What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never heard of any one dimming a HPS or MH or these grow lights even having a dimming option on the lights.

Most HPS do have a dimming feature. My 1000w light has 600w/750w/1000w/1150w.

I'm thinking it might have more to do with temps anyway. But I'm basing that on nothing more than a gut feeling, lol.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Most HPS do have a dimming feature. My 1000w light has 600w/750w/1000w/1150w.

I'm thinking it might have more to do with temps anyway. But I'm basing that on nothing more than a gut feeling, lol.

I honestly have never seen a HPS or MH with a dimmer but i cant see any reason why you couldn't add it if you wanted to.

That is from the electronic ballast were you can set the ballast to different watts ?.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
I honestly have never seen a HPS or MH with a dimmer but i cant see any reason why you couldn't add it if you wanted to.

That is from the electronic ballast were you can set the ballast to different watts ?.

Screenshot_2019-06-06_iPower_400_Watt_Digital_Dimmable_Electronic_Ballast_for_HPS_MH_Grow_Ligh...png

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran

What planet are you on?
;) … in fun

Sub24ox7

When Electronic ballasts came out I saw dimming features in hid lights. The old analog magnetic ballasts didn’t have them afaik.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://horticulturelightinggroup.co.. .hange-spectrum

Now to HPS and MH.

It dose not change the light spectrum but more shrinks it.

filedata/fetch?id=18023922&d=1640463333

I have never heard of any one dimming a HPS or MH or these grow lights even having a dimming option on the lights.

All HID ballasts today have dimming knobs. Some day you might just admit when wrong dude. Posting HID spectrums don't change when dimmed is just flat out incorrect. I guess I' m still making this shit up. If you prefer to use Shrinking instead you do you.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
back in the time of magnetic ballasts vs digital ,
the latter have been around quite a while now though ,

i think i have a couple of old heavy and hot old clunker ones which are pretty much worth nothing thesedays ,
its a no brainer using those vs the digital for efficiency , heat reduction ,, and of course the benefit of being able to dim them if needed ...

i see a lot of folks have moved onto led lighting though ,
as we did in our veg tent , boy those things veg well and the heat is minimal compared to the old lights we used to use ,
id guess the power use is a lot better , more efficient too ...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im trying to get LED to produce the same happy plants as CMH. It's been a rough go of it. There is a visible leaf color difference on LED plants. I give them a bit more Cal/mag as everyone says but I see leaf tip burn a lot more than normal.. Im not using that much extra. The Quality seems to be the same but it just bugs me to see any differences.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
All HID ballasts today have dimming knobs. Some day you might just admit when wrong dude. Posting HID spectrums don't change when dimmed is just flat out incorrect. I guess I' m still making this shit up. If you prefer to use Shrinking instead you do you.

No not all Hammer you can still buy Ballasts with out a dimmer and i have an Electronic ballast that has no Dimmer but allows you to run different size bulbs.

Dimming the light shrinks the spectrum changing the spectrum is different. You cant turn down a HPS and get the spectrum of a MH can you.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No not all Hammer you can still buy Ballasts with out a dimmer and i have an Electronic ballast that has no Dimmer but allows you to run different size bulbs.

Dimming the light shrinks the spectrum changing the spectrum is different. You cant turn down a HPS and get the spectrum of a MH can you.

There's no point trying not to look bad. You did it to yourself.

Anyway enough of that BS..
DSCN2101.JPG

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Im trying to get LED to produce the same happy plants as CMH. It's been a rough go of it. There is a visible leaf color difference on LED plants. I give them a bit more Cal/mag as everyone says but I see leaf tip burn a lot more than normal.. Im not using that much extra. The Quality seems to be the same but it just bugs me to see any differences.

It’s the absence of heat using LED compared to HID/HPS/CMH that can cause stagnations
You can’t single out just 1 factor without considering how it interacts with other key environment factors. Higher light output in a lower temp environment can cause imbalances. It’s more about integrating all aspects to enhance the overall environment.
Keeping the focus on just 1 element without regarding its consequences on other key environmental elements could decrease the potential even though boosting light output or spectrum theoretically should increase quality and/or yield when every other variables is in full symbiosis with it.
Keeping all things balanced in relation to each other creates balance. Sometimes less is more. Doesn’t mean wha works for you in yr location and environment would work similar for others. To aim reaching a certain rooms best achievable potential is to achieve the best balance of all variables in play. It’s something complex that always has a different unique result after every run.

Alpenglow

Come on, Hempy talked about LED and you started with all kinds of lights... point on him now for not knowing about dimming functions on ballast doesnt make you look like a winner

LostTribe

Premium user

all the newer digital ballasts dim and run both hps/mh. I had too much heat so the hps 1k was dimmed to 600. Nice trichome coverage they are both sticky.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
There's no point trying not to look bad. You did it to yourself.

Anyway enough of that BS..

Why would i look Bad Hammer i had my hair cut and i have my new Ford Performance T shit on.

You dont agree on Defoliation fine and you dont agree on a thing i post regarding sativas in or out doors fine also.

But Your the guy that firstly had issues growing the Haze and then culled your haze not me.

So before you try and judge me or any others in here take a look at your self Mr not perfect.

If you want to escalate this conversation be my guest but take it to pm.

Leave your drama else were no one wants it or needs it here.

JohnnyChicago

I honestly would have culled them too.
Those are repro lines and do require some selection.
But being very inbred, the best ones are easy to find, if you use enough seeds.
And of course I do recommend Seedsman OH to everybody. But you need to be flexible.At least if it is from my lines. Or you have better to use Todds who has kept the quick OH phenos I did not use.

And Mac's OH x THH is a great cross... The other day I did post the purple THH pheno.
Below Golli pheno, almost identic to pure Golli 90s OH.
Click image for larger version  Name:	gollithhb.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.2 KB ID:	18024305

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts