What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

hey sanjaun, are you dtw or recirculating ... what ec do you feed?? and what nutes do you use ??always interested to learn about diff schools of thought. constant feed in coco.. do you have bug problems or other problems with the coco always being wet..

sanjuan

Blumats are a drip system with hydro-mechanical feedback, no runoff. I had what looked like fruit flies when I had algae/mold clogs in the line (and went from drought to oversaturation) but the system is working well for me now. I use bleach in the reservoir and keep the total chlorine at about 3.5ppm.

I'm using MaxiGro in veg at maybe 1.2mS (EC) and then transition to MaxiBloom, running no higher than 1.7mS. I have tip burn at 1.8mS (growing hybrids with a little more sativa than indica). I'm using city well water, semisoft, that has 0.2mS. I recently started using fulvic acid so I've lowered the final EC to 1.6mS.

MaxiBloom works fine by itself with Drip Clean @ 1ml per gallon and a little pH Down. I'm venturing away from KISS by the use of MaxiGro and now I'm adding silicon (Pro-Tekt) @ 1ml per gallon and fulvic acid (Ful-Power) @ 10ml per gal.

things are looking better .. i have been feeding at 1.4 ec but still a little light green.. also i have some slight yellow areas with dark spots around the edge of the leaves ..mag problem ??

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
maxibloom.. trying to stay away from cal mag + from botanicare as people say not to use it ... thinking i may need some epsom salts
hearing rave reviews of a couple different calmag products.
calimagic by gh
nectar of the gods cal supposedly is good too.
both of these products are different than bpb calmag+

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
epsom is magsul
alot of cal mag products also use mag nitrate
calcium nitrate is common but other sources are also in the first two i mentioned. cal phos pus some others.
check it out.

papaduc

Veteran
There's no need for any of those products. What you need is maxigrow.

Complete base feeds are your bread and butter. Make sure you have them. A system like maxigrow&bloom is perfect for cannabis, you have both at your fingertips... Use them.

When you're using maxibloom as a veg feed, what you're doing is putting in 1.8ec of high phosphate solution in order to get the other required elements into the plant. Now that might work in a lot of situations, and it works because the plant can tolerate a lot more excess P than it could N in the flower stage for example. If you put 1.8ec of high N feed in, you would immediately have problems and you would have to scale your feeds right back. That doesn't mean maxibloom is what you should be using for the veg stage.

Maxigrow is a complete feed, with the exact requirements of every nutrient that the plant needs. It's not a feed where you have to squeeze a load of P in just to get the other required macro and micro elements. You can adjust it to be perfect for your vegging plants by moving it up or down by 0.2ec. There is no simpler way to feed cannabis, or tomatoes, or cucumbers, peas, squash... if you choose to start any of them in coco.

Buy it, get an ec pen, and from the minute they pop their shells and throw out two little leaves, start feeding at 0.8ec on top of your tap water. That's your basic guide to feeding cannabis right there. It works, on all strains... never ever fails. No need for calmag, epsoms... the plant will never need more calcium or magnesium than is in the feed and tap water combined, unless you have found a hungry genetic freak of a plant.

The reason people say calcium nitrate (whatever brand because they're all the same) works so well with maxibloom, is not because the plant needs more calcium... but because it is having an injection of nitrogen at a vital stage... it's why people who are underfeeding base nutes also report a difference when using it. It's not because their plant needed more cal or mag, but because they were using so many different additives that their base is being underused and the calnit gives them the vital macro element nitrogen.

papaduc

Veteran
how do i post pics ??

Save them to your computer, I just put them on my desktop them delete them afterwards.

Now click the MyIc tab at the top of the page.

Click on my profile.

Click on albums, then create album.

Then upload the pictures from your desktop to your album, then delete them from your desktop.

Now when you post in advanced mode ("post reply" not "quick reply") click the "insert image" option under the smiley faces and choose your photo. Done.

There's no need for any of those products. What you need is maxigrow.

Complete base feeds are your bread and butter. Make sure you have them. A system like maxigrow&bloom is perfect for cannabis, you have both at your fingertips... Use them.

When you're using maxibloom as a veg feed, what you're doing is putting in 1.8ec of high phosphate solution in order to get the other required elements into the plant. Now that might work in a lot of situations, and it works because the plant can tolerate a lot more excess P than it could N in the flower stage for example. If you put 1.8ec of high N feed in, you would immediately have problems and you would have to scale your feeds right back. That doesn't mean maxibloom is what you should be using for the veg stage.

Maxigrow is a complete feed, with the exact requirements of every nutrient that the plant needs. It's not a feed where you have to squeeze a load of P in just to get the other required macro and micro elements. You can adjust it to be perfect for your vegging plants by moving it up or down by 0.2ec. There is no simpler way to feed cannabis, or tomatoes, or cucumbers, peas, squash... if you choose to start any of them in coco.

Buy it, get an ec pen, and from the minute they pop their shells and throw out two little leaves, start feeding at 0.8ec on top of your tap water. That's your basic guide to feeding cannabis right there. It works, on all strains... never ever fails. No need for calmag, epsoms... the plant will never need more calcium or magnesium than is in the feed and tap water combined, unless you have found a hungry genetic freak of a plant.

The reason people say calcium nitrate (whatever brand because they're all the same) works so well with maxibloom, is not because the plant needs more calcium... but because it is having an injection of nitrogen at a vital stage... it's why people who are underfeeding base nutes also report a difference when using it. It's not because their plant needed more cal or mag, but because they were using so many different additives that their base is being underused and the calnit gives them the vital macro element nitrogen.

great info ! and love the advice . thanks for the response and info on how to posts pics thanks again man ! you def sound like you know your stuff.

ok guys here are some pics .. ec 1.4 total...tap water .5ec ..maxibloom in coco...veg still about a month n half into veg..stunted growth for sure... what ya think ?? and help would be greatly appreciated..

root bound in coco??
i thought the coco may have been drying out too much ... but ive been making sure it stays most besides the top 1/4 inch of the coco...i figured that size pot would be big enough for coco.. dunno.....ive been keeping ph very stable between 5.7-6.0

Mr.Sparky

Looks like over watering? The leaf curl suggests the roots are not getting enough oxgen also you need to up pot that plant even with coco is too big for a 1 gallon. I am no expert take my advice with a grain of salt. Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest posts