What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkStorm

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210720_132508.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.2 KB ID:	17901819
Hello.....soapy, musky, flowery, sandlewood, and pine....and then something id describe as liquid silver....with a lot of heavy heavy camphor

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Hello.....soapy, musky, flowery, sandlewood, and pine....and then something id describe as liquid silver

You have so many deficiency on plant,send me pictures DM so I can help you.
You have bacteria destroying your plant. And PH fluctation at first look.

What strain ?

TheDarkStorm

You have so many deficiency on plant,send me pictures DM so I can help you.
You have bacteria destroying your plant. And PH fluctation at first look.

What strain ?

Good spot cannatorum...it cus its just a test plant....so the more stress it goes through yet the bud still comes out banging and its stable the better...all that marking is from hitting crazy led light levels on it an probably cal mag deficiency..still got afew weeks to go at that point..so dont wory about that....it been through all sorts.....and the bud is still fire...il put it up against any haze.....in fact your in Europe arnt you.?
​​​​

JohnnyChicago

I had a couple phenos that looked just like that in the love potion haze from cultivators choice. So small calyxes. They were a columbian body like stone for me(made oil out of it. And there sure wasn’t much sigh) put me to sleep real well. I took the whole plant in one sitting lol. Only made 2 grams of oil on first wash lol. Slept better than I had in a long time.
the more racy stuff noids me out if I take that much oil from the high flying stuff. Followed by sleep. I culled them too. I didn’t like growing something for 6 months only to get two uses out if it lol. I take oil every day in the evening. Anyway it yeilded shite so bad I couldn’t justify it.
i just don’t smoke a lot these days due to tolerance to oral oil daily and the fact that I am a runner and run 6 miles a day at the least. Today I ran 6 miles in 1 mile increments on the treadmill and I got all 6 under 7 minutes. I do a 1 minute break between each mile. Anyway I don’t like much in my lungs besides air these days.

You need to try OH before a training session. You will run like a rocket :D

Regarding the fenotrigos, I guess it depends where you find it. I trust the old haze heads when they say they are great in Haze. But they are probably speaking of Nevils gear, where only Haze A and C are expressed. The best two Hazes ever. With a touch of NL.
In OH the best phenos are not like that.

TheDarkStorm

There were certain types expressed across the board with hazeC when put to other types like skunk, Hawaiian, south african, g13 and the various nl lines ect that there would be similarities in....as there were with the hazeA put to a few different lines that you could link together...each haze having its different unique traits......
you can see some traits that you can link together with sams haze hybrids aswell some of which were one generation removed from the haze line he used wen first released...i think it was said to be the 76 silver haze type....from what I can remember it may have been said to be wen first put out a true breeding stabalized haze line...only to have been inbred since the beginning of the 70's at that point..meaning no addition..excellent as breeding materials....im pretty sure the haze traits were true breeding in the hybrids....and repeatedly gave a certain type......to me looked very similar to Johnnys particular line of seedsmans haze he has given to star crash.....it can be intresting to see certain traits popping up repeatedly using a certain plant when crossing that individually to different plants...good way of know what traits a certain male or female plant or line is able to pass on.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Northern Lights 5 crossed with Haze male C.Is the best Indica / Sativa hybrid that I've ever done. HzA male to NL5 was also excellent and was the mother of N.H. The HzC was a complex sweet aroma, while HzA produced plants with a leathery smell, more reminisent of the old Thai's.
Complex liver/ leather smell is what I'm looking for in a good Thai descenant to cross with the Haze.

N.

This post by Nevil gives a description of the different plants HzA and HzC produced.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I know from reading Sam's posts the purple plants was in the early haze line and Sam was not fond of the purple phino as it had a narcotic affect to it.

I noticed some of Mad Max's threw to the purple whos Haze did that come out from any one know ?.

Limeygreen

Veteran
I know from reading Sam's posts the purple plants was in the early haze line and Sam was not fond of the purple phino as it had a narcotic affect to it.

I noticed some of Mad Max's threw to the purple whos Haze did that come out from any one know ?.

He used tom hill haze which I believe was the only one that showed purple, he used two other european lines, not sure if the people who shared to him want to be revealed or maybe they already have been. Anyways they descended from seedsman haze from sam but if I recall correctly they were from different seed lots and worked by different people.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
He used tom hill haze which I believe was the only one that showed purple, he used two other european lines, not sure if the people who shared to him want to be revealed or maybe they already have been. Anyways they descended from seedsman haze from sam but if I recall correctly they were from different seed lots and worked by different people.

Hi Limeygreen and thanks for the info mate no need for who past the seed on but its interesting to see the purple surface i know Toms throws a purple and i think Maha has one from THH that all the leaf and flowers are purple but Max's are very different to Toms i wounder if the seed Max was working with had a ancestral plant pop up.

Out of all the Haze pure out there Johnys line is the one i really see the old school Haze i remember being grown 20 plus years ago he really did an outstanding job on that.

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Hempy,
I think Mac works with Golli's, Johnny's and TomHill's hazes, maybe he got some of Sam's old Original Haze seeds to work with(same batch as Nevil got or one selection later).
For certain Johnny's haze is a step or two of Seedsman's Original Haze selection, the so called "hay" phenos were taken out of the pool, also Johnny's OH is a dominant green with relatively low percentage of purple, if any at all.
I'm just growing some of Johnny's hazes I crossed for myself, there is some purple stems coming from the Panama side(from the Pan-O-Haze mother plant), the other two OH plants I had(1 male, 1 female) were both totally green.
In contrast the Surreal by MahaKala which uses TomHill's Haze showed quite a lot of red/purple in second half of flowering, but there is also some BigSur Holy Weed with purple tendencies to help the plants turn darker.
My guess is Johnny's and Golli's selections are basically green, Thh is a mix of green and purple phenos.

Best vibes

Attachments

• DSC_8768.JPG
    DSC_8768.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 12

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hi Hempy,
I think Mac works with Golli's, Johnny's and TomHill's hazes, maybe he got some of Sam's old Original Haze seeds to work with(same batch as Nevil got or one selection later).
For certain Johnny's haze is a step or two of Seedsman's Original Haze selection, the so called "hay" phenos were taken out of the pool, also Johnny's OH is a dominant green with relatively low percentage of purple, if any at all.
I'm just growing some of Johnny's hazes I crossed for myself, there is some purple stems coming from the Panama side(from the Pan-O-Haze mother plant), the other two OH plants I had(1 male, 1 female) were both totally green.
In contrast the Surreal by MahaKala which uses TomHill's Haze showed quite a lot of red/purple in second half of flowering, but there is also some BigSur Holy Weed with purple tendencies to help the plants turn darker.
My guess is Johnny's and Golli's selections are basically green, Thh is a mix of green and purple phenos.

Best vibes

He Max would not of got what Nevil collected in the mid 80s but he did get seed from Sam he posted that Max was also using the doors and NH if i am not mistaken in some of his work to.

I think Johnny's work did a bit more than a step or to from Seedsman's Original Haze selection what i love about johnny's work is he has managed to keep the vigor in along with the look of the OHaze i remember people growing 20 plus years ago.

Its common to see reds or purple in the steam and branches in haze or heavy haze lines its one of the things i look for.

image_1952322.jpg

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
just seen these ''that f2 got a great look to it howd it smoke ?

Hi mate the F2s are real nice i have been digging threw the F2s from Queeny looking for a Queeny no luck so far but have found some real nice plants some close to what im after these are f2s from the test seed very different animals to that of the MH that was released.

JohnnyChicago

Hi Limeygreen and thanks for the info mate no need for who past the seed on but its interesting to see the purple surface i know Toms throws a purple and i think Maha has one from THH that all the leaf and flowers are purple but Max's are very different to Toms i wounder if the seed Max was working with had a ancestral plant pop up.

Hi Hempy,
The purple is from THH.
Mac used only GOHz and my lines in his Hazes.
And none of the OH lines he got from SamS.

His OH's are all GOHz x JOHz combinations. (if not labeled xTHH)

And thanks guys, it's great to see my work or passion, being respected like that here on icmag.

Status
Not open for further replies.