What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

harvestreaper

Veteran
hempy would be interested to know what kinda range of flo time youve experianced with pure thai lines got some going now didnt make of note of when i flipped em seemed a long way back now ,,20 weekers common in your experiance ?

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
The creator (or it would be better to speak of a seller) says that the 20 week specimens should be culled because they are impractical for indoor growth, not because they are not good ....
But I don't think that in the current packages there is still the risk of finding twenty weeks plants .....

Comparing those phenos to pure hazes are funny.
Yes they just need to be culled.
SSH is comercial haze hybrid not genepool to searh for pure haze.
Why should I buy haze hybrid and search for pure haze phenos.
It like buying oreo's and serach for creme.
You can find there but never as good qualitiy as buying creme.

it dosent make sense to me,but maybe your logic is different.

:headbange

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I think I have not understood something ....
It's not about logic, it's a matter of selection, 20 week old plants are impractical indoors but will have a different high than 10 week ones ....
Shanti says to select the 8/10 week old plants because they are the ones that satisfy most growers, but if I get a very long flowering pheno, which has many characteristics in common to original haze, if it is not a problem for me I select ....
As far as I know there is no pure Original haze on the market, only hybrids ...

SSH
"A champion of champions since winning its hat-trick at the 1997, 1998, and 1999 High Times Cannabis Cups and comprising of the most commercial strains known to the uncivilized world: Skunk, NL and Haze. Such achievements confer an undoubtedly regal pedigree. It has an excellent breed for those who wish to possess the stash of stashes and leaves one gasping for reality. This complex hybrid is in the cutting edge in practical Haze hybrids, designed to astound the grower and consumer alike. Recommendation is unnecessary as most people can not see the Haze for their daze.
Expected finishing time for an indoor grow would be between 8-10 weeks of flowering. In the northern hemisphere by late October and in the southern hemisphere by the mid to late April.
......"
Neville haze
" A tribute to the father of all modern seed companies, Neville Schoenmakers. There is something very special about this 3/4 sativa that those in the know will recognize once they smell the end product. It can be difficult to know what to base your selective reasoning on, but the plants that go longer than 16 weeks indoor will really not be of value in the end to indoor cultivators.A tip for those who do find a long flowering plant they wish to keep...clones usually finish 2-3 weeks quicker than the seed mother plant and therefore will give the grower a possibility to finish something that normally needs the tropics to grow in.The full flavor is sativa all the way so for you Indica lovers this plant will not be for you! It was made by combining a pure Haze to a NL5/Haze, thus creating probably one of the most influential plants of our time , certainly for flavor , aroma and effect. It is a must if you are within 10' of the equator for outdoor cultivation , but indoor would be recommended in other regions.All seed companies owe the ground work and origin of modern cultivars to Nevil . Like the man himself...the legend grows!
Indoors you should select anything that goes up until 16 weeks flowering time and kill any others as they are not practical for indoor rooms. The north hemisphere will be difficult for this plant only southern Europe like Italy, Spain, Portugal would allow this plant to finish by December while in the southern hemisphere it will take until June.
.... "

CannaT

Premium user
It's not about logic, it's a matter of selection, 20 week old plants are impractical indoors but will have a different high than 10 week ones ....
Shanti says to select the 8/10 week old plants because they are the ones that satisfy most growers, but if I get a very long flowering pheno, which has many characteristics in common to original haze, if it is not a problem for me I select ....

SSH
"A champion of champions since winning its hat-trick at the 1997, 1998, and 1999 High Times Cannabis Cups and comprising of the most commercial strains known to the uncivilized world: Skunk, NL and Haze. Such achievements confer an undoubtedly regal pedigree. It has an excellent breed for those who wish to possess the stash of stashes and leaves one gasping for reality. This complex hybrid is in the cutting edge in practical Haze hybrids, designed to astound the grower and consumer alike. Recommendation is unnecessary as most people can not see the Haze for their daze.
Expected finishing time for an indoor grow would be between 8-10 weeks of flowering. In the northern hemisphere by late October and in the southern hemisphere by the mid to late April.
......"
Neville haze
" A tribute to the father of all modern seed companies, Neville Schoenmakers. There is something very special about this 3/4 sativa that those in the know will recognize once they smell the end product. It can be difficult to know what to base your selective reasoning on, but the plants that go longer than 16 weeks indoor will really not be of value in the end to indoor cultivators.A tip for those who do find a long flowering plant they wish to keep...clones usually finish 2-3 weeks quicker than the seed mother plant and therefore will give the grower a possibility to finish something that normally needs the tropics to grow in.The full flavor is sativa all the way so for you Indica lovers this plant will not be for you! It was made by combining a pure Haze to a NL5/Haze, thus creating probably one of the most influential plants of our time , certainly for flavor , aroma and effect. It is a must if you are within 10' of the equator for outdoor cultivation , but indoor would be recommended in other regions.All seed companies owe the ground work and origin of modern cultivars to Nevil . Like the man himself...the legend grows!
Indoors you should select anything that goes up until 16 weeks flowering time and kill any others as they are not practical for indoor rooms. The north hemisphere will be difficult for this plant only southern Europe like Italy, Spain, Portugal would allow this plant to finish by December while in the southern hemisphere it will take until June.
.... "

Yes I know that,but I have asked question what is so special about it
?

I have never heard of good cut of SSH that goes 18 weeks.
Which spread it name is things like core cut,hypro and old 13 week cut.
I heard for Neviles haze long flowers but never of 18+ week SSH that is some bomb.
It is to contaminated with skunk and NL to have so much up expirence.
I growed it i know what are they like,look and smell like haze but high is mellow and happy lots of people didnt feel them at all.
I will say like more hazy skunk 1 than O haze.

Best for me in that genepool is around 13 weeks plants.
Heavy Haze traits with banging Indica high and bud structure.

That is my question what is so special about 20 week SSH ?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Isn't that why Nevil said out crossing haze produces the best plants?. That's how I understood it.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Went to Walmart to get supplies for the after election apocalypse.
Saw the sign saying that the A5 was on the isle with the frozen pizzas. Makes sense but I didn't see it anywheres!
picture.php

SUPER_HAZE

SSH
......"
Neville haze
.... "

Many years ago I planted a super silver haze. It has been one of the best plants I have ever tasted. Cut in December in Spain. Here it is seen alongside New York City and Pakistan.

If it came out like this or similar I would buy 2 packages of MR nice, but I don't think so. :chin:

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 22

Tom Hill

Veteran
Not sure I understand what you wrote. But I have been there in the shop exactly the same year to buy Original Haze seeds. But I was a kid and was very impressed by their shop and may be I grew their Orange Bud Haze :D

They did look like growingcrazes first pic. All dark green. No purple outdoors. No heavy nld phenos. Very similar to another Haze I have grown recently. Different from yours, different from all the others (seedsman, OTH, 90s OH)

And then there is also the OHaze you gave to Raco he has posted some very nice pictures, that does look very special. He wrote you got them under the counter too. A little confusing which one is which one now :)

I was 3 sheets and will try again lol. Sam has stated previously that he gave posi both clone and seed i believe. I do not know if what i got was a reproduction done by posi or remnant seed from Sam himself - it was certainly labeled original haze, and extracted from an off menu seedlot. My best guess based on the entire nature of the transaction and var description is the latter (remnant seed from Sams work).

TheDarkStorm

Yes I know that,but I have asked question what is so special about it
?

I have never heard of good cut of SSH that goes 18 weeks.
Which spread it name is things like core cut,hypro and old 13 week cut.
I heard for Neviles haze long flowers but never of 18+ week SSH that is some bomb.
It is to contaminated with skunk and NL to have so much up expirence.
I growed it i know what are they like,look and smell like haze but high is mellow and happy lots of people didnt feel them at all.
I will say like more hazy skunk 1 than O haze.

Best for me in that genepool is around 13 weeks plants.
Heavy Haze traits with banging Indica high and bud structure.

That is my question what is so special about 20 week SSH ?

Dont know wat super silver haze you had....but mellow an happy dont sound right.....the original f1's wer all tall skiny plants...due to having haze by design on both sides of the parentage made loads of the seeds pull toward haze heavily....it used to be a devastating, confusing, trippy high were it would actually leave most people gasping to get back to reality....the more longer flowering ones would have less of the stony afterside to it an be more so in the head.

CannaT

Premium user
Dont know wat super silver haze you had....but mellow an happy dont sound right.....the original f1's wer all tall skiny plants...due to having haze by design on both sides of the parentage made loads of the seeds pull toward haze heavily....it used to be a devastating, confusing, trippy high were it would actually leave most people gasping to get back to reality....the more longer flowering ones would have less of the stony afterside to it an be more so in the head.

Im talking about 18+ week phenos The Dark Storm.
I know what high is on Indica/sativa mixes of SSH.

''the original f1's wer all tall skiny plants''...this is imagination or lie.

It cant be all tall skiny plants.
It is hybrid.
The best you can smoke are Skunk or NL doms with haze smells.
And im shure about that.

CannaT

Premium user
...it used to be a devastating, confusing, trippy high were it would actually leave most people gasping to get back to reality....

Another lie...SSH is calming and uplifted stony high more hybrid than Haze high.
I dont know what you smoked and why you always say devastating confusing.
You sound to me like you are teenager who smoked rear.
Cannabis isnt psydelic it is euphoric.
I had trip like scene of cananbis when I smoked it with 10-13 years old.
Your description of smoke reprot sound like you have 15 years.

I smoke lots of years and SSH for me is up but stoney high.
Maybe you are soft person and every high destroy you.
But for me SSH is calm high comapred to other hazes.

If I need to compare SSH high I will say it is close to OG kush but little bit more sativish and not so heavy high but strong.

CannaT

Premium user
perfect qote of guy who actualy grow mr nice SSH and by picture with lots of expirence.

he HazeC is what made these super crystally huge trichome almost chocked buds , also found in SSH ( nl5hzC x skhzC ) and nl5xhazeC ( like Hazenacious ). For me the Nev Haze was more trippier and psychedelic and electric compared to the haziest SSH or nl5haze, though . And the nl5hazeC / SSH were a bit monotonic in their smell , piney/lemon/floral/woody/catpiss ( and sometimes the nl5hz would be fake cherry sweet like non hazey phenos ). While NH had a much more oriental indian spicey peppery sandalwood multidimensional smell. I always believed the SSH , nl5hazeC to be much better commercial plants than any Nevils Haze. The SSH/nl5haze is not as electric/panic attack weed, even the 13wk SSH plants. It seems that effect/quality would come mainly from the hzA.

Here is the close expirience what I have
NO SSH is never devastating,psydelic.
But if you have 13 yold.
It is good after few years of smoking you will have tolerance build up.

GoatCheese

Veteran
...it used to be a devastating, confusing, trippy high were it would actually leave most people gasping to get back to reality....

Another lie...SSH is calming and uplifted stony high more hybrid than Haze high.
I dont know what you smoked and why you always say devastating confusing.
You sound to me like you are teenager who smoked rear.
Cannabis isnt psydelic it is euphoric.
I had trip like scene of cananbis when I smoked it with 10-13 years old.
Your description of smoke reprot sound like you have 15 years.

I smoke lots of years and SSH for me is up but stoney high.
Maybe you are soft person and every high destroy you.
But for me SSH is calm high comapred to other hazes.

If I need to compare SSH high I will say it is close to OG kush but little bit more sativish and not so heavy high but strong.
Obviously you haven’t smoked the Cup Winning SSH from GreenHouse coffeeshop in Amsterdam, cause it was just as Darky described it; Strong, stoney, rushy, confusing effect.
..nothing mellow about it.

[FONT=&quot]CANNATORIUM/AstroTHC/Rosemary :wave:…blaah, blaah, blaa and what ever else accounts you've used. You really have problems with other people’s experiences and points of view, no matter what new name you come up with. Change the attitude. [/FONT]

CannaT

Premium user
Obviously you haven’t smoked the Cup Winning SSH from GreenHouse coffeeshop in Amsterdam, cause it was just as Darky described it; Strong, stoney, rushy, confusing effect.
..nothing mellow about it.

[FONT=&quot]CANNATORIUM/AstroTHC/Rosemary :wave:…blaah, blaah, blaa and what ever else accounts you've used. You really have problems with other people’s experiences and points of view, no matter what new name you come up with. Change the attitude. [/FONT]

Why is your expirence better than mine ?

Astro,Rosemary ???

Hi,Goat did you smoke it by yourself.
Or you just can expirence what Dark Storm had smoked in past.

For me it is like that,for Dark storm is ACID.
No problem for me,but every high he say is destroyer.
It look like he have 13 yo.
I at that time anything I smoked destroys me.
So thats why i said that.
What is Astro and rosemary ?

JohnnyChicago

If SSH for you is like OG, then A5 would have put you straight sleeping.

But yes with SSH and the cups it won, new standards were set and that's where the decline began.
That is also I guess the reason why MNS does recommend to not keep the long flowering phenos...

CannaT

Premium user
If SSH for you is like OG, then A5 would have put you straight sleeping.

But yes with SSH and the cups it won, new standards were set and that's where the decline began.
That is also I guess the reason why MNS does recommend to not keep the long flowering phenos...

I dont know JC but there is no weed that will put me straight sleep.
Before 15 years maybe yes, but after daily smoking for years high grade it is hevy task to some weed smokes me like TDS described or that it puts me to sleep.

I dont get it why I am atacked for no reason from all places.
I know what SSH can smoke you i smoked many KG of Amnesia and SSH many cuts and seeds slections.
And hypro cut is strongest i smoked out od SSH genepol.
But 20 weeks SSH what is so special ??

CannaT

Premium user
That is also I guess the reason why MNS does recommend to not keep the long flowering phenos...[/QUOTE]

I think the reason is why to kill them is.
They want to breed something like core cut.

If they want pure sativa or haze lineage will look like.

(Haze x thai) x (HazexHaze) or something like that.

every breed have it purpose.
Purpose of seeds of SSH was NL or SK look with Haze characteristics.
And that is why SSH is famous for.
Surley not for 20 week phenos.
Im out of this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts