What's new

The joints are canoeing

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I am a vaper, 90% of the time.. socially joints are acceptable although tasting mostly burnt paper/weed. but many of my joints, 1/2 gram to 1 gram joints canoe some, mostly in the first half of the joint and then straightens itself out about half way thru. they are rolled somewhat tight but not hard. I use ezwider double wide papers (maybe that's why I taste burnt paper) and bud is ground in a grinder (MendoMulcher), no sticks or seeds.
the herb isn't wet, ive even left it ground overnight to dry out more.. WTF am I doing wrong? any ideas?

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
You are using one of the worst papers on the market, which have somehow managed to stay in business since the mid 70's....i remember when these POS papers first came out.
Try learning to roll with single width.. Use Club papers or Rizla in the blue package..Even white Zig-Zags in single width are 10 times better than what you're using now...

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
You are using one of the worst papers on the market, which have somehow managed to stay in business since the mid 70's....i remember when these POS papers first came out.
Try learning to roll with single width.. Use Club papers or Rizla in the blue package..Even white Zig-Zags in single width are 10 times better than what you're using now...
are you saying that the papers is the reason they are canoeing?
Why are EZW papers the worst? I use them because the whiteness of the papers isn't as recognizable once rolled, as rizzla/ZZ or the like. I believe the saying 'the roach' was coined because the look of a joint after 2/3s or more is smoked, rolled with single paper, looks like the color of a cockroach.:biggrin: but why do they canoe?

Hugh Midity

Veteran
yep, too much paper bro and I've personally always disliked the ezs. the smallest amount of paper possible is best imo. where the paper is doubling up is where the canoeing is I'd bet. 1.25 is the biggest i'll use because of the canoeing and taste, all that extra paper tastes like crap

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
part of your roll is getting doubled up. the way you tuck that flap in the middle, do the same to the ends. the ends are getting more paper than the middle.

i think.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
yep, too much paper bro and I've personally always disliked the ezs. the smallest amount of paper possible is best imo. where the paper is doubling up is where the canoeing is I'd bet. 1.25 is the biggest i'll use because of the canoeing and taste, all that extra paper tastes like crap
like I said, I vape 90+% of the time, burning it in any way tastes like shit.. but no one complains. :tiphat:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
part of your roll is getting doubled up. the way you tuck that flap in the middle, do the same to the ends. the ends are getting more paper than the middle.

i think.
this, I think makes the most sense, I do double the paper all the way across the bone when rolling. TKS:tiphat:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
imho it's the gummed edge that burns slower than the rest...particularly if you blaze it up immediately after licking it...it's still wet? then it will burn slower or retard burning causing it to canoe.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you notice it boating, hold the lit end straight up in the air. Heat rises, it will even out. I always hold my joints that way and they never boat. Also ezs are terrible. Im all rizla myself, the blue oversized ones. The best!

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
You will be amazed by how much better joints taste when rolled with quality paper, (though still using as little paper as possible.)
Clubs in particular, roll beautifully superior joints…followed by Raw’s, Elements and blue Rizzla’s, (my fave brands with glue.)
If/when you try Clubs, just be aware they don’t have glue, (an advantage as far as flavor goes.) To close the seam, you first must make a fold and gently rip the edge that would normally have glue…After rolling the joint, moisten the torn edge, as you normally would and use a lighter (from a distance) to heat/dry the seam.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im not sure what ppl love about raws so much, they always consistently hurt my throat a little. I mean, ill still smoke them, but reluctantly.

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
if you want less paper just back roll and rip the excess at the gumline, you will literally use just the paper you need that way.

I smoke and drive so I need that "cig appearance" as much as possible and that means EZW ftw.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Two things I can think of

Two things I can think of

I have been rolling joints for forty years, I prefer ZigZag regulars :dance013:

1) Puff Puff pass, a continuing heavy pull on a joint may cause it to run.

2) If you moisten the joint by putting it in your mouth and giving it a swirl, it will not run.

Old Hippie Tricks :tiphat:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah but number 2 leaves your joint coated in saliva. Do i want to smoke lots of skin cells? Personally no, even when i lick the gum of a paper i do it as minimally as possible. Not hating on the old old tricks, just explaining why new ones might be an advancement. I agree with number 1 wholeheartedly.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I usually smoke with my wife and she doesn't care :dance013:

But can you believe she has never rolled a joint :tiphat:

P.S. I rarely lick my joint :woohoo: I let her

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
I get Elements for $1.59, per pack of 100, at the local smoke shop.

Even cheaper off the net.

Love 'em.

I see no need to pay more.

Latest posts

Latest posts