What's new

The IC Organic Growers Community Thread.

B

BillMollison

No it isn´t. I was looking for a name when I signed up and since I have been reading a book by him I used the name. Not very original I know.

BM

C

Carlos Danger

I just finished his book on Ferment and Human Nutrition. Very good reference book.

VortexPower420

Veteran
Hey I was gone for a few days and it seams the making your own soil 101 is gone.

What happened? I thought that was a great thread.

Timbuktu

I may have a battle here who is going to be better East coast ECSD or West coast Hash Berry both looking good.

Two Hashberrys

ECSD let the battle begin!

Coba

Veteran
Hey I was gone for a few days and it seams the making your own soil 101 is gone.

What happened? I thought that was a great thread.

Timbuktu

here you go...

it's post #7 from xmobotx's signature thread...

CC said:
Here's mine..................

Base Mix

4x coconut coir
3x peat moss
1x vermiculite
1x perlite
1x pumice

Mineral Mix

1x Azomite
1x glacial rock dust
1x soft rock phosphate
1x NJ green sand
1x limestone

Compost Mix
1x local organic compost
1x Alaska humus
1x EWC

Amendment Mix

Several seed meals, fish meal, fish bone meal, kelp meal, neem meal, crab/shrimp meal, bokashi bran.

Lime Mix (as per Steve Solomon's COF formula)

1x dolomite lime
1x oyster shell powder
1x gypsum

Soil Mix - 5 gallons

3x base mix
1x compost mix
1 cup amendment mix
1.5 cups mineral mix
.25 cup lime mix

CC
[/quote=CC]
this about sums up fti's thread...

V

vonforne

That mix is a few years old I believe. CC had revised it to a simpler mix leaving out the Dolo lime, greensand and a few others to what he posted in the Living soil thread after that.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1 of the things i feel is a good direction is the 1:1:3 ratio of drainage:humus:peat as it keeps us closer to "ideal" ratios of drainage & humus components

1:1:1 is common in nurseries & does prove that it's not that critical

1:1:2 has always been my preference just for ease but always felt like another 'part' of peat would make it a little more economical

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
as soon as august is over we'll start sorting out the picture competition winner guys so post em up!

recently heard a rumor of Mr.greengenes passing away. if true the scene has lost a great breeder and grower. That guy was a hero of mine.

Heri
picture.php

picture.php

VG

C

Carlos Danger

I hope that's not true. A sad loss if so. I remember hearing when Silverback died guerillaing it up a few years ago. It's the beauty of our scene that we have everyone from the young to the old bound together by a love of this wonderful plant.

Positive vibes to all the breeders gone missing or on hiatus. Especially H3ad.

C

Carlos Danger

Also vg will you keep the competition open longer? I really think my White Romulan has a chance of winning this but she's probably got another month left. She has not yet begun to resin or chunk up, but I'm already seeing the shape of a dozen two foot long donkey dicks.

V

vonforne

Some of my girls.......and my crappy camera skills. Gotta get a new camera and practice.

Here is 1\2 of the flower room with a shot of one I call Pineapple girl

picture.php

and then her fat sister on the other side

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

V

vonforne

and here is VGs Fat Bubbas. 7 are very consistent and show similar growth patterns and size. They have slight differences that my camera skills do not show. lol but all in all they are doing good. They need a transplant which they will receive today or tomorrow. I will start bending the one that show sex early or may take cuts and push them back I just don´t know yet.

Here is the first group that look and grow about the same

picture.php

and here are the three oddballs as I call them. One really big, another the same size but different growth patterns and the runt. The ´runt´ is just the opposite of the really ´big one´ Looks just the same just grows slooooooooow. lol

picture.php

and a group shot of them all

picture.php

V

vonforne

some top shots. They have some nice color huh? Over all I am happy with the traits I have seen so far.

Good job on these VG! Can´t wait for room in the flower room. The first of October is what I am shooting for so I do have some time to train them........lol like 5 weeks or so. Should be huge by then. Their final home will be 10 gallon no till smart pots.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

V

picture.php

C

Carlos Danger

Jesus, Bubba hates branching haha. I cut a bud off my Cheri F2 from VG and dug a mature seed out (woot!). I put it in the ground, should be a polyhybrid nightmare: Cherijuana F2 (Herijuana x Cherry Bomb) x LouDog's CJxSB IXI (which is either ((CJxSB) x CJ) or ((CJxSB) x SB)).

V

vonforne

Jesus, Bubba hates branching haha. I cut a bud off my Cheri F2 from VG and dug a mature seed out (woot!). I put it in the ground, should be a polyhybrid nightmare: Cherijuana F2 (Herijuana x Cherry Bomb) x LouDog's CJxSB IXI (which is either ((CJxSB) x CJ) or ((CJxSB) x SB)).

lmao! Have fun with that one.:laughing: