What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
NH F2s Up Date week 14 heading towards 15.

Flower from the plant i call C
IMG_2416 (3).JPG
IMG_2419 (3).JPG

Flowers from the plant i call A
IMG_2418 (3).JPG
IMG_2417 (5).JPG

LostTribe

Premium user
NH F2s Up Date week 14 heading towards 15.

Flower from the plant i call C

Flowers from the plant i call A

What type of bulb are you running those with? Vertical HPS?

Those look much different than the MNS I have run. Mine where much denser like thick donkey dicks the whole way up. Didn't Nevil claim that Shanti had all of the parents?

Anybody have any experience with NH21 or crosses from the grail project?

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Wow thats awesome Hempy those plants are starting to look amazing....No more super dark leafs with tip burn.... Hopefully they swell, and ripen better than ever for you man...I was just trying to help you...
Theres no way we should stop being friendly, and you become hostile towards me because I told you what VPD is, and cared enough to spend my free time explaining how VPD could fix the problems with the unhealthy looking plants..
Haze guys need to stick together

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
What type of bulb are you running those with? Vertical HPS?

Those look much different than the MNS I have run. Mine where much denser like thick donkey dicks the whole way up. Didn't Nevil claim that Shanti had all of the parents?

Anybody have any experience with NH21 or crosses from the grail project?

These Nevil's haze are F2s i made 18 / 19 years ago from seed Nevil had made in 97 but they should be the same as what shanti sells as he got the parents to reproduce the same seed from Nevil.

I run Son-T Philips bulbs.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Wow thats awesome Hempy those plants are starting to look amazing....No more super dark leafs with tip burn.... Hopefully they swell, and ripen better than ever for you man...I was just trying to help you...
Theres no way we should stop being friendly, and you become hostile towards me because I told you what VPD is, and cared enough to spend my free time explaining how VPD could fix the problems with the unhealthy looking plants..
Haze guys need to stick together

like i keep telling you the Haze lines Nevil produced have a darker colored leaf the plant i call A had almost black leaf but now as it heads towards harvest its becoming lighter green.

There now on 1/4 feeding and one mm is only on water.

browntrout

Veteran
like i keep telling you the Haze lines Nevil produced have a darker colored leaf the plant i call A had almost black leaf but now as it heads towards harvest its becoming lighter green.

There now on 1/4 feeding and one mm is only on water.

The GHS Nevilles Haze has a very dark leaf for a sativa hybrid. A bit slower growing and long flowering, but seemed related to karma A5 S1. Maybe a bit more fruit smells. Seems heavily inbred. The A5 and hybrids, tough to keep green.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
image_1961850.jpg

This is a Seeded Colombian being grown in California in 1979 pic by Mel Franks.

Thais are also a dark Green normally.

This is Queeny Starts off an almost Black Green and at harvest becomes a lighter green
Cnv0096.jpg

These are the Nevil haze F1 plants i selected from to make the F2s.
Cnv0002.jpg

The GHS Nevilles Haze has a very dark leaf for a sativa hybrid. A bit slower growing and long flowering, but seemed related to karma A5 S1. Maybe a bit more fruit smells. Seems heavily inbred. The A5 and hybrids, tough to keep green.

GHS never had any of the parent plants to make seed of Nevil's Haze lines Nevil made the seed away from GHS and sold them seed on consignment.

TheDarkStorm

Here listen to this hempy...I got a hybrid made using some old haze type lines..well I only got one seed tested so far and its one long ass plant..the thing does not want to flower....its gone 9 weeks flower at 10 on 14 off and ive just about got 2 single tiny pistols on it wich are were just enough to let me know its a she...shes a fussy thing aswell....even though its in soil the ph has to be spot on....with the way its flowering I think it may go way over 20 weeks easily....il get some pictures off my mate once it decides to build some buds.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Here listen to this hempy...I got a hybrid made using some old haze type lines..well I only got one seed tested so far and its one long ass plant..the thing does not want to flower....its gone 9 weeks flower at 10 on 14 off and ive just about got 2 single tiny pistols on it wich are were just enough to let me know its a she...shes a fussy thing aswell....even though its in soil the ph has to be spot on....with the way its flowering I think it may go way over 20 weeks easily....il get some pictures off my mate once it decides to build some buds.

Hi Dark the F1 Nevil haze plants i grew i used to make the f2s from showed sex around 9 weeks and the last time i grew the Thai they took between 3 and 4 months to show sex.

Sativas can be weird some can show sex at 4 and 5 weeks and yet still need 20 plus weeks to fully mature.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hi Dark the F1 Nevil haze plants i grew i used to make the f2s from showed sex around 9 weeks and the last time i grew the Thai they took between 3 and 4 months to show sex.

Sativas can be weird some can show sex at 4 and 5 weeks and yet still need 20 plus weeks to fully mature.

these are just extreme reactions to being grown indoor out of their natural habitat ,

just the amount of flowering time says it ,
no thai sativa in Thailand grown outdoor ever flowered for that long ,
from seed to harvest maybe all together ,
but not just flowering time ...
this would be true of the original plants haze was selected from too ,
in their natural habitat , 6 months was the maximum grow time from start to finish ,
unless u were silly enough to grow at the wrong time of year i guess ....

TheDarkStorm

these are just extreme reactions to being grown indoor out of their natural habitat ,

in their natural habitat , 6 months was the maximum grow time from start to finish ,

I think the red thai can go 25 weeks flower in its natural environment...I know of a Cambodian that goes 32 weaks.....but they seem to be plants that veg in bloom light hours till mature and then take advantage of the rest of the full year under equatorial day light hours to flower......

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

I veg my sativas before i put them into flower Donald these plants pictured take 26 weeks that is 6 months to get to 2 meters before there Harvested in Thailand that is 26 weeks of 12/12.

image_1938172.jpg

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
those plants were grown around Udon,
thats a fair way from the equator , its around 17 degrees north of it actually ,\
they were not receiving 6 months of 12/12 ,
those sorts of sativa veg when the hours are increasing , its not quite the same as growing them indoors where you control the hours and they remain constant ,
the longest days in Udon are just over 13 hours , the shortest just over 11 ,
its exactly the same as where i live because the latitude is exactly the same , the only difference is I'm in the southern hemisphere ...

anyhow to be fair both you and darkie said flower for 20 plus weeks ,
as i said those plants go from seed to harvest in that time ,
if you started yours at 12/12 ,
how long do they grow for ??

i think the indoor conditions extend the flowering ,
the fertilisers ,, light spectrum , etc
are not the same as what they see naturally ,
so it causes things to change and adapt to the different conditions ,
its hard to exactly mimic the environment they came from originally ...

no big deal , but certainly worth consideration ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I think the red thai can go 25 weeks flower in its natural environment...I know of a Cambodian that goes 32 weaks.....but they seem to be plants that veg in bloom light hours till mature and then take advantage of the rest of the full year under equatorial day light hours to flower......

you mean there are visible flowers for 25 and 32 weeks darkie ??

maybe they are planted at the wrong time of year or something ,
\those sativas react to small changes in day length, they can veg easily when the hours begin to increase ,

folks in those climates would generally try to avoid growing during the monsoon and plant at the end of it ,
the hours are falling by then and the plants would start to show flowers as soon as they mature enough to do so ,
i guess around 6-8 weeks , maybe 10 ...

i suppose if we grow them using an 18 hour day ,
it possibly takes a while for the plants time clock to reset once the hours are decreased ,
so while we see some fast growth as a result of the increased hours ,
we suffer for it by seeing extended flowering ,
there's probably no need to grow them using 18 hour days ,

what do you guys see , since i don't grow indoors ,
its hard for me to speculate ????,
i can only share my experiences from growing outdoors ...

funkyhorse

This year I tried long flowering sativas both indoor and outdoors, same strains
Indoors there were sativa strains taking up to 93 days to show sex under 11/13 and there was a strain flowering for a very long time, over 150 days and not ready
Outdoors it didnt matter how long they were outside for, if it was 2 months or a couple of weeks. As soon as the autumm equinox came, all sativas showed sex and started to flower. The most stubborn to show sex and start flowering it was 10 days after the equinox
And they are ready at about the solstice, maybe a few will go a little bit longer than the winter solstice, maybe 10-15 days or so

The difference is huge. I will never try indoors again for long flowering sativas. The same one that wasnt ready indoors after 150 days, outdoors was done less than a week before the winter solstice and the difference in smells and trichomes is not small
Same NH F2 Hempy is growing indoors, done in a greenhouse would shine much more and buds would be more meaty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts