What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrassMan

Veteran
Hi,

Is it true that Israeli MMJ rules regulate plant height only rather than canopy square footage or plant numbers?

I have always wished for such a paradigm... I'd grow in 10 gallon pots. Very little veg time. Young, strong plants. best soil to yield ratio with my favorite strains, IME.

Is that grow in Spain or Israel?

Right now flowering plant number is the rule
Health Ministry assign the plant number according to the facility and assigned patient number
This farm has license for 1800 flowering plants, here in Israel

Looks like Tikun olam

No, it is not TO, TO´s farm is up north in the mountain
This farm is in the desert with extreme temps raising 58 Celsuis with 20% RH

The big plant thing was the inevitable result of plant number limits. I do know families who can make it through a year on six monsters.

Scrupulous commercial gorwers go big and keep it under 99, many under 25 or 18. Still a worthy small business.

however...

I'm looking forward to growing without plant number limits. The state of Washington only regulates canopy size. It remains to be seen if the Feds will truly stay hands-off in deference to state regs in this regard...

64 small plants, each in a bag of dirt, (representing a palette of medum) would yield about 32 pounds with the strain I tested in that paradigm in 2010. They vegged in half-sun from the beginning of July (clones cut from outdoor moms) and were transplanted and put in full sun at the end of July. They came down The first week of October. Each plant in a #10 smartie with straight FFOF and Perlite... each one yielded almost exactly .5 for a total across 10 plants of 5 units. 3 months from clone to harvest. 20gal:1unit

Best ever plant in a 200 gallon pot was a 6.9 (I call it & when I tell the big fish tale. )pound Blue Dream plant. 20:0.7...

30% ain't nothin to sneeze at. Labor input will be the crucial factor... We will have to look very closely at the way plant size affects workflow in a very large-scale grow. Assuming a baseline yield of 1.5# per 25 sq feet of canopy (low indoor numbers) ... at 21K 2q ft is a yield of 1260 units per run.

If the small soil plant paradigm requires about 6 square feet per plant and the .5# per plant number can be reached the yield goes up to 1750 units per run.

Commercial flood and drain, indoor at the 40 light scale can produce a reliable 2 units per 1000 watts or roughly 25 square feet.... Keeping optimal conditions for clean hydroponics and drain at 60x that scale seems daunting.

This project is exciting in a lot of ways, but nothing moreso than the challenge of wringing AAA quality on the scale we have at hand....

Your numbers are ok for your climate
Been growing both in Spain and Israel and there a considerable difference
Full automated GH is another history

Soon switch to flowering

And a night view

Peace

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
'You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Grassman again' - You're boomin on em!

Stank J.P.

Hi everyone, Looks like everyone is having a good time round here. Props to GRS genetics for keeping me busier than I've ever been this time of year. I'm looking at moving up north before next season and was wondering what you guys think of or know about the Grass Valley - Placerville area. Good growing climate up there/ good vibes and peeps? Thanks for any info,
Peace.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
What they lack in plant size is made up for in plant count. Sea of CBD.

Biggest US crop??

these pictures are screen grabs from http://time.com/pot-kids/
15 minute video "in search of oil" about sick kids and this high CBD Charlotte's Web garden.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

L

Luther Burbank

Those guys still have a ton of kids on a waiting list as long as my arm rather than send them to competitors or give away their special AC/DC x Finola cut. They're one step away from the pharmaceutical companies in terms of looking out for themselves and their potential profits first. I've been highly frustrated watching the Stanley's lobbying machine disguised as a non-profit roll through states getting them good deals with the legislature while everyone else is hung out to dry. Those guys care about having a monopoly and that's it. Sorry to sound so harsh, especially when on the surface they look to be about compassionate care for the sick, but if you look a little past it you see businessmen using it as cover.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
this is what corporate cannabis looks like.

how many states have passed legislation named after one of the strains growing in your plot lately?
couple of years and the Stanleys will be rubbing elbows with the Waltons…

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

L

Luther Burbank

But boy, don't they sell that good ol' small-town loving family shtick that middle America will swallow up with a spoon really well? I'd be applauding them if they were using these tactics to sell Americans on the general legalization of weed, but they're using it to advance their own brand.

theJointedOne

Veteran
id love to see those plants close up when they harvest them, i bet the quality is mid to sub par at best...could be wrong though

browntrout

Veteran
Still I'm curious as to what everyone thinks is the best yielding and tastiest outdoor plant from seed. Been growing these strains searching for things that are either lost to time or just aren't cracked up to what they are supposed to be.

Would love to hear from all of you about your favorite early yielders!

BT

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Holy fuck, looks like a quarter section. Wonder how many hundred tonnes?

Envious!
Yah but that shits shwag

Still I'm curious as to what everyone thinks is the best yielding and tastiest outdoor plant from seed. Been growing these strains searching for things that are either lost to time or just aren't cracked up to what they are supposed to be.

BT
check out some Bodhi strains, they all performed really well this year. Solo's Stash is about as exotic flavor as it gets, our neighbors wont stop bugging us for heady buds and we arent even done trimming it yet

Bulldog420

Veteran

BT

I agree with the Bohdi gear. I grew SSH, Blood Orange, and NL #5 this year from his gear and was really impressed with every phenotype. From what I have grown in the last 5 years, Bodhi seems to be at the top of that list. If you need directions to find his gear PM me.

epicorchard

are the big clorado grows limited by plant number? If so you would think growing larger plants would result in bigger yield, more profitability, and hopefully a discounted price for the end consumer? Whats the point of growing a thousand 1lb plants when you could be growing 1,000 8lb'ers?

Bulldog420

Veteran
Need more than 200 gal, I don't believe so. If you want a little buffer room, 400 gal is nice. Just my opinion, others may disagree.

epicorchard

yea, I guess its also a question of water. I'll probably still use 1,000 gallon beds next season, but It does seem like you can grow big in a much smaller container. Neighbors run 100 gal smarties, and they seem to get 5-6lbs easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts