What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

harvestreaper

Veteran
SSSDH OJD cut from Reservoir seeds first ever SSSDH release around 15 years back.
SSH X Sour Diesel.

Getting ready to combine this clone with the best Neville selections from his Grail project.

Anyone who tried my cut knows its very heavy on the SSH side and C Haze , all citrusy Haze not really much or any leather or spice but WOW what a taste/High it produces and yield and return on extracts.

This cut is making the rounds this year so i hope to see more people grow it and especially the icmag family.

If you recieve it please pass it around as i cant send it to everyone but will send around the world and people can pass it on to.

sounds good any flower pics ??

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont have many pics on this tablet but here are a few , both are from seed projects so not as sexy as could be , normally she dripping in Resin.

sounds good any flower pics ??

Attachments

• IMG_20210828_235600_932.jpg
    IMG_20210828_235600_932.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20210618_132321_839.jpg
    IMG_20210618_132321_839.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Silver Nevil S1 from seed
grown by a newbie only 2nd ever grow.
grown by a Deadhead in North London.

I made the seeds with a clone from Birmingham UK that a crew run for many years exclusively.
i was passed it by my mate T who swapped the brighside Cheese clone with for many years ago.

Has strong Mango / Spicy Church smell/taste and fills the room with Frankincense .
doesnt have that crazy Nevil Haze High , more SSH High with more Nevil Haze flavour
can be harvested at 9 weeks but10-11 is best Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210827_210009_911.jpg Views:	0 Size:	360.9 KB ID:	17938573 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210903_233035_947.jpg Views:	0 Size:	323.8 KB ID:	17938570 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210827_210009_818.jpg Views:	0 Size:	284.8 KB ID:	17938574 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210827_210009_541.jpg Views:	0 Size:	359.6 KB ID:	17938571 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210827_210009_964.jpg Views:	0 Size:	354.8 KB ID:	17938572

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
just on topic stuff ojd ,
i will edit out any other stuff that is just baiting and trying to start arguments etc ,
as i have with your second last post ,
now just cannabis and no garbage please ...

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is insane , donald thinks he owns/runs this website.
you can delete my replys to your garbage but leave your own comments up ?.

Such a shame how this place is becoming

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
This is insane , donald thinks he owns/runs this website.
you can delete my replys to your garbage but leave your own comments up ?.

Such a shame how this place is becoming

im a moderator ,
i am moderating and keeping the peace ,
you are stirring shit ,
stop doing it and stay on topic or i will delete your replies that re off topic and trying to start arguments ,
its pretty easy man ....
im not saying it again ...

JohnnyChicago

I grew Zamal x THH and MadMacs Original Haze recently , I thought both were bad , the zamal x thh being the better one and the more interesting one, could possibly be good breeding material. The MadMac Original Haze is quite different line than what you get from the hazes from Nevil . There is no frankincense and the plants/ high is not extreme like a Nevils Haze. Also the MadMacs OH is like slow plant , bad vigour , small leaves , not very interesting smells, I cant see how outcrossing it would bring magic but I made seeds from everything and I might try it later. They both were weakish high, the Zamal x THH being the more interesting one , nothing legendary about em.

I really thought both were a waste of time compared to an old Nevils Haze. The Nevils Haze feels much more rushy extreme sativa , although it has 25% indica . A good old Nevils Haze is like lightyears ahead in all aspects ( growing and smoking ) compared to the Zamal x THH and the MadMac OH I grew.

OH is a breeding tool. This is what has been said by Nevil and repeated by SamS for decades. And won't change suddenly in 2020.
You should listen what I do report from the OH.Not what gets reported after me.
I do not wonder of your post, since I do know very well some of Nevils selected F1 Hazes and trust what I do see in your pics.

Also for outcrossing you will need the right inbred line, and/or to do some serious selections..... Best is with something like original Seedsman OH where SamS has tried to preserve everything. OH that has been held for hay for 25 years by everybody. Not for no reason. Millions of seeds sold by SamS, like Ojd does write all the time.

Also comparing a pure sativa considered hay by everybody, with what is the most legedary indica sativa hybrid of the cannabis history? That is something that should be changed in 2021. But yours is an honest comparasion of somebody who has grown both. Inbred versions of both, at least.

How the magic works? Nobody has understood it other SamS, Nevil and Tom. Requires some time or years of progeny testing the different OH parentals, after having selected them from the right lines. My keeper OH male was the 4th I did progeny test fromn the Seedsman, which also means that at laest 4 of my parents are well progeny tested before sharing with the people. Sharing that is a whole source of information, we can all make use of.

Would be nice if others follow Mac's lead and made those old NH lines available so people can form their own opinions. Not just being told my Haze is better than yours ...

Gollis and my lead. Please.
Without our preserving and our choice to share our lines with the people, you all would be speaking of THH, Todds and maybe OT1.
I also expect Gollis work and sharing to get respected. Not because he is silent, that his OH has inbred and performs well from alone or per coincidence. I know you do respect Nexus, but it is Gollis and me who have shared rare lines. Nobody else. No need to rewrite or cancel history in 2020, like Tom Hill has written on the other subject. Or do you want we regret our sharing? :D

Nexus7

OH is a breeding tool. This is what has been said by Nevil and repeated by SamS for decades. And won't change suddenly in 2020.
You should listen what I do report from the OH.Not what gets reported after me.
I do not wonder of your post, since I do know very well some of Nevils selected F1 Hazes and trust what I do see in your pics.

Also for outcrossing you will need the right inbred line, and/or to do some serious selections..... Best is with something like original Seedsman OH where SamS has tried to preserve everything. OH that has been held for hay for 25 years by everybody. Not for no reason. Millions of seeds sold by SamS, like Ojd does write all the time.

Also comparing a pure sativa considered hay by everybody, with what is the most legedary indica sativa hybrid of the cannabis history? That is something that should be changed in 2021. But yours is an honest comparasion of somebody who has grown both. Inbred versions of both, at least.

How the magic works? Nobody has understood it other SamS, Nevil and Tom. Requires some time or years of progeny testing the different OH parentals, after having selected them from the right lines. My keeper OH male was the 4th I did progeny test fromn the Seedsman, which also means that at laest 4 of my parents are well progeny tested before sharing with the people. Sharing that is a whole source of information, we can all make use of.

Gollis and my lead. Please.
Without our preserving and our choice to share our lines with the people, you all would be speaking of THH, Todds and maybe OT1.
I also expect Gollis work and sharing to get respected. Not because he is silent, that his OH has inbred and performs well from alone or per coincidence. I know you do respect Nexus, but it is Gollis and me who have shared rare lines. Nobody else. No need to rewrite or cancel history in 2020, like Tom Hill has written on the other subject. Or do you want we regret our sharing? :D

Yes of course Johnny! Much appreciation to yourself and Golli not only for your preservation work with the Hazes but also for the sharing and gifting of the lines you both have extensively and passionately worked.

As always much appreciated :)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I threw an extra Todd's haze over in my mom's yard. I knew it wouldn't finish here, but just wanted a giant haze tree now that's it's legal. Its not full sun, but I've grown big plant there before.
but I somehow stunted it during transplant. She did nothing for 3 weeks, and just started growing again.
I've always heard it was possible to shock or stunt a plant during transplant, but this is first time I've actually seen it.
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210906_134648302.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.3 KB ID:	17938721
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210906_134641475.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.9 KB ID:	17938722
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210906_134619269.jpg Views:	0 Size:	246.0 KB ID:	17938723

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user

I made the seeds with a clone from Birmingham UK that a crew run for many years exclusively.
i was passed it by my mate T who swapped the brighside Cheese clone with for many years ago.

Has strong Mango / Spicy Church smell/taste and fills the room with Frankincense .
doesnt have that crazy Nevil Haze High , more SSH High with more Nevil Haze flavour
can be harvested at 9 weeks but10-11 is bestfiledata/fetch?id=17938573&d=1631182466filedata/fetch?id=17938570&d=1631182468filedata/fetch?id=17938574&d=1631182468filedata/fetch?id=17938571&d=1631182469filedata/fetch?id=17938572&d=1631182469

Hi,OJD that is my expirence to when I smell Mango in Haze hybrids I know that high want be strong...in way that it is to strong.

I often think that Shanti's hazes have that kind of smells,and not any of Shanti's hazes is to strong exept Nevile Haze...but in Nevile haze phenos that smell on Mango are not so strong i will call it more plesure high of finest quality.....like i have cut of NH...

While Sensi's hazes I grew are much more metallic,pepper,citrus,sage and pine....and very strong on that electric,unable to fokus on one thing....SLH GH also have that Haze pedigree...It is hard to find pheno in shantis that smell like black pepper while in SLH,JH,SH,NL5xhaze it is comon.....

But you need go throgh few packs to find few haze dom palants and to choose out of them what you like....

JohnnyChicago

Yes of course Johnny! Much appreciation to yourself and Golli not only for your preservation work with the Hazes but also for the sharing and gifting of the lines you both have extensively and passionately worked.

As always much appreciated :)

Don't get me wrong. We are three and have all our own specific essential role in the sharing of the Haze.
Mac's is very important it's evident. You have only attribuated him the wrong one.
You have yours too.
Leet too.
We are all part of it if we want.
Like a big Haze family :D

TheDarkStorm

can be harvested at 9 weeks but10-11 is bestfiledata/fetch?id=17938573&d=1631182466filedata/fetch?id=17938570&d=1631182468filedata/fetch?id=17938574&d=1631182468filedata/fetch?id=17938571&d=1631182469filedata/fetch?id=17938572&d=1631182469

That looks really nice ojd.....do you know if many plants come out with that bud structure in that line....is that a straight c5 reversal or c5 x skhzC type...the guy has done them well too.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I also expect Gollis work and sharing to get respected. Not because he is silent, that his OH has inbred and performs well from alone or per coincidence. I know you do respect Nexus, but it is Gollis and me who have shared rare lines. Nobody else.

Those who have been around the scene for long definitely know what's up! Your work and passion on the Haze is much appreciated my friend. ;)

On the other hand, Seedsman O. Haze, TFD O. Haze and others like Indian Haze have been going around the forums for years too and were personal favorites from many sativa lovers. It would be fair to also give credit to other underdogs who did some Haze work despite they never seek for attention, like my brother Blan-k-flor who has been reproducing the O. Haze as since 2013-14, he shared many seeds from his repro with Yaxu and myself many time ago as well and also did lots of nice breeding with the O.Haze. I also sent an original pack of Indian Haze to Thule not a long time ago for his projects, who loved this plant too and if I remember well, was also produced by Skunkman himself (South Indian x O. Haze) along with Seedman Haze and Skunk 1. I still remember how I bought some original packages from Seedsman from O. Haze and Indian Haze for just like 16€ once many years ago! Crazy knowing how good they were!! They were already the new packages that came in square small plastic boxes.

This is a female from Original Haze grown by Beanz in Australia in 2018 from the F3 seeds I've originally received from blan-k-flor. Unfortunately he wasn't able to reproduce them because of the lack of males, but Yaxu and myself still have enough seeds from that stock to keep exploring them. Whenever I have the chance (not sure when will that be), I will run those along your seeds JC and try to combine both in order to refresh vigor a bit:

ZITvdel.jpg

Some original pictures here from blan-k-flor and his Hazes posted in 2013, hope you are well my friend!:

picture.php

picture.php

Here Seedsman Haze vs his Brazilian Green x Haze, notice how the Haze homozygosity dominated the hybrid in most aspects:

picture.php

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...58#post7949358

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...46#post8680146

I also remember a great older thread from another friend Corsaire, who did great indoor comparison side by side between O. Haze, Tom's Haze and OT Haze almost 10 years ago and posted lots of info on the different Hazes, it's a shame the pictures are no longer online, but there's still plenty good info on them at the thread that I personally found very inspiring:

Corsaire said:
Just a little topic to show you my future session, a haze project.

So here's the genetics :
  • Original Haze - TheFlyingDutchmen (seeds pre2008 & 2009)
  • OH - TFD F2 by Gojo (old seeds)
  • Old Timer Haze - Ace (seeds 2009)
  • OTH - F3 USC (seeds 2011)
  • MiauMiau Haze (Tom Hill Haze F2, seeds 2011)
  • VHaze - SoCal Seed Co. (just for test & fun)

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...u-ready-launch

Last but not least, we can't forget my mentor Raco, who did the original O. Haze reproduction for Tom Hill back in 2008 and did some amazing breeding work with those too and the Deep Chunk. I still remember smoking his legendary O. Haze #27 cut at his place along with his Moño Rojo Colombian, the most compact female he found after growing hundreds of plants at a time. He was kind enough to share her with some friends from the Spanish circle many moons ago:

Haze 27:

fetch

Same cut grown in a colder region by my brother Jardi:

glVtR5u.jpg

haH4ZEQ.jpg

Haze27 x Jamaican hybrid in AUS:

aA8NHl8.jpg

I have personally grown most Haze versions over the years as the classic strains they are, including Nevil's Haze, the German Titan's Haze cut, Cultivator's Choice Haze x Skunk and Thunk freebies, Nev's Haze cuts and and a rare Old Haze that Charlie Garcia reproduced and came from a French friend of Rahan, who allegedly obtained old stock from Skunkman, but those plants were a bit faster, around 14 weeks, so IMHO not unhybridized Hazes. They all can be recognizable by the Haze legacy and character. Eventually I moved on and went back to basics, since I've always found exploring the NLD diversity and trying to create my own sativa Grail hybrid from the scratch was much more rewarding for me than spending too much time with an existing and well known cultivar that already achieved legendary status within the scene, thanks to the original work from people like Skunkman and Nevil, and many other passionate Haze growers who followed. And guess what? I've found the Haze character well present among many different untouched genepools, from Michoacan to Papua and obviously Colombia. The chemotype family revealed itself present all over the world and it would be hard for most to even distinguish the smell from the authentic Hazes derived from Sam's and Nevil work. But it was natural to expect the terpenes that made the Hazes famous actually came from somewhere else before! ;)

Cheers.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Those who have been around the scene for long definitely know what's up! Your work and passion on the Haze is much appreciated my friend. ;)

On the other hand, Seedsman O. Haze, TFD O. Haze and others like Indian Haze have been going around the forums for years too and were personal favorites from many sativa lovers. It would be fair to also give credit to other underdogs who did some Haze work despite they never seek for attention, like my brother Blan-k-flor who has been reproducing the O. Haze as since 2013-14, he shared many seeds from his repro with Yaxu and myself many time ago as well and also did lots of nice breeding with the O.Haze. I also sent an original pack of Indian Haze to Thule not a long time ago for his projects, who loved this plant too and if I remember well, was also produced by Skunkman himself (South Indian x O. Haze) along with Seedman Haze and Skunk 1. I still remember how I bought some original packages from Seedsman from O. Haze and Indian Haze for just like 16€ once many years ago! Crazy knowing how good they were!! They were already the new packages that came in square small plastic boxes.

This is a female from Original Haze grown by Beanz in Australia in 2018 from the F3 seeds I've originally received from blan-k-flor. Unfortunately he wasn't able to reproduce them because of the lack of males, but Yaxu and myself still have enough seeds from that stock to keep exploring them. Whenever I have the chance (not sure when will that be), I will run those along your seeds JC and try to combine both in order to refresh vigor a bit:

ZITvdel.jpg

Some original pictures here from blan-k-flor and his Hazes posted in 2013, hope you are well my friend!:

picture.php

picture.php

Here Seedsman Haze vs his Brazilian Green x Haze, notice how the Haze homozygosity dominated the hybrid in most aspects:

picture.php

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...58#post7949358

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...46#post8680146

I also remember a great older thread from another friend Corsaire, who did great indoor comparison side by side between O. Haze, Tom's Haze and OT Haze almost 10 years ago and posted lots of info on the different Hazes, it's a shame the pictures are no longer online, but there's still plenty good info on them at the thread that I personally found very inspiring:

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...u-ready-launch

Last but not least, we can't forget my mentor Raco, who did the original O. Haze reproduction for Tom Hill back in 2008 and did some amazing breeding work with those too and the Deep Chunk. I still remember smoking his legendary O. Haze #27 cut at his place along with his Moño Rojo Colombian, the most compact female he found after growing hundreds of plants at a time. He was kind enough to share her with some friends from the Spanish circle many moons ago:

Haze 27:

fetch

Same cut grown in a colder region by my brother Jardi:

glVtR5u.jpg

haH4ZEQ.jpg

Haze27 x Jamaican hybrid in AUS:

aA8NHl8.jpg

I have personally grown most Haze versions over the years as the classic strains they are, including Nevil's Haze, the German Titan's Haze cut, Cultivator's Choice Haze x Skunk and Thunk freebies, Nev's Haze cuts and and a rare Old Haze that Charlie Garcia reproduced and came from a French friend of Rahan, who allegedly obtained old stock from Skunkman, but those plants were a bit faster, around 14 weeks, so IMHO not unhybridized Hazes. They all can be recognizable by the Haze legacy and character. Eventually I moved on and went back to basics, since I've always found exploring the NLD diversity and trying to create my own sativa Grail hybrid from the scratch was much more rewarding for me than spending too much time with an existing and well known cultivar that already achieved legendary status within the scene, thanks to the original work from people like Skunkman and Nevil, and many other passionate Haze growers who followed. And guess what? I've found the Haze character well present among many different untouched genepools, from Michoacan to Papua and obviously Colombia. The chemotype family revealed itself present all over the world and it would be hard for most to even distinguish the smell from the authentic Hazes derived from Sam's and Nevil work. But it was natural to expect the terpenes that made the Hazes famous actually came from somewhere else before! ;)

Cheers.

You made my eyes shining, I almost forgot the old post of yaxu and blan k floor (and someone else whose name escapes me now) in the first few years I came here on the forum, and I was greedy for haze information ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts