What's new

THE HYPERBOREA PROJECT

A

arcticsun

Its a descent starter kit ;) Im halfway panicked regarding this summer tho, the ground frost goes deep this year due to lack of snow and peeps keep saying its going to be a late spring.

But at the same time, its been a trend that we are getting more of the Siberian eastern winds and less of the Icelandic wet western winds. Which could, if it keeps up through summer, mean we will get a warm and dry summer. That is, if this trend of easter Siberian winds keeps up through summer.

Man this project is completely ridiculous, its been a few years in the making now, it all comes down to the weather gods. Ive bet my ass on longer and warmer summers up here, but it doesnt mean that it will come this year.
Pins and needles guys, im on pins and needles. This winter is killing me I cant wait for it to end, and im tearing my hair out trying to work out the logistics of getting all the strains and spots covered. Shitloads of strains, shitloads of spots, and everything is completely uncharted terrain.. simply never been done before.
Spring here could come months apart from year to year, all ive got to cling to is old viking weather superstition and a goddamned northern stubborn ness. It bloody well has to be done! My peeps needs and deserves a descent outdoor harvest.

Its been a long and winding road so far, weve encountered more prejudice and naysayers then I thought, ranging from auto haters to those who just dont think it can be done that far north.

But damnit this here is the wrong crew to say noway to ;)

A

arcticsun

hopefully with a bit of local knowledge, and green fingers, it can be done. Cant wait for the legalization, ill have myself a greenhouse.

Ohh.. dreams :blowbubbles:

A

arcticsun

There is too much good music in the world, too little time; Lyrics Born & Dan The Automator - Always Fine Tuning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F_9NpeNkKs

Unknown guerilla mix girlie.. I think its maybe AK47/FINX aka SISU

Notice how the leaf tips are clawing slightly downwards. Thats due to beiing a tad sloppy during the last watering so the PH was a tad too high. Too high PH= downward pointing leaftips and clawed leaves, too low PH= leaves stretching too much upward and they may start to roll up and close like a meateating plant.

82563.JPG

77580.JPG

IF your fanleaves dont shine like this, then you are doing something wrong, and there is a huge improvement in yield and quality to be made! Treat em right peeps ;)

35290.JPG

Peace all! Stay green..

A

arcticsun

Notice how the leaf tips are clawing slightly downwards. Thats due to beiing a tad sloppy during the last watering so the PH was a tad too high. Too high PH= downward pointing leaftips and clawed leaves, too low PH= leaves stretching too much upward and they may start to roll up and close like a meateating plant.

By the way guys, what do we do if we have a sour or a base pot? Or what do we do if we have built up nutes in the medium? Many people will say go ahead and flush that shit, thats the recipy for everything according to some. Pour water on it, and wash it away. This is in my eyes one of the biggest dogmas in canna growing today. In case of an overferted and sour pot due to salt buildups. The last thing you want to do is to go and add loads of water to that. What happens is that all the built up nutes are released all at once, the medium provides a buffer between the roots and the nutes. And water is needed to release and utilize these nutes.

So what one wants to do is quite the opposite, im not suggesting drying them out entirely, but to be careful about overwatering a sour pot. Rather my treatment is to increase the PH in the feeding water just slightly, no higher then 6,5 and give enzyme. This will help to decompose the unnecessary nutes into mobilizable ones. The plant will enjoy fresh water and it will utilize the nutes it needs. This remedy will fix a sour or overnuted pot in a matter of a few feedings.

Flushing aka, running large amounts of water through the pot to deplete nutes out of the medium is a method I never use. The only "flushing" I do is slowly depleting the soil for nutes in the final stages just before harvesting by giving water only and no nutes.

Humz, hope that helps a little for some at least.

N

nukkumatti

You been doing some amazing job man!! When I got my moving out of the way I need to get trough these pages a bit better;)

Grow on bro!

G

Guest129216

Hey hey there mr.Arcticsun aka PG. yea i put two and two together he he.

I visit the HyperBorea project quite often, but I'm not too good at leaving comments. Dunno why, but posting takes time, and i prefer using the time to read. Kinda stupid and selfish, but thats how it is....

Seemed like u had a great fishingtrip with your friend. good photos. I'm going icefishing tommorow actually.

We have some things in common i guess. I spent a high school year in the US aswell. That was in Vermont though, but i visited Chicago and spent some time in Lansing. Also went to Texas, NY City, southern cali, etc.

I spent a year in the army at Trondenes. Had 70 outdoor nights. Ive never been freezin so much in my intire life. One time in Indre Troms we had minus 35 degrees and wind blowin like crazy. They sad it was minus 80 effective cold degrees. brrrrrrrrrrrr.

I've been back too North Norway two times on some skishows after that(Tromsø). Had a friend living in Alfheimsvegen... I really like it up there, but the dark times where pretty hefty, on the other hand, the Summer was awesome, really awesome. The people from North Norway remind me more about Latinos than Norwegians actually. They speak their mind straight. Not like where im from(West Coast). Here confrontation is taboo...

Seems like your going through a dark-depression kinda thing. Maybe u shoul get one of theese "Suns against dark time depression kinda thing" I use it every morning in Nov.Dec.Jan. Maybe its just my mind playin tricks on me, but i feel that i get energy from it. I also did my first grow with this. Two plants gave me 30-40 grams of weed.

Bomsebilete017-3.jpg

Looks like u have a great seedcollection there. I'm gonna try to make seeds myself this season, but it will have to be outdoors, as my current situation doesnt allow me to grow inside. Wouldn't it be better for the strains to produce seeds outside aswell? This would give them chance to adapt to your local climate. I think. Whats your take on that?

What ur saying about no snow and frost in the ground is def. true. My grandfather was talkin about how much insulation the snow gives to the ground. He is was an old farmer and full of widom, Died last fall at age 90. R.I.P.

U should take skiis and a sled(pulk) to get all that soil u need to the spots before the snow disapears. Saves you ALOT of carrying. But then again, carrying is good for your body....

Im constantly thinkin about this seasons hazzles and opportunitues myself. I have three pretty good spots, and as I love climbing, i've also started to put pots in trees.

Bomsebilete005-8.jpg

Bomsebilete002-9.jpg

Bomsebilete012-3.jpg

Hope this wasnt too much about me.... I certainly enjoy the HyperBorea Project. I find it both educational and entertaining. Keep up the good work.

Soon i will have 50 posts. It's taken its time,but i think every post i made have "served a purpose". Hope i can join the Autoflower group and NC soon.

Catchya later m8.

A

arcticsun

You been doing some amazing job man!! When I got my moving out of the way I need to get trough these pages a bit better;)

Grow on bro!

Thanks nukkimatti!! :wave: Thanks for dropping by. Them cats they dont know, we just getting started bro. This here is the futurama show :blowbubbles:

Hey hey there mr.Arcticsun aka PG. yea i put two and two together he he.

Hehhehe... My bro, the guerilla general, the shadow master, not even the locals know this ident. Hence why you see none in my thread. There is 2 mby that can call me, I'm PG allrite bro, PG18 that is! :D :D

I visit the HyperBorea project quite often, but I'm not too good at leaving comments. Dunno why, but posting takes time, and i prefer using the time to read. Kinda stupid and selfish, but thats how it is....

hehehe, I know bro, great to know you are watching tho :yes:

Seemed like u had a great fishingtrip with your friend. good photos. I'm going icefishing tommorow actually.

Shit fishing bro :yes: (thats what we say in Norway, do you say that in English aswell???)

We have some things in common i guess. I spent a high school year in the US aswell. That was in Vermont though, but i visited Chicago and spent some time in Lansing. Also went to Texas, NY City, southern cali, etc.

I spent a year in the army at Trondenes. Had 70 outdoor nights. Ive never been freezin so much in my intire life. One time in Indre Troms we had minus 35 degrees and wind blowin like crazy. They sad it was minus 80 effective cold degrees. brrrrrrrrrrrr.

HAHAHA if you have suffered through that, then how can I but consider you a soulmate hahaha. 98' joint winter international arctic rehersal, I was there, I shit in a "bæsj and carry" (shit and carry) in 40 minus for 3 weeks straight! To those that dont know what a shit and carry is, its a foldable steel frame, much like a camping chair only with no back and with a hole in the seat that you do your bizniz through. Put a plastic bag over the hole, and presto, guerilla potty!!
You get to carry around frozen poo and literally a porta-potty frame.
Not only did we shit in a shitn carry, but we ate only army rations, which were basically freeze dried fish stew. Type of thing you pour hot water on and wait for a while. The officers would always hog all the good meat dishes, we were left with the fish pudding dishes. Trust me that fucks with your stomach after a while. Ill not go further into detail, but imagine come second or third week. Second week we actually WALKED to Bjerkvik for a burger there.. omg must have been 10K each way at least. I remember it as one of the happyest moments of my life, one of them 250G burgers and then I must have spent an hour in the bathroom after haha.

So Bom, if you finished your year up here, then you a MAN bro! RRRespect!! :pirate: Id like to see some guys from a sunny warm country suffer through it. I shared a tent for some days with a French officer during that rehersal, we were a crew with only north Norwegians, a couple of guys from Finnmark and some outdoorsy guys like me from the coast. We didnt even run the heater in the tent at night, the guy was used to having a bunch of privates keeping him warm and comfy. Lol we scared the living shits out of him hahhaa, he really got respect after that. Last nights he didnt sleep at all, he just worked the heater lmao, was good for us since none of us could be bothered. I remember 2 or 3 days and he was a complete wreck, he didnt even function at all. I wonder if they put him with us as some kind of punishment or if he just wanted to stay with us to learn some shit. He got both in any case.

So thats how it is, up here, north Norwegian privates trump a French Major any day, HE ran the heater at night while WE slept lololol.

I've been back too North Norway two times on some skishows after that(Tromsø). Had a friend living in Alfheimsvegen... I really like it up there, but the dark times where pretty hefty, on the other hand, the Summer was awesome, really awesome. The people from North Norway remind me more about Latinos than Norwegians actually. They speak their mind straight. Not like where im from(West Coast). Here confrontation is taboo...

hehe we are all stark raving lunatics up here, nutters!!

Seems like your going through a dark-depression kinda thing. Maybe u shoul get one of theese "Suns against dark time depression kinda thing" I use it every morning in Nov.Dec.Jan. Maybe its just my mind playin tricks on me, but i feel that i get energy from it. I also did my first grow with this. Two plants gave me 30-40 grams of weed.

sweet, ive got a similar setup. But im born into a dark season mate, I didnt see the sun during my first 4 months, maybe 6 months into my life ;) The year has but 2 days to me :D The dark season is for contemplation and planning, its peace and silence. Then its all action through the summer, no time for sleep. Its normal up here to sleep 12 hours in the winter, and maybe only 4-6 in the summer. I guess maybe thats why people perceive us as "different" up here, were kind of ON or OFF type of ppl. Do or dont, and there is no dillydally in between.

Bomsebilete017-3.jpg

Looks like u have a great seedcollection there. I'm gonna try to make seeds myself this season, but it will have to be outdoors, as my current situation doesnt allow me to grow inside. Wouldn't it be better for the strains to produce seeds outside aswell? This would give them chance to adapt to your local climate. I think. Whats your take on that?

Definitely agree, Ive got my share of people tell me this, we can learn much from the Danes on this topic. I dont think there is better expertize on acclimatization and such then you find with the Danish crew. None mentioned, none forgotten, there are so many good Danish growers these days. Every outdoor season watchin them is a space journey to me. SO much to learn!!

What ur saying about no snow and frost in the ground is def. true. My grandfather was talkin about how much insulation the snow gives to the ground. He is was an old farmer and full of widom, Died last fall at age 90. R.I.P.

Lost my 90 yr old gramps last year aswell, I know them old stubborn northern souls are reincarnated as something daamn stubborn. Must be either as diamonds or as superglue hahahha. Im worried about the ground frost (tele), but then again, if you get a late spring down south. That usually keeps the low pressure systems to the south of us, and it could mean a warm summer for us up north. You know how it goes in this land of ours, either we get the good weather up north, or they get it down south. Westside where you are at, lol who knows you guys are forever in limbo usually.

U should take skiis and a sled(pulk) to get all that soil u need to the spots before the snow disapears. Saves you ALOT of carrying. But then again, carrying is good for your body....

Im constantly thinkin about this seasons hazzles and opportunitues myself. I have three pretty good spots, and as I love climbing, i've also started to put pots in trees.

Bomsebilete005-8.jpg

Bomsebilete002-9.jpg

Bomsebilete012-3.jpg
:laughing::laughing:

OMG man, THAT is so cooool!!! what a great idea lol. Ive got to try that myself this summer. You are just full of crazy stunts arent you? :D from riversurfing to planting trees in trees, awesome. :yes: I love it! Ill definately go skiing soon to check out spots, its a bit early since I dont know exactly where ill plant. Ive got to do a late spring skiing trip and look for spots that has melted early. I know in which areas its best, but exactly the spot is yet determined.

Hope this wasnt too much about me.... I certainly enjoy the HyperBorea Project. I find it both educational and entertaining. Keep up the good work.

Soon i will have 50 posts. It's taken its time,but i think every post i made have "served a purpose". Hope i can join the Autoflower group and NC soon.

Catchya later m8.

Was not at all too much about you, I love seeing your pics and hearing about your ideas, very inspirational mate. Thanks a bunch for sharing, you are very welcome in the groups any time btw. Thanks for the props aswell..

Massive respect bro, keep shining! :pirate:

G

Guest129216

High again arctic and everybody.

98' joint winter international arctic rehersal, I was there, I shit in a "bæsj and carry" (shit and carry) in 40 minus for 3 weeks straight!

Ha ha. Thats hilarious. I was at the same rehersal. Our ways must have crossed before arctic. "shit'n carries" were awful. This may sound extreme, but I actually didnt't shit for a week at that rehearsel. When i finally did it felt that my ass was gonna rip open. The shitcabel(kabelen) was so hard and thick that I actually thought I would never get it out.

I remember the Bjerkvik burgers as a taste of heaven aswell. I think the 250 gram one was called "Bjerkviking" and it had bacon and all sorts of good stuff on it. Mmmmmmmmmmmm I can still taste it in mouth if i concentrate real hard.

Is that place still open?

Also our bandwagon broke down at that rehersal. Just me and another guy in it, and it was in the middle of the night. We had no commucation, and it was minus 40 outside. At first we tried to light up the primus, but the fuel ran out pretty quickly. We got really cold.
We discussed what to do and were left with two options.

Option 1: Cramble together in one sleeping bag and generate heat from eachother.

Option 2: Get out and start walking in the snow to keep warm and hopefully meet
Somebody.

Obviously option 2 was chosen. After a few hours of walking we met a crew in a tank and were "saved".

I can't believe we were up there at the same time. That's fucking amazing.

Ive been up to fun stuff the last couple of days.

I built this jump in my driveway out of the snow i got from keeping it neet around the house.

Bomsebilete014-2.jpg

Me and my bro have been talking about doing a backflip on a snowracer all winter, and finally the jump was big enough to make it happen. We did rocks, scissors, paper about who was gonna try first. Luckily it was him. (phew). He tried two times. the first time he got halfway, and the second time he landed on his feet, but threw the snowmobile away mid air. A good attempt, but we decided that the jump was too small afterall.

Luckily it dumped the the night before last night and halfway through yesterday, so i made it bigger. Not luckily its my time to try. :wallbash:

I have faith though, the jump is bigger and steeper now. i will try to get someone to take å picture of it so u can see. I filmed my brother, could put it here, or on youtube maybe, but i have never posted films before. Can u upload movies to icmag?

Bomsebilete019.jpg

Went snowmobiling in all the powdersnow yesterday aswell, but it was so much that we spent way more time digging our snowmobiles loose everytime we got stuck. Really good excercise.:yes:

Bomsebilete017-4.jpg

Bomsebilete016-1.jpg

I have also purchased some new buckets and put some up in trees. Looks like u were a little bit interested in that.

:yeahthats

Here is a thread about it if u haven't seen it. It might evolve into something good:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=152750

I have two rectangular 90 litre buckets.One of them is gonna be dedicated to Autos. How many Autos do u think i could put in it? I've never grown Autos before.....

Bomsebilete001-11.jpg

some more pics: I'm really excited about this and will do all i can to complete the grow.

Bomsebilete006-8.jpg

Bomsebilete005-9.jpg

Bomsebilete010-4.jpg

I love that tree. I'm over the average interested in trees, and think one should treat especially older trees with respect. This tree is about 90 years old. You should prune as little as possible of the tree in the wintertime. you can remove deadwood, but healthy branchers should be cut in late spring og summer.Then the tree will heal the wound faster.

Bomsebilete013-4.jpg

I saw you had an orgyproject goin arctic. he he. Looks great, and i really appreciate the your pioneer work. Not many so dedicated as you are. Im sure it will bear fruits, and in some years growing outside will be as normal and "accepted" here as in for instance Canada or US.

Catchya later m8.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Too much fun over there.
I cAn tell u that my Mohave desert dwelling ass would not last to long doing the shit n carry in minus anything. Lol.
Mad respect and keep it Rollin AS

N

NellaK

Suuuup main .......
Lmao
Did u guys reach heaven ??? If so take a tree with next time ...

Artic im happy to inform the eggs is all around the globe from cold north to the mofo west coast thank u amigo

A

arcticsun

HEY BOM!!!! :wave: hahaha we are all children in the snow. I got my skis back today, had them prepped. Think ill head for the mountains tomorrow, the weather is super. Its not alot of snow, but a descent amount. Got some nice powder.

I think you can fit about 10 - 15 autos in that big 90liter container, should give like 5-10 liters of soil for each of them..

Thanks a bunch for the pictures bro, that is so awesome, keep them coming. Sorry for the late reply, got caught up discussing whaling and watching the olympics, ....damn curling clowns failed us :D

Did you make that backflip?? Best upload to youtube I think, id love to see pics of somebody else then myself hurting themselves for once, should put me straight before I head for the mountains, I havent been yet this year. We have had no snow until now.

Dude ill upload some snowmobiling pictures from days past, snowmobiling is awesome fun, looks like you could use a tad more power in all that powder tho hehehe.

Oh ill invite you to the groups ofc..

That tree project is awesome, wish we had bigger trees here hahahaha. We will see this summer, ill head for the bigger forests and see. Too windy by the coast so the trees are hardly trees at all hehe, more like bushes.

Peace mate, thanks for the pics, love it :wave:

A

arcticsun

Suuuup main .......
Lmao
Did u guys reach heaven ??? If so take a tree with next time ...

Artic im happy to inform the eggs is all around the globe from cold
north to the mofo west coast thank u amigo

Sweeet bro, hey tell everyone to keep a sharp eye for hermies and querks, they are untested so watch out.

Too much fun over there.
I cAn tell u that my Mohave desert dwelling ass would not last to long doing the shit n carry in minus anything. Lol.
Mad respect and keep it Rollin AS

haha SS, you desert rat would be right at home. :respect:

L

Lapplandish

damn man! I've missed your thread totally.. but now I've noticed this and want to wish you all the best! Your grow looks absolutelly brilliant, so keep up a good work bro! :D

N

NellaK

I will m8 Btw lav huller i bunden af baljerne før du sætter dem op i træet ;)

G

Guest129216

HEY BOM!!!! hahaha we are all children in the snow.

Couldn't have put it better myself man. Hope you get some nice powder up there too. It's a lot less than usual here, but its ok. I definatly need some more power in the snowmobile. he he. But it's not mine. Just borrowing. It was great fun anyway.

My bro left, so I haven't even attempted the backflip yet. He is coming back later today though. The pressure is on.... Gruer meg skikkelig. he he. I get hurt alot too, but I've been "hurtfree"(skadefri, he he). The last couple of years. Maybe I'm getting old....

Skiing and Snowboarding in the North is great. I have lots of good memories from Narvik and Riksgrensen. Scoring Hash is a different story though. We once stayed 5 days in Narvik without getting hold of any Hash.... We would just ask random people who looked like they could have any. One of the guys we asked was this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzixX5sQixE

and some of his friends. Turned out that they were "chasing the dragon" aswell. so we joined forces. Didn't get any though. It was a nice trip anyhow though. Good riding. good partying.

10-15 Autos in one sounds great. Think I'll try auto-seedgrowing in the trees.

Went up to the forest again yesterday. Now i am done with one and a half tree, and one and a half to go.

Here is the tree which is done. 4 pots. One 90 litre, two 65 litres and one 35 litre pot. You can see all four of them if You look closely. All facing southwest. Midsummer they will have sun from 6 in the morning till 10 o clock in the night. I can't wait.

Bomsebilete024.jpg

Bomsebilete028-1.jpg

I thought they weren't visible from the ground, but I discovered a weak spot. This is with max zoom on my camera, so it's not that visible, also the leaves from the løvtrær will cover it up. Still didn't like it though....

Bomsebilete031-2.jpg

Take care up there.

A

arcticsun

Couldn't have put it better myself man. Hope you get some nice powder up there too. It's a lot less than usual here, but its ok. I definatly need some more power in the snowmobile. he he. But it's not mine. Just borrowing. It was great fun anyway.

Snowmobiling is damn near the most fun one can have with clothes on :D

My bro left, so I haven't even attempted the backflip yet. He is coming back later today though. The pressure is on.... Gruer meg skikkelig. he he. I get hurt alot too, but I've been "hurtfree"(skadefri, he he). The last couple of years. Maybe I'm getting old....

Hahha, cant wait for that picture :D "Break a leg" hahaha, no kidding, dont do that :D

Skiing and Snowboarding in the North is great. I have lots of good memories from Narvik and Riksgrensen. Scoring Hash is a different story though. We once stayed 5 days in Narvik without getting hold of any Hash.... We would just ask random people who looked like they could have any. One of the guys we asked was this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzixX5sQixE

and some of his friends. Turned out that they were "chasing the dragon" aswell. so we joined forces. Didn't get any though. It was a nice trip anyhow though. Good riding. good partying.

Dude thats from Lyngen, after he did that backflip in Lyngen he became a household name up here. Real Viking .. that backflip is so sick .. its just sooo fucking siiick!! Uhm, next time you are up around these parts, no need to worry nomore the connection got you covered bro hehe. ;) Just holler into the wind :blowbubbles:

10-15 Autos in one sounds great. Think I'll try auto-seedgrowing in the trees.

Mind you thats what you would want in the end, so if you sow non feminized seeds, then you may want to doubble... you get the drift..

:yes:

Went up to the forest again yesterday. Now i am done with one and a half tree, and one and a half to go.

Here is the tree which is done. 4 pots. One 90 litre, two 65 litres and one 35 litre pot. You can see all four of them if You look closely. All facing southwest. Midsummer they will have sun from 6 in the morning till 10 o clock in the night. I can't wait.

Bomsebilete024.jpg

Bomsebilete028-1.jpg

I thought they weren't visible from the ground, but I discovered a weak spot. This is with max zoom on my camera, so it's not that visible, also the leaves from the løvtrær will cover it up. Still didn't like it though....

Bomsebilete031-2.jpg

Take care up there.

Looks awesome, like my man NellaK said, remember to put holes in the bottoms hehehehe.. Its Yggrasil!! How beautiful :D :D

Hope nobody sees it before spring bro, but if they do, what the hell are they going to think hahhaaa... like wtf.. huh whats that.. WTF???? hahaha

Its awesome bro, keep the updates coming :yes: