi grows the DANK, like I said. Oily secretions...if you like hash, Maxi is a great way to grow..FROST.

Something about it makes the buds really oily (thus sticky, stinky, tastes AMAZING) when it dries, it gets really hard and crunchy from all the trichs on the plant matter. Really love growing with it, can't say enough nice things about it...read the pages ;)

(All our shit is head stash....of course it's quality...that's what blows me away...how dank it really is)

I'm not gunna say "Use maxi, it'll make you the perfect grower..."

You still have to know what the plant wants and when....I'm still lagging the in learning curve myself....this is just one more step in the whole equation of growing SIMPLIFIED.

My last run was all Maxi, I slightly fucked it up, and it was STILL danker than any bud around.

'Nuff said.

Ion

Latest posts

Latest posts