What's new

The I Can't Sleep Thread

sorcival

Insomniacs arise...let it be known that those of you without tokin smoke...SHALL be
awake most of the night.
While I was born an insomniac, getting an almost whopping 2 to 3 hrs of sleep a night,
I DO tend to sleep a bit better when I toke before bedtime, during bedtime, after bedtime,
oh hell any ol time will do...wtf.

Smokerman

Veteran
I've been averaging about 3-4 hrs. sleep for about the last 7 weeks.It's 3:15, and I've been up since 2. Go to work at 7.My eyes look like racoon eyes. I refuse to take anything but weed, but no matter how much I smoke, it really doesn't help.

WoodsyOwl

I've smoked a few bowls but I'm still not feeling tired. When I finally do fall asleep some asshole wakes me up on my cellphone...

Yummybud

Veteran
i'm staying up all night then taking a 2 hour nap then staying up for another 24 hours...

I have a stupid term paper to finish and its killing me. I type a couple sentences then my mind goes off in other directions.

bb2

320 here if i knew anyone to get from in this shit ass town/state i might be able to sleep before 6 :\ back to va in jan me hopes :)

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
For those who have trouble sleeping I recommend taking 1 gram of L-tryptophan 1 hour before bed.

For some time, tryptophan has been available in health food stores as a dietary supplement. Many people found tryptophan to be a safe and reasonably effective sleep aid, probably due to its ability to increase brain levels of serotonin (a calming neurotransmitter when present in moderate levels)[18] and/or melatonin (a sleep-inducing hormone secreted by the pineal gland in response to darkness or low light levels).[19][20] Some users of MDMA (street name "ecstasy") will eat tryptophan-containing foods to shorten the 'come down' effect of having lower levels of serotonin than usual (due to an extra large release caused by the drug).

Clinical research has shown mixed results with respect to tryptophan's effectiveness as a sleep aid, especially in normal patients.[21][22][23] Furthermore tryptophan has shown some effectiveness for treatment of a variety of other conditions typically associated with low serotonin levels in the brain[24] such as premenstrual dysphoric disorder[25] and seasonal affective disorder.[26][27] In particular, tryptophan has shown considerable promise as an antidepressant alone[28] and as an "augmenter" of antidepressant drugs.[28][29] However, the reliability of these clinical trials has been questioned.[30][31]

Smoking cannabis releases melatonin in our brains so effectively we are drained of it. Supplementing it at the right time before bed is a must for a mentally healthy cannabis user :)

Frozenguy

Veteran
I NEED SLEEP..

I should of started my paper earlier. LIke last week, or like at six this evening instead of NOW...I don't know why I do this. I'll be passing out during class tomorrow.. :(

Yummybud

Veteran
hahah I do the same. its almost 3 am and i'm still typing my essay. 4 pages done and 10 to go. its due on friday....

this is my last essay for this semester and this is my last semester before I graduate so I can't wait till this essay is done.

Frozenguy

Veteran
hahah I do the same. its almost 3 am and i'm still typing my essay. 4 pages done and 10 to go. its due on friday....

this is my last essay for this semester and this is my last semester before I graduate so I can't wait till this essay is done.

:xmasnut: :respect: :smokeit:

Congrats man! I can't wait until I graduate. Like three or four years :/

Justa6655321

Veteran
Been up for almost 30 hours straight getting a little cccrazy..

And no I'm not a meth head just can't fucking sleep

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm probably going to be all up in this mofo. I've got insomnia problems from all the anti-rejection medication i've had to take for four years.

I'm wiping the sand out of my vag as I type.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran

:yes::yes: Congrats! It's a great feeling.

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love my sativas, more than sleep obviously.

Latest posts

Latest posts