What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Here is a pic of a MB grown bud. It is a Blue Satellite 2.2 freebie and it has been flowering for almost eight weeks.

picture.php

Morcheeba*

Veteran
K.I.S.S.

its about achieving good results w/1 scoop of mb per gal h2o so what is the harm for someone posting their experience w/ an alternative 1 part nute that may be as good or better than mb?

it should be about helping, not hating.

its not like mb is the first ez 1 part nute for all stages of growth so why all the fuss.

peace

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
K.I.S.S.

its about achieving good results w/1 scoop of mb per gal h2o so what is the harm for someone posting their experience w/ an alternative 1 part nute that may be as good or better than mb?

it should be about helping, not hating.

its not like mb is the first ez 1 part nute for all stages of growth so why all the fuss.

peace

:good: :smoke out:

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Lets discuss how easy it is to use a 1 part nutrient from start to finish-while achieving outstanding results without buying into all the nute companies hoopla'.

:biggrin::tiphat::laughing:

papaduc

Veteran
Lets discuss how easy it is to use a 1 part nutrient from start to finish-while achieving outstanding results without buying into all the nute companies hoopla'.

This thread was started by IoniBotani to promote, by documenting results, the belief that you don't need 15 bottles of bullshit to grow a simple herb. Let's remember that.

It's a belief I am 100% in agreement with and is something I try to explain to every new grower I speak to on this forum. It was never Ioni's idea to create a thread in which only one half of one nutrient line could ever be discussed.

When you actually look at page 6 alone, 3 people made different suggestions about altering the ratios to bring in more nitrogen, and what other brands can be used with just as much simplicity.

Here's a post from someone growing using maxigrow

Guest showed you the flowers...here is a picture of some young'ins only 3 weeks old growing in 12 inch diameter hempy's and fed 1 tsp/gal MaxiGROW (it's only fucking $12 a kilo!). Forget the color, they're the most perfect, beautiful shade of dark green. It was the light reflecting off that wonderful satiny shine they get.

View Image

Here's Ioni's Response:

Thanks Jammin! Input in this thread is greatly appreciated.
Gotta spread the word of simplicity!
MUST NOT perpetuate the tendency to capitalize!
That is the purpose of this thread.

"If you can't make it work with Maxi, good luck with anything else."

-Io

I think it's time for people who want to discuss freely what the OP initially intended - ways and methods to keep it simple and promote the right philosophies to new growers not to be caught up in the bullshit pushed by nute companies - to take back ownership of this thread and keep it where it was intended to be: in the hands of people who share that belief.

So, talk maxigrow for veg if you want. Talk V+B too. If it's simple you're promoting, it belongs here.

Simple as that.

RetroGrow

Veteran
V & B is nothing but Maxibloom with additives. Now why would I want them to choose what type & amount, of additives I may want to use, and when I would apply them? Do they know what strain I'm growing? No!
Do they know what style of growing? No! Do they know how I like my herb? No!
Do I want to pay more for their silica? No!
Do I want them to choose how much cal/mag I am going to use? No!
Do I want their nitrogen amounts through flower? No!
Can I get all those additives if I want them? Yes!
Do I get to choose how much and when I use additives, if I want them?
Yes!
Do I want to pay a huge price premium for them to choose what additives I use, and when, and how much? No!
Do they know my situation, and what I'm looking for in a particular run/strain? No!
Do I want to pay them all that extra money to make my decisions for me? No!
I'm pretty sure (positive) that I can make those decisions myself, when necessary or desired.
So, my base is going to be Maxibloom, and if I want additives, I'll add 'em myself. Don't need anyone to tell me what additives I need for my ever changing situation, 'cause they don't know.
Prices they charge are outrageous for the inexpensive additives they include. A rip off, for sure.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have to disagree.

V+B works great with my water. I have virtually no Ca or Mg in my tap water, and had chronic shortages with every nutrient that I tried. V+B has double the Ca level of Maxibloom.

While there is little doubt that I could add enough shit to most of the nutrients around to make them work, you wind up chasing pH all over hell and they don't stay stable when left in the reservoir unattended for long periods. I also don't like chasing my tail trying to figure out what I'm lacking NOW. Tried that.

V+B is stable enough for me that I can leave things for 2 weeks without a problem. The cost may be higher, but I don't grow commercially, so it doesn't make enough difference to me to be worthwhile. It also works very, very well.

Sounds like the definition of KISS to me.

superjet

V & B is nothing but Maxibloom with additives. Now why would I want them to choose what type & amount, of additives I may want to use, and when I would apply them? Do they know what strain I'm growing? No!
Do they know what style of growing? No! Do they know how I like my herb? No!
Do I want to pay more for their silica? No!
Do I want them to choose how much cal/mag I am going to use? No!
Do I want their nitrogen amounts through flower? No!
Can I get all those additives if I want them? Yes!
Do I get to choose how much and when I use additives, if I want them?
Yes!
Do I want to pay a huge price premium for them to choose what additives I use, and when, and how much? No!
Do they know my situation, and what I'm looking for in a particular run/strain? No!
Do I want to pay them all that extra money to make my decisions for me? No!
I'm pretty sure (positive) that I can make those decisions myself, when necessary or desired.
So, my base is going to be Maxibloom, and if I want additives, I'll add 'em myself. Don't need anyone to tell me what additives I need for my ever changing situation, 'cause they don't know.
Prices they charge are outrageous for the inexpensive additives they include. A rip off, for sure.

this is the most intelligent post I have seen on this thread in a long while. you sir are so right....thank you! just my opinion not trying to be a hater. and I get great results using the grow and bloom at different times in "my grow" I love gh nutes because you can mix and match with whatever you want or need, semi-organic, bennies you name it they got it, simple or not.

ICbuds

Veteran
I have to disagree.

V+B works great with my water. I have virtually no Ca or Mg in my tap water, and had chronic shortages with every nutrient that I tried. V+B has double the Ca level of Maxibloom.

While there is little doubt that I could add enough shit to most of the nutrients around to make them work, you wind up chasing pH all over hell and they don't stay stable when left in the reservoir unattended for long periods. I also don't like chasing my tail trying to figure out what I'm lacking NOW. Tried that.

V+B is stable enough for me that I can leave things for 2 weeks without a problem. The cost may be higher, but I don't grow commercially, so it doesn't make enough difference to me to be worthwhile. It also works very, very well.

simplicity is key. V+B is what allowed me to finally balance my crop and stop worrying about deficiencies. 4grams of dirty and 1gram of tap hard in 1 gallon of water and i'm crushing every round. grateful.

picture.php

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have to disagree.

Exactly !!!!
I use 0 water RO/DI & i don't need calmag , silica or any of that shit that other companies leave out of they're base formulas !! my rez stays PH steady for days & my buds are better than they have been with any other nute including MB which i used for over a year .
& i use less than a 5lb tub every 2 months which comes out to less than 50$ a month ..... so wheres this major expense retro keeps going on about ??

superjet

you know it boils down to what works for you, period. I tried V+B a few years back and did not like it due to problems I started having that I never did before, same strain and conditions for 2 years so I knew my plant. I like the simplicity of a 1 part but come on, the same npk profile the whole way through veg and bloom? and I don't see anything with the proper amounts of everything staying in solution for 2 weeks plus, really? I mix in sparkletts bottles and can see when my mix falls out of solution, usually 5-8 days. I don't want to knock V&B as I'm sure it's gotten better and I should try it again. god knows my life could use some simplicity!

superjet

and just a side note: I think a lot of your crops (you guys running V&B) look way too dark green at the end, too much nitrogen.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like the simplicity of a 1 part but come on, the same npk profile the whole way through veg and bloom? and I don't see anything with the proper amounts of everything staying in solution for 2 weeks plus, really?

The NPK profile seems to work for me - take a look at my albums for the results. Also, I use Blumats and am usually out of town for 10-12 days a month. A full reservoir will last for weeks, and I never change the mix out - it just gets topped off and the strength adjusted as necessary. The pH may drift 2-3 tenths over a 2 week period, but that works fine.

and just a side note: I think a lot of your crops (you guys running V&B) look way too dark green at the end, too much nitrogen.

Too green?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

superjet

hahahaha!! I'm not trying to turn this into a pissing contest!! what ever works for you my friend, your plants look nice.

Latest posts

Latest posts