What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
might be just some stoner trait/memory thing royal ,
i dunno , some crazy stories in the stoner world thats for sure ..
ive got a friend who starts stories and just as you start to get interested , he forgets what he was saying,
sometimes that happens a few times in a row ,
i refuse to show any interest in his stories unless i hear at least what i figure is 2 thirds of the story and we are nearing the end. hahaha ..

i agree the bickering about haze origins and who did what is useless , threads like this do tend to encourage arguing and fierce debate ,
im doubting any more threads like this will be tolerated ,
this one would have been closed long ago but the keys have been lost to the thread closure tools since the update ,
so its been spared , for now anyhow ...

all we can hope , or moderate to be sure , is that folks are reasonable to each other ,
and they "own" what they say , with less drama , and less bullshit
i come to the forums to relax and both learn and interact with like minded people ,
the last thing i want to see , or be involved with , is bloody drama ...

btw , compliments will get you everywhere around these parts royal , hahaha ...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
might be just some stoner trait/memory thing royal ,
i dunno , some crazy stories in the stoner world thats for sure ..
ive got a friend who starts stories and just as you start to get interested , he forgets what he was saying,
sometimes that happens a few times in a row ,
i refuse to show any interest in his stories unless i hear at least what i figure is 2 thirds of the story and we are nearing the end. hahaha ..

i agree the bickering about haze origins and who did what is useless , threads like this do tend to encourage arguing and fierce debate ,
this one would have been closed long ago but the keys have been lost to the thread closure tools since the update ,

all we can hope , or moderate to be sure , is that folks are reasonable to each other ,
i come to the forums to relax and both learn and interact with like minded people ,

I couldn't have said it better, 10000% agree.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Nevils Haze by Shantibaba posted Jan 24

FJ3DAymXMAE4hsZ.jpg

Piff_cat

PiffCoastFarms put up the cannabinooid and terpene results from piffcon today. Some cool stuff in here for sure. Shout out to stone gurus work on the nigerian silk line he found a couple outliers with heavy haze qualities. A ton of camphene too

Attachments

• photo2106311.jpg
    photo2106311.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 16
  • photo2106437.jpg
    photo2106437.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 18
  • photo2106438.jpg
    photo2106438.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 18
  • photo2106440.jpg
    photo2106440.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 16
  • photo2106444.jpg
    photo2106444.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 18
  • photo2106446.jpg
    photo2106446.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 18
  • photo2106445.jpg
    photo2106445.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 13
  • photo2106447.jpg
    photo2106447.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 13
  • photo2106448.jpg
    photo2106448.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 15
  • photo2106449.jpg
    photo2106449.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 20

Piff_cat

Continued

Attachments

• photo2106442.jpg
    photo2106442.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 14
  • photo2106450.jpg
    photo2106450.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 19
  • photo2106451.jpg
    photo2106451.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 13
  • photo2106455.jpg
    photo2106455.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 17
  • photo2106454.jpg
    photo2106454.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 14
  • photo2106452.jpg
    photo2106452.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 17
  • photo2106457.jpg
    photo2106457.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 15
  • photo2106456.jpg
    photo2106456.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 14
  • photo2106458.jpg
    photo2106458.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 13
  • photo2106463.jpg
    photo2106463.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 16
  • photo2106462.jpg
    photo2106462.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 16
  • photo2106461.jpg
    photo2106461.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 13
  • photo2106460.jpg
    photo2106460.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 17
  • photo2106459.jpg
    photo2106459.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 15

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Looks sorta chunky. What do you think Hempy?

I always thought NH ought to look more like the old f2's you showed.

Hi Lost It looks good to me.

Todd's Repo Haze are a lot chunkier than that.

The F2s Nevils Haze i have i made and i selected the parents.

Haze is not uniform its a hybrid.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Let me show you what i am dealing with and the pictures dont do these justice plants justice.

One is now over 7 Ft foot the other no idea but bent her over and started to train and tie her at around 9 ft.

They were put into flower the same time 11/13.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2518 (4).JPG Views:	0 Size:	177.7 KB ID:	18055528
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2519 (5).JPG Views:	0 Size:	194.8 KB ID:	18055529

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2521 (5).JPG Views:	0 Size:	178.8 KB ID:	18055530

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2524 (3).JPG Views:	0 Size:	133.1 KB ID:	18055531

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
That's some vintage haze plants :smokeit:
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
​you grow there hempy.....:tiphat:
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Here you go hempy I think its your bother from another mother ......check out the Double Acapulco Gold plants grown by 'hempy mcnoodle'

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...lco-gold/page6

You need check out his lights Optic XL cob leds...The plant grows around and over the light even!!! :plant grow:

I have seen his thread Herb and liked the look of them AC to.

I just started to use Led in my Veg n mom clone cab and i am liking them a lot. I read a few say they had deficiency's issues using leds not see it at all my self.

The HzA leaning plant has grown behind and around the light hard to take a picture to show them as they deserve.

I plan on getting some big Led light and use them to compare for flower see for my self what works best if the Leds come close i will be happy less heat.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I find LEDs much better for big sativa's, as it seems to produce slightly more compact plants. Having said that I have my own problems with a 7 ft Manipuri, that I essentially had to almost break in half but is still wanting to get bigger. Not easy growing proper sats indoors. Yours look great Hempy.

I don't notice any deficiencies either, but I grow organic.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
......... threads like this do tend to encourage arguing and fierce debate ,

Some Mods know the magic secret to closing threads and others don't, there's no instruction booklet, but the thread is still being moderated.

............ keep going! :tiphat:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As far as I know, only the thread OP can request their thread be closed/locked.. Oh shoot the cats out of the bag lol.

herbgreen

Veteran
I have seen his thread Herb and liked the look of them AC to.

I just started to use Led in my Veg n mom clone cab and i am liking them a lot. I read a few say they had deficiency's issues using leds not see it at all my self.

The HzA leaning plant has grown behind and around the light hard to take a picture to show them as they deserve.

I plan on getting some big Led light and use them to compare for flower see for my self what works best if the Leds come close i will be happy less heat.

These OpticXL cob lights have me interested for sure....Its like running a raw bulb!

Its the kind of thing for these wild sativa plants The one he has is 120 degree glass lens 90degree is more focused And it has no moving parts zero noise and minimal heat

https://opticledgrowlights.com/produ...ght-100w-3500k

I dont know if there are more detrimental hazards with leds?? Leds can have negative effects on people apparently.. :yikes: .:microwave:

Buyer beware I guess... I did like the lens It at least gives diffusion to that crazy led intensity....I dont like leds for that reason....blinding intense

And they work....water less And no heat...Now you need a heater :D

Better off in a greenhouse.:plant grow:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Looks sorta chunky. What do you think Hempy?

I always thought NH ought to look more like the old f2's you showed.

They still fall within the Nev.Hz canons, I assure you that in the current version you find much more stocky pheno, indi dom. HEMPY beautiful plants you have, really very beautiful!

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Thanks Willy i have been playing with Nevil and shantis Haze work for over 20 years now and i know the genetics well.

GoatCheese

Veteran
These OpticXL cob lights have me interested for sure....Its like running a raw bulb!

Its the kind of thing for these wild sativa plants The one he has is 120 degree glass lens 90degree is more focused And it has no moving parts zero noise and minimal heat

https://opticledgrowlights.com/produ...ght-100w-3500k

I dont know if there are more detrimental hazards with leds?? Leds can have negative effects on people apparently.. :yikes: .:microwave:

Buyer beware I guess... I did like the lens It at least gives diffusion to that crazy led intensity....I dont like leds for that reason....blinding intense

And they work....water less And no heat...Now you need a heater :D

Better off in a greenhouse.:plant grow:

I recommend you buy the 120 degree lens type, it’s better if your plants grow taller cause it spreads the light wider. The viewing angle on the Cree cob is also around 120 degrees
I have 90 deg lenses on my blooming cobs (120 degree lens in my veg cob) and if the plants grow too tall for me the light gets abit weak on the sides. I was thinking of changing the lenses to 120 deg. ones but then decided to build strip lights for the sides instead.

The 3500K color temp is good for both veg and bloom. That’s what all my Cree cobs are. It has noticeably more blue on it than the 3000K chip, so it think that would be better for Hazes and other sativas as the light is more natural looking.
-
-
With full 100 watts of power these cobs warm up quite abit, not as much as 250 watt hps, ofcourse. But you really want to have a fan blowing on them to cool them down, esp. cause the top mounted ballast is trapping some of the heat and is also warming up itself. So by cooling your light you’re also protecting the ballast and cob chip from heating up too much, esp. cause the lens is trapping quite a bit of heat from the Cree chip.

Also you need to have enough room/tent height if you’re gonna run these lights with full 100 watts, cause the light beam is quite intense with the condensing lenses. About the same distance as to a bare bulb 250W hps.

I have my 90 deg lens cobs (DB-bin selection) on about 30 watts each maximum - i run out of height in my 160cm tall tent - and i need to have atleast 50-60cm clearance directly under the cob or i will start seeing yellowing on the leaves if the soil dryes out even abit too much. But i’m a soil grower and coco/hydro guys can keep their plants little closer to the lights cause there is more water in the plant tissue compared to soil grown plants.

Cobs/leds will dehydrate leaves quite easily if you’re running your light too hot or it’s too close to canopy. But coco/hydro plants fair noticeably better under leds/cobs cause they have alot more water in their tissue.

-

You can get temps little higher in the tent/room if you have a timer on your exhaust fan and run it only once in awhile, not always ON. This will help to keep humidity higher too. The exhaust in my small-ish tent - which also has a speed controller on it and running very low – is 15min ON and 45 OFF during lights on, but i have a fan in the tent that is always on during lights on.

PS.
And with these high intensity cobs, you always want to have a DIMMER on your light, cause 75-100 watt of cxb3590 Cree cob light is quite intense and tuff for the plants right under it.

Piff_cat

Hempy what do you run your temps and humidity at? You've found the sweet spot for sure. Guessing they're 600s? I think it's cool you and sammy get such great results with single hps. I tried switching to leds and really liked them for most part. But tge change in transpiration due to low infrared heat did cause some complications. Ended up adding a tube heater which definitely helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts