What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I got some of the TFD haze not sure anyone will be able to snag more of that, seems that thing may be ending...
nice ! you been running that bco one for awhile ?
best time to harvest the haze I hear is 70% cloudy 30% red on the trichomes sound about right ?

depends how you like it mate. I don't bother with that cloudy trichome thing to be honest i just chop when they look ready.

Dirt Life

Veteran
Is THH "Haze #19"? Tom has said he purchased 4-5 15 seed packs of Positronics "Original Haze", his words. I couldnt find the actual quote from Tom Hill, only a post quoting his words that I was thinking of, so my apologies...

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...-on-the-original-haze?p=11753403#post11753403

Also, if you look @ the old OverGrow StrainGuide, in the Positronics section, they offered @ the time "Haze", "Haze#19 x Skunk #1", but not pure Haze #19. I realize Haze #19 is just a selection out of Sams Original Haze, so, the question is moot, im just genuinely curious..

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
zaadlijst_positronics.jpg

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Some of mine show at 4 weeks some much later at 6+

Hi Dr FeelzGood Nevil's Haze normally 7 and up but going 11/13 instead of 12/12 made a huge difference in sexing i have a few to sex still but i think what needs to be pointed out here is that dose not mean there going to flower faster.

acespicoli

10 weeks on the longest haze and 8 weeks on the #19 x sk
I should have bought some back then :whee:
#19 was supposedly a seedling and the one love haze may have been the out crossing ?

looks like that might be a question for Wernard

Dirt Life

Veteran
I loled @ the flowering times, too... Hz19/Skunk takes 13-14 weeks to flower. Lots of old flowering time descriptions were wayyy to short..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Flower times are more a average time to expect with ext-reams on each some a little faster some long and much longer.

JohnnyChicago

"From our private cultivation"

Haze x Skunk1 -> 9 weeks
Haze19 x Skunk1 -> 8-9 weeks
Probably SamS vs Wernards version.

There we have it confirmed that haze19 was one of the faster Original Haze phenos.
And the 9 weeks probably were meant from first pistil. Not from 12/12.

Seedsman was more accruate, the description probably written by SamS himself.
zaadlijst_positronics.jpg

Attachments

• photo2036239.jpg
    photo2036239.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 12

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
8 week vegged seed plants and the HLG type LED boards are running everything quicker and thicker. They also show under 18/6.

Hi Lost veg times should play no role in how fast a plant shows sex or should the type of light they grow under what dose is the photoperiod the time of day light.

When the light goes down to 12 hours or less, the leaves start to manufacture a substance that triggers flowering, which gets transported to all over the plant. This substance is called florigen or flowering hormone.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran

Haze x Skunk1 -> 9 weeks

There we have it confirmed that haze19 was one of the faster Original Haze phenos.

My first Original Haze I bought was in 1994 and can't say it was a 9 week flowering period, but more a 16 week flowering period.

I got from Karel sssc some S1 seeds of his Haze x Sk#1 which was pretty old and that was also a much longer flowering Haze than what the Positronics seedlist say.

Stocktont

Veteran
Hi Lost veg times should play no role in how fast a plant shows sex or should the type of light they grow under what dose is the photoperiod the time of day light.

When the light goes down to 12 hours or less, the leaves start to manufacture a substance that triggers flowering, which gets transported to all over the plant. This substance is called florigen or flowering hormone.

Vegetative growth time sure plays a role, more than one, it’s evident to most growers if they pay attention. You seem to have missed one of the main things with tropical/equatorial types in regards to photoperiod (which is ”time of daylight” and ”time of night”). Let me put it in terms you usually do when ”testing” people if they really know.

What is it that you don’t know about tropical/equatorial varieties in regards to photoperiods? Do all types of cannabis react similarly to it or might there be some differences between different types such as South East Asians compared to Afghani?

Do you know what happens when growing different types of cannabis in a tropical setting where the photoperiod is never 18/6? Have you never wondered why some types, like South East Asians, tent to take much longer to respond to ”flowering” photoperiods like 12/12 or 11/13?

Now go google it and come back with a cut and paste collage…

Montuno

...como el Son...
Vegetative growth time sure plays a role, more than one, it’s evident to most growers if they pay attention. You seem to have missed one of the main things with tropical/equatorial types in regards to photoperiod (which is ”time of daylight” and ”time of night”). Let me put it in terms you usually do when ”testing” people if they really know.

What is it that you don’t know about tropical/equatorial varieties in regards to photoperiods? Do all types of cannabis react similarly to it or might there be some differences between different types such as South East Asians compared to Afghani?

Do you know what happens when growing different types of cannabis in a tropical setting where the photoperiod is never 18/6? Have you never wondered why some types, like South East Asians, tent to take much longer to respond to ”flowering” photoperiods like 12/12 or 11/13?

I wonder it but I can't find it on the internet.... Do you know the answer to your last question?: Why an equatorial sativa (and nearest tropical ones) takes so long to react to "flowering" photoperiods of 12/12 or 11/13...when these are the natural photoperiods in which this sativa lives and flowers...?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

I don't live in the tropics i live in the subtropics but have holidayed in the tropics.

A plant in veg focuses its energy on growing roots to anchor itself and grow future flower sites once it is put in flower by the length of light it focuses its energy into flower its not complicated Stocktant.

As a guess in he tropics it has more to do with the distance of the sun as Seasons are caused by the fact that the Earth is tilted on its axis by 23.5°.

You also have wet and the dry seasons in the tropics.

Places like Hawaii and parts here also have 3 grow seasons 2 short and a long one.

As for tropical/equatorial varieties i know plenty but maybe you can tell us all why some Thai sativas can show sex at 4 weeks under 12/12 and others need between 3 to 4 months to show sex under 12/12 ?.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Of course, hempy is referring to equatorial-tropical sativas. We all know that the process is triggered earlier (with more hours of light) in indicas; and let's remember that autoflowering plants don't need a "photoperiodic signal" to flower...
...I suppose, therefore, that apart from the existence of a certain photoperiod from which the flowering is triggered in photoperiodic plants, there should be other factors that help to trigger the flowering...(?)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

mr.brunch

Veteran
I wish they sold flowering hormones in a bottle, it would allow me to grow these lovely looking hazes outdoor in my country with no forcing.
please someone say they do....

acespicoli

My first Original Haze I bought was in 1994 and can't say it was a 9 week flowering period, but more a 16 week flowering period.

I got from Karel sssc some S1 seeds of his Haze x Sk#1 which was pretty old and that was also a much longer flowering Haze than what the Positronics seedlist say.

Would you run karels sk x haze again? and have a good opinion of that strain ?
Was the s1 uniform or highly diverse ?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I don't live in the tropics i live in the subtropics but have holidayed in the tropics.

A plant in veg focuses its energy on growing roots to anchor itself and grow future flower sites once it is put in flower by the length of light it focuses its energy into flower its not complicated Stocktant.

As a guess in he tropics it has more to do with the distance of the sun as Seasons are caused by the fact that the Earth is tilted on its axis by 23.5°.

You also have wet and the dry seasons in the tropics.

Places like Hawaii and parts here also have 3 grow seasons 2 short and a long one.

As for tropical/equatorial varieties i know plenty but maybe you can tell us all why some Thai sativas can show sex at 4 weeks under 12/12 and others need between 3 to 4 months to show sex under 12/12 ?.

this seems accurate for the most part ,
though im unsure about 3 seasons bit ,
i think to grow commercial size plots one would have to focus on 2 main seasons ,
the wet and the dry season ,
this would be a case of using shorter flowering hybrids to grow during the dry season ,
and longer flowering plants , sativa dom or pure sativa in the later parts of the wet season ...

however a chap in his backyard can flower hybrid varieties any time in the tropics ,
other than around the monsoonal times of year ,
so its possible to grow 2 crops of shorter season ones ,
though they may overlap a little ....

one has to keep in mind there is usually no point growing during the monsoon time of year ,
that cuts out around 3 months of growing time ...

G

Haze x Skunk1 -> 9 weeks

Maybe they were being a little conservative with the truth regarding the flowering times.
Nevs original nl/haze took us 16 weeks to flower and it sure wasn't advertised as that also TFD o haze was originally advertised as 12 weeks to flower and it took 20. The later TFD packs then changed saying 12 to 14 weeks to flower but still wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts