What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

savage6970

My beautiful and most cherished thread, on the brink of 250,000 views. Keep up the good work everyone! Remember it's not about the NPK, it's a way of life!
Keep it simple, no matter what you do.
Peace and Prosperity
-1I-
:deadxmas:

Thanks Ioni Botani. This thread helped me thru my 1st grow. Have some auto AK47s hanging about ready for jars. I have added some fertilizer grade blackstrap to my 2nd run with no ill affects. My AKR's and Green-o-Matic are loving it. Here's to another quarter million posts!!!
:thank you::thank you::thank you:

picture.php

savage6970

My beautiful and most cherished thread, on the brink of 250,000 views. Keep up the good work everyone! Remember it's not about the NPK, it's a way of life!
Keep it simple, no matter what you do.
Peace and Prosperity
-1I-
deadxmas.jpg

Thanks Ioni Botani. This thread helped me thru my 1st grow. Have some auto AK47s hanging about ready for jars. I have added some fertilizer grade blackstrap to my 2nd run with no ill affects. My AKR's and Green-o-Matic are loving it. Here's to another quarter million posts!!!
thank%20you.gif

picture.php
:woohoo:

Just wanna revise my kiss method.. Been on maxibloom for a while now, but in coco I was getting lockout.. Ive since moved to H3eds method for coco, and its still kiss as far as I am concerned, with lower P and K, you really need less N, and the cation exchange capacity of coco means you need less p and k per feeding.. Ive got about 10 different strains all looking pretty good in coco with this, just in case any coco growers read this.. With maxibloom, if you have any light feeders that are looking yellow, its N getting locked out by the K in the nutes at regular kiss strength, fine for hydro, but in coco I was having some issues.. Im not the only one apparently..

So what was your fix to this? I'm in perlite /vermiculite mix using g maxi with pro silica. It's pH is always right at 5.8-6. I use about 50% DILLUTED mix on new xplants. But I'm noticing in all my new xplants the new growth is yellowing. I use a cloner, and I kno whatever leafs are on there will fall off, but my new growth is starting to yellow. I'm getting great root growth. They were X planted 13 days ago and all roots are touching the bottom. The Thing is my 2 mother plants which get the same exact feeding regime eight next to the xplants, Are green as can be. I used Mykos this time in my xplants. Could this be causing yellowing?

I can't really remember from my last time if it took this long for roots to hit rez and plants BURST. I'm looking for that burst. My partner is freaking out thinking something goin wrong but I assured him a week and we'll have that BANG. Now I need ee assurance from my kiss family that I am either freaking out or experiencing the problem above. I'm at work so I can't post pics but I have a bunch ill post later. Any help would be great.

NoFx

in veg i go just over 5.5 grams per gallon of MB. I add silicate as a ph up as well.

for a little N kick ... you can pick up some liquid african violet food. Ortho makes a concentrated form. I add about 5 drops to a large home depot squirt bottle and foliar feed with that. It's 6-9-5.

Before I used castings and even other organics with good results by cutting my coco.
So far K.I.S.S. is MB, foliar feeds when i see yellowing, and a PK booster at the end before flush.

Sorry i could have been more specific in earlier post. I am in hempy buckets which I did not state. Like I said before, my partner is freaking out and thinks everything is going to hell( if so it was by his doing) I think im just in that transition stage where roots make their way to the reservoir. The little bit of new growth is yellow though. Here are some pics i tried to take a bunch. Again the two mothers here on the left are getting the same watering and nute regime. Usually around 3.75-4 g of MB per gallon or %50. And they are green and GROWING! under the 32wcfl. So why is my 100w 4tube T5 not making these babies burst?

KISS rocks, I have been hammering it in roots original soil for almost 3 years now, using the basic 7g/gal and some diamond nectar at 2.5ml/gal. Results are fantastic and it could not be easier.

Now I am going to ask for some advice. I have been seeing all the coco rage and want to try it out. My buddy uses lucas in his coco with some perlite and gets almost hydro flood system yields. I am seeing if there is anyone out there that uses MB 7g/gal for coco. Also what PH and EC do you water in with? Do you feed once a day every day? What size pots or does it matter past 5gal? Just a general experienced coco KISS user response would be much appreciated.

I have gone through this thread and really couldn't sum up all the posts into one general thought for coco use. Lots of PH problems is all I have really seen. Thanks in advance for all your input because I know its out there!

T

NoFx

I start clones with roots half strength along with some of my grow buddies. Straight coco and r/o. Ph 5.8 and ppms around 4-600.
If any yellowing appears add more. If tip burn occurs add less. Sativa leaning girls tend to like a hotter mix. Most indicas like somewhere around 6 grams a gallon in my experience.
If roots arn't developed enough either water less or feed/water/feed/ect. Salt build up can cause lockouts...but is usually an easy fix.
But with all plants, you just need to read em and adjust depending what they are telling ya.
Different chem strains and even og's can be a pain to dial in with Mb. This is why I foliar feed whenever I feel they need it. Less is more in my book.

Hope that helps.

groovee

Matt... those looked locked out for sure.

Mix up a gallon to 800 ppm and 5.8ph and flush em out good, leave em sit for a bit, the one looks to be over watered with the alage on top.

I been growing in perlite for years, seen it all..

groovee

Just read,
4 grams per gallon is way to much for cuttings.. use 3/4 teaspoon per gallon if you cant measure ppm's.
You will have to flush quit a bit to bring the ppm's in the medium down.. that much feed will cause the ph to be super low if you are not checking it.

Yea i dont have a ppm meter. So your saying by flushing the plants with nute mixture at 3/4 tsp / gal is gonna get them out of lockout? A week later and I got green growth. Looks like my partner hit the mix a little heavy bc we have slight tip burn. But them seem to be doing a little better. Thing is I have not given them over 3.5 g per gallon yet since they are xplants. All the stems are Burgundy red, is this a sign they need food. I've run into a few problems during this veg run but all others were great. Thanks for the help man. I'll try to get some pics tonight

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Yes I'm checking pH most times. We bring it up slightly with a silica product. So I wanna feed 3/4 tsp constantly or what. I'm not really sure on how to flush as u talked above

groovee

Matt, i can not send pm's, i havent been back long enough i suppose?

Here is a response to your pm i tried to send.

The only real way is to flush with correct reading nutes.. ppm should be lowered and backed away from light until new healthy growth is apparent.
You must monitor run off often in hempy buckets because of the internal rez. the solution can change considerably depending on nute brand and state of the plant. this is why i prefer drain to waste with perlite, i have found it to be one of the best mediums around once dialed. it is very forgiving when you make mistake.

good luck!

groovee

Yea i dont have a ppm meter. So your saying by flushing the plants with nute mixture at 3/4 tsp / gal is gonna get them out of lockout? A week later and I got green growth. Looks like my partner hit the mix a little heavy bc we have slight tip burn. But them seem to be doing a little better. Thing is I have not given them over 3.5 g per gallon yet since they are xplants. All the stems are Burgundy red, is this a sign they need food. I've run into a few problems during this veg run but all others were great. Thanks for the help man. I'll try to get some pics tonight

Matt, the purple stems are a sure sign of lock out considering your other symptoms.
flushing those 2 liter's will require you to pour at least 1 gallon of properly mixed/ph'd nutes solution threw the 2 liter's, be sure to get even coverage of the medium starting at the top.
you should also put drain holes in the bottles as well... will help dissipate the medium quicker.
you should notice healthier growth within hours, new growth within 48 hrs.
good luck

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Matt, the purple stems are a sure sign of lock out considering your other symptoms.
flushing those 2 liter's will require you to pour at least 1 gallon of properly mixed/ph'd nutes solution threw the 2 liter's, be sure to get even coverage of the medium starting at the top.
you should also put drain holes in the bottles as well... will help dissipate the medium quicker.
you should notice healthier growth within hours, new growth within 48 hrs.
good luck

...i grow in coco hempys and not perlite but i always make sure i get 15% runoff or so so i am essentially flushing with a proper nute dose at every feeding.

they do indeed look locked out but i think i'd flush with just ph'd water first, then follow with the correct nute mix.

...oh yeah, if you put more holes in the bottles it may help them dry quicker but they won't be hempys any more.

bozo

groovee

Bozo ( lol )
I agree for the most part, however, perlite is a little different than coco, it will release the nutes much faster than coco, flushing with plain ph'd water first is not needed.

I ran hempy style for quite awhile before doing drain to waste in straight perlite. both have they're advantages but the dtw version is far superior IMO.

Top feed recirculating being the best have seen ever, in this type medium that is.

watts

ohms
Veteran
i've heard of the lucas formula being 8/16 and 5/10

I'm running coco and want to use Maxibloom but how many grams is closer to the 5/10 or 6/9 nutrient profile? 7 grams of maxibloom has twice the amount of K the 6/9 recipie. Seems really high for coco. Everything else seems good.