What's new

***THE JOINT ROLLING THREAD***

jojajico

Veteran
begeesterdechol said:
No problem, if you want I can post up some other roach figures if i got the time.
yea man definatly post some more pics of your technique thats what this thread is about.

S

sow the seeds

I definatley think backwards rolled joints are the way to go. Least amount of paper and really not that much harder to roll.

Only thing was that they didn't burn even when I first started rolling em. I knew there weren't any air pockets so looked at it and figured out it was where the glue was that was burning too fast. Where the paper overlaps (where the glue is) burns faster than the rest. Now I lick the entire joint after its rolled and it seems to help it.

Also I think tearing the excess paper off is much easier than burning it off...its already wet from you licking it, just be gentle and if your joint is well formed the paper will tear right off where you want it too. If you roll a flimsy/loose joint I wouldn't recomend it though.

jojajico

Veteran
sow the seeds said:
I definatley think backwards rolled joints are the way to go. Least amount of paper and really not that much harder to roll.

Only thing was that they didn't burn even when I first started rolling em. I knew there weren't any air pockets so looked at it and figured out it was where the glue was that was burning too fast. Where the paper overlaps (where the glue is) burns faster than the rest. Now I lick the entire joint after its rolled and it seems to help it.

Also I think tearing the excess paper off is much easier than burning it off...its already wet from you licking it, just be gentle and if your joint is well formed the paper will tear right off where you want it too. If you roll a flimsy/loose joint I wouldn't recomend it though.
you can light the extra paper and blow perpendicular to the joint and it will run right up to the tip and light your joint.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I remember a thread like this on OG, they had all sorts of pictures of joints in it. My fav was where you take 3 joints and braid them together to make a wierd uber twisted joint... then there was the dutch tulip too.

astral00.jpg

t_DocCi0.jpg

Last edited:

jojajico

Veteran

heres one i just rolled. notice the tucked end not a twisted in i find that these burn more even and are easier to light.

made from elements and schwag smoked by jojajico

here you can see what it looks like when first lit notice the paper cap this is the area on the tip of the joint that containes overlaped paper and therfore does not burn but as soon as you light it and puff a few times it knocks off like a bottle cap with a knock from the butt of your lighter. a truely pleasant smoke.

Relapse

Thats what I do to, when I roll a cone I just fold the excess paper into the tip of the joint instead of twisting the top shut.

jojajico

Veteran
Sammet said:
jojajico - can you explain the tucked in end a bit more mate?
u know the open end of the joint, the one u usually twist instead u push one edge down perprndicular to the joint length and flat against the weed at the tip of the joint. if u rolled it correctly you should be able to fold the edges over towards the center of the joint. you keep on goint around folding over smaller and smaller pieces of paper till a nice "cap" is formed on the top of the joint.

Tarkus

Mother Nature's Son
Veteran
I just rolled a joint and decided I would slap a pic on here of it. I usually end my joints by packing them until there is about 1/8th and inch or less of paper overhang and then fold that excess towards the middle, so there is a nice little hole in the center. This one came out fucked up because I was laughing when I rolled up the joint, causing it to not be symmetrical. South Park, no matter how many times I watch ya, you still get me. Damn your black heart Barbara Streisand!

jojajico

Veteran
Sammet said:
jojajico - can you explain the tucked in end a bit more mate?
hey man just rolled another and decided to take a few shots so u can see what im talking about. the joint is rolled this is just showing the tuck....

here just one side of the cone is folded over towards the center.

another side

one last side to fold over to get the major paper folded over.

all the major sides are now folded over but the work isnt dont i will go around 5 or 6 more times pinching and folding over exces paper.

the final tip, i may go around a couple more times but its pretty much done.

jojo i do that to the mouth end of my jays and bs..it kinda stops stuff from shooting back into your mouth.use a match push in the paper and then fold it using the shape of the match.

Relapse

Jojajico I would be interested in seeing how you roll your cones, I know practice helps but how many papers do you use and what kind of technique?

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
My little secret is I clip about a 1/2 inch of a Mcdonalds drinking straw and shove the joint into it as a wee holder. Hits pull much nicer and no resin goo on the lips. Just need to be careful and yoink it out before meltdown.

jojajico

Veteran
Relapse said:
Jojajico I would be interested in seeing how you roll your cones, I know practice helps but how many papers do you use and what kind of technique?

um i woul dlove to post a video of me rolling one i may be able to if u give me a few days. that is only one king sized elements paper. i start by putting the weed in the paper and shaping it into a cylinder. you know rolling it between your thumbs. then when a nice cylinder of weed is formed i move to the far right end with both hands and tuck the right corner closest to me over the weed with my right tumb. i use my mouth as a third hand and pull the remaining paper taught. i slowly reproduce this process moving up the joint to the tip tucking and pulling the paper taught this forces weed towards the tip making the cone. its kinda hard to describe i will try to get a video up but no pormises. time to roll another.l

it's just normally rolled. Don't have the time to post up pics of other roaches right now, been really busy. Hopefully next week won't be as hectic.

Off to the pusher now.