What's new

The how to and why fors of CO2 supplementation for growers

If it has a single hose exhaust, then it draws air out of the enclosed space over the evaporator coil and out the hose. If it has 2 hoses, it draws air in one to cool the evaporator and exhausts it out the other. How well they are internally sealed has been questioned.

Single hose: totally unsealed

double hose: Supposed to be sealed.

bunsey420

How do you guys deal with drainage? Running a dtw system, and the drains are open to the outside, relatively small but still. How have you guys built your drains? thanks for a reply

the gnome

Veteran
How do you guys deal with drainage? Running a dtw system, and the drains are open to the outside, relatively small but still. How have you guys built your drains? thanks for a reply

use a P-trap
my AC, Co2 water gen and dehueys are on a 3/4" pvc with a premade condensate Ptrap
or you can make it using a heat gun or torch and gently bending the pipe... but they are a couple bucks at the most to buy.

here's mine
picture.php

bunsey420

use a P-trap
my AC, Co2 water gen and dehueys are on a 3/4" pvc with a premade condensate Ptrap
or you can make it using a heat gun or torch and gently bending the pipe... but they are a couple bucks at the most to buy.

here's mine
View Image
thanks that is genius! thought about it for a long time ha

purpleurksme

Could someone please tell me how important a regulator is w/ solenoid valve and rain system. I just got an autopilot master controller and was trying to save money on the regulator however from what I have read i should not skimp on this.

http://www.amazon.com/Titan-Control...qid=1392372129&sr=8-10&keywords=co2+regulator

how do this one look? I have heard sentinel is a good brand and mixed reviews regarding hydrofarm regulators. Can someone help please. I am a little confused regarding these products and how regulators work.

You can buy a nice regulator on ebay for 40 bucks. They are all made in china by one of a few companies. I have used them and they look feel and function exactly like the name brand units.

B

bajangreen

Can I run Aquaponics system in a sealed room to offset the co2 needed, or better yet, by how much does fish of set the need for co2 in a sealed grow room?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
A regulator regulates (the volume of CO2 released when the solenoid opens) and a solenoid is an on/off switch. You do need both, so if possible, source them locally, so if you have a problem, returns and exchanges are easy. Dont go buying some weird off brand off Amazon that nobody else carries, you're screwed if it breaks.