What's new

The Hempy McNoodle Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hempy McNoodle

There are a few Greek landrace strains out there. I grew one of these outdoors in 2020 and it was a really stellar plant. Very unique and just excellent! The last time I checked, they were sold out on their website.

An icmag member by the name Delicorganic made an excellent thread on the Kalamata Red strain and their seeds are available through The Real Seed Co or their alternate site, Kwik Seeds. Delicorganic seems to be very knowledgeable about plants from that region.

I suspect that the 'Kalamata Red' type (or something very similar) is also found in the Athena line.

Hempy McNoodle

Hello Everybody!,

It is time for an update once again.

Starting with the Athena Greek landrace. I set their light cycle to 12/12 on August 12th, after 1 month of vegging. They are starting to prepare to reveal their genders (not quite there yet) but at least 2-3 look like females. They are begining to seem stressed from the constraints of growing in cups. I'm waiting until after pollination to transplant the females. I think they'll survive until then. I do need to water them each day. I dunk them into a bowl of non-chlorinated water and also top water them. I need to give them some worm castings tea and bone meal and then they'll be a bit less stressed. The tallest one is a female I think.

This light is pretty cool. It's only 30 watts and has a switch that selects between different spectrums for clones, veg, and flower. It's a very powerful light for 30 watts and can grow some plants fo sho!

IMG_20220815_181840771.jpg

IMG_20220815_183243183.jpg
IMG_20220815_183257266.jpg

Hempy McNoodle

Over in the closet, things are going very well. I gave the girls some much needed phosphorus by top dressing with bone meal. This seemed to really wake up their flowering process and vigor. I'm still blown away by the rapid growth of the Critical Purple Kush. The Critical Widow is incredibly lush and green. Just beautiful!

The Purple Cake is interesting. The main stem stopped growing and the side branches tower over the center main stem. And now one of the tall bottom branches is forking. I think it may have a genetic problem with determining a lead stem. So, I may keep her. I may do a major canopy reduction. Or, I may toss her. I gave her milk crate to the Critical Widow. And so now the Purple Cake is way down low. Not much room in the closet because of the Critical Purple Kush.

IMG_20220815_184020422_HDR.jpg

shiva82

looking good , considering you are not using any fans , that tiny dehumdifier is working a treat. What music is in that stack of records ? hempy mcnoodle would be a good band name. Also . Where is the Kandahar from? get the jar open and a bud pictured, looks a treat.

Hempy McNoodle

looking good , considering you are not using any fans , that tiny dehumdifier is working a treat. What music is in that stack of records ? hempy mcnoodle would be a good band name. Also . Where is the Kandahar from? get the jar open and a bud pictured, looks a treat.
Thanks shiva82! :tiphat:

Oh, I have lots of goodies in that stack of records. I've got some Queen, Nirvana, Misfits, Mark Lanegan, Clash, Eurythmics, Sex Pistols, BB King, Kurtis Blow, Segovia, Luis Bonfa, Radiohead, Black Sabbath, The Kinks, The Residents, Shocking Blue, Violent Femmes, and quite a bit of lots of other stuff including some international / cultural music.

Hempy McNoodle as a band name... :chin:
Maybe Hempy should start looking for some bandmates. Do you know any bass players or drummers?

The Kandahar is from Underground Seed Company in France and they say it is from Kandahar Province in Afganistan (circa 1980s). It's pretty much my favorite! It's all gone until I grow it again.

View attachment DSC01977.JPG

Last edited:

RobFromTX

Thanks shiva82! :tiphat:

Oh, I have lots of goodies in that stack of records. I've got some Queen, Nirvana, Misfits, Mark Lanegan, Clash, Eurythmics, Sex Pistols, BB King, Kurtis Blow, Segovia, Luis Bonfa, Radiohead, Black Sabbath, The Kinks, The Residents, Shocking Blue, Violent Femmes, and quite a bit of lots of other stuff including some international / cultural music.

Hempy McNoodle as a band name... :chin:
Maybe Hempy should start looking for some bandmates. Do you know any bass players or drummers?

The Kandahar is from Underground Seed Company in France and they say it is from Kandahar Province in Afganistan (circa 1980s). It's pretty much my favorite! It's all gone until I grow it again.

View attachment 18748532
Would that be the underground seed collective? Is there a seedbank they do business with? Im always looking for new landrace sources. Im not a big indica fan but i grow them once a year because thats what my wife likes. I'd love to find a pure landrace indica though. Ive heard the highs far better than todays "cookie" hybrids.

Hempy McNoodle

Would that be the underground seed collective? Is there a seedbank they do business with? Im always looking for new landrace sources. Im not a big indica fan but i grow them once a year because thats what my wife likes. I'd love to find a pure landrace indica though. Ive heard the highs far better than todays "cookie" hybrids.
I think that is the same company. As far as I know, they only have one outlet that ships to the US. I'll send you the info in a private message.

Hempy McNoodle

what is your smoke report on the kandahar?
Well, the first time I smoked it was when I grew the pack out for an open pollination. One plant got bud rot @6-7weeks into flower. I cut down the plant and was able to salvage enough good bud for a sample. Of course, this bud was too early and the effects were very interesting. I smoked it and it felt like it turned off my soul and inner being. Not good. I felt as emotional and spiritual as an insect or robot. I felt nothing in a very deep and unpleasant way. I hoped that the mature plants would not be this way because I had zero interest in feeling this way.

Another plant had the same issue a week or so later and it was getting into harvest time. I smoked some and this time it was probably the best indica high of my life and was actually somewhat 'trippy' I'd say. It was a 'luxurious experience's and felt like I was being pampered internally by millions of oxygen bubbles. The high had a very strong mental association with color and I 'felt' like I was in a world of royal colors like block, purple, navy, hot and soft pinks a world of color. After that I grew more of a tolerance and now it is just a very well rounded and saturating indica high. And you as the grower have a lot of control over how narcotic it is. But also, it becomes less narcotic the more your tolerance to it grows. The potency and psych activity of it has plenty of power to compete with anything out there. I love it. Smoke was smooth, soft, and heavy. Tastes and scents are highly variable but definitely had the following phenos; blueberry, pinesol, cedar, ravioli (cheese), purple grape, concord grape and pine. There were some coffee and incense notes in there as well. Highly recommended. Though I know it is very hard to find.

If I could have only one seeds stash, this would be it!

Status
Not open for further replies.