What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Glad to have you understanding the logistics of the Light Dep. BYF. The July, August, Sept harvests are a better quality in almost every aspect to the Late Sept. Oct, November product.

Somewhere on here I read something like "Once a plant is root bound it's like pushing it uphill for a quality harvest".

I feel like after a certain date (somewhere around sept. 15th for my latitude/elevation) the same holds true.

I had to take a step backwards 4 years ago, going from full season to Light Dep. but in the long run it has been easily the right move.

Please remember though, you will be on a different schedule with your light Dep. For my early July harvest I have been taking Clones on the New Moon in January. That gives me the same age plant (7 months old at harvest) as your full season run, (March to October).

I don't do a good job with documentation, sorry my pics fall off around July (every year) when I'm crazy busy. But I can answer most Light Dep. questions if anyone has them.

My motto used to be "I'd rather have 40 in August then 80 in October".

In the last 2 years, I'm working on getting that 80 by the beginning of sept. And I'm small time right on my numbers.

We need to start a Light Dep. thread so we don't need to piggyback on this epic Thread.

Peace

Your posts are always excellent and I look forward to establishing a dialog about blackout growing.

http://instagram.com/p/uTfa10m5ZR/?modal=true

GrassMan

Veteran
Hi,
No with big plants, but I'm going to 1000lb
Peace.

Attachments

• IMG_1143.jpg
    IMG_1143.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 15

Dirtboy808

Veteran
clean GH grass man. How big those girls get where you are at? I'm filling my GH now with 3 ft plants that will be 5 to 6 ft and done in Jan. Aloha DB

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
nice greenhouse that looks like BetterTMs spot or is it another Israel mega grow? y'all got nice weather out there but il skip the rocket attacks lol.

god damn i should have hired a reality TV show…i was busy working all night, but gave the green light for the crew to join our sister properties crew for a crazy day in chico at the beerfest, which led to a bender that just ended this morning as they came stumbling back home. the stories i heard this morning were hilarious, complete with some of the boys accidentally stumbling across a makeshift mexican brothel at a motel in chico and smoking out hookers, the chinese trimmers lying to white girls claiming they were doctors and getting action, then getting into a fight with each other in chinese while the other trimmers laughed at them and egged them on...a bunch of hilarious fuckery.. everybody's been working hard so i dont mind letting them blow off some steam. the finish is almost in sight, 80% of the plants are down and I'm hoping to have this shit show wrapped up by halloween.

welcome to "trap house trim scene" where we take 12 trimmers, from around the world, from all different ethinicities and backgrounds, put them in a tiny filthy house and give them unlimited alcohol and see what happens!

also homeboy with the german chick is now totally sprung and acting like a cupcake, its pretty sickening.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
That final push

That final push

Been a great year at the summer camp, only a few kids left ...

DOG

2 Wave Hold Down , Trainwreck x chemdog 4 bc3 , 2 different plants

GrassMan

Veteran
Hi,

Yes it is a winter grow but the GH is located in the middle of the desert. Right now, temps are 30C MAX/ 20C MIN with 20% RH.
Temperatures will go down in a couple of weeks. We just put some heat isolation aluminium foil around pots.

This is not BetterTMs, it is another medical farm... and I got used to skip rockets, even just after 4years over here...

On this grow, I'll go for 6-8 ft plants, expecting 1lb/plant. First time growing this strain. Been told it is 11 weeks.

Peace.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Hey you guys should check out lastolights.com. I tried 2 after I saw what kind of information they were showing about their competitors verse themselves and then a month later had to get 18 more. Just letting you guys know to pass on the good word.

Spidey senses are tingling for some odd reason :moon:

R

Red Berry

we actually could use that stuff for this thread. his wording is just fucked up cause the 2/18 is not attached to an actual item lol it would have made the company look better if he left that part out .

nomaad

Veteran
Hi,
No with big plants, but I'm going to 1000lb
Peace.

Is it true that Israeli MMJ rules regulate plant height only rather than canopy square footage or plant numbers?

I have always wished for such a paradigm... I'd grow in 10 gallon pots. Very little veg time. Young, strong plants. best soil to yield ratio with my favorite strains, IME.

Is that grow in Spain or Israel?

nomaad

Veteran
The big plant thing was the inevitable result of plant number limits. I do know families who can make it through a year on six monsters.

Scrupulous commercial gorwers go big and keep it under 99, many under 25 or 18. Still a worthy small business.

however...

I'm looking forward to growing without plant number limits. The state of Washington only regulates canopy size. It remains to be seen if the Feds will truly stay hands-off in deference to state regs in this regard...

64 small plants, each in a bag of dirt, (representing a palette of medum) would yield about 32 pounds with the strain I tested in that paradigm in 2010. They vegged in half-sun from the beginning of July (clones cut from outdoor moms) and were transplanted and put in full sun at the end of July. They came down The first week of October. Each plant in a #10 smartie with straight FFOF and Perlite... each one yielded almost exactly .5 for a total across 10 plants of 5 units. 3 months from clone to harvest. 20gal:1unit

Best ever plant in a 200 gallon pot was a 6.9 (I call it & when I tell the big fish tale. )pound Blue Dream plant. 20:0.7...

30% ain't nothin to sneeze at. Labor input will be the crucial factor... We will have to look very closely at the way plant size affects workflow in a very large-scale grow. Assuming a baseline yield of 1.5# per 25 sq feet of canopy (low indoor numbers) ... at 21K 2q ft is a yield of 1260 units per run.

If the small soil plant paradigm requires about 6 square feet per plant and the .5# per plant number can be reached the yield goes up to 1750 units per run.

Commercial flood and drain, indoor at the 40 light scale can produce a reliable 2 units per 1000 watts or roughly 25 square feet.... Keeping optimal conditions for clean hydroponics and drain at 60x that scale seems daunting.

This project is exciting in a lot of ways, but nothing moreso than the challenge of wringing AAA quality on the scale we have at hand....

bamboogardner

Nevada County Sighting

Nevada County Sighting

"Got to take a little MC ride on Saturday, made a couple of interesting observations. I saw this interesting sign, and the other thing is that the skunk population must be exploding. Every 1/2 mile or so I smelled skunks! Funny I did not see any though".

Above is a recent picture and comment I ran across that shows the general attitude of the population in Nevada County regarding cannabis. Remember, we are not the majority, just small fish in a big pond.

Be prepared to soon see on your local television channel a new mini series called "Grass Valley". “Talent is currently being cast for the television pilot ‘Grass Valley,'” according to casting news for Backstage.com, a long-established, popular publication where actors go to find casting information. The producers include Heather Donahue, actress of the Blair Witch Project and author of a book called “Grow Girl.”

We have many drama queens here (both male and female) that flood this thread with information, both good and useless. Some of you folks should audition, ;)

Last edited:

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
The big plant thing was the inevitable result of plant number limits. I do know families who can make it through a year on six monsters.

Scrupulous commercial gorwers go big and keep it under 99, many under 25 or 18. Still a worthy small business.

however...

I'm looking forward to growing without plant number limits. The state of Washington only regulates canopy size. It remains to be seen if the Feds will truly stay hands-off in deference to state regs in this regard...

64 small plants, each in a bag of dirt, (representing a palette of medum) would yield about 32 pounds with the strain I tested in that paradigm in 2010. They vegged in half-sun from the beginning of July (clones cut from outdoor moms) and were transplanted and put in full sun at the end of July. They came down The first week of October. Each plant in a #10 smartie with straight FFOF and Perlite... each one yielded almost exactly .5 for a total across 10 plants of 5 units. 3 months from clone to harvest. 20gal:1unit

Best ever plant in a 200 gallon pot was a 6.9 (I call it & when I tell the big fish tale. )pound Blue Dream plant. 20:0.7...

30% ain't nothin to sneeze at. Labor input will be the crucial factor... We will have to look very closely at the way plant size affects workflow in a very large-scale grow. Assuming a baseline yield of 1.5# per 25 sq feet of canopy (low indoor numbers) ... at 21K 2q ft is a yield of 1260 units per run.

If the small soil plant paradigm requires about 6 square feet per plant and the .5# per plant number can be reached the yield goes up to 1750 units per run.

Commercial flood and drain, indoor at the 40 light scale can produce a reliable 2 units per 1000 watts or roughly 25 square feet.... Keeping optimal conditions for clean hydroponics and drain at 60x that scale seems daunting.

This project is exciting in a lot of ways, but nothing moreso than the challenge of wringing AAA quality on the scale we have at hand....

I would set it up how they do in Israel , drip irrigation drain to waste large blackout green houses

theJointedOne

Veteran
hey bros, i was curious whats your trimmers favorite varieties so far this year??

i was at a buddies for a few days he had some green crack hybrids that had buds that were rock hard, had barely any leaf, no mold, and the trimmers were making it through about 3 a day. The nugs weren't any bigger than a 50 cent piece diameter when the tops were broken down ect..but the dense, no leaf thing was awesome

would be cool if you guys could post some feedback from your cleaners on varieties they find easy to trim..especially varieties that can make big plants

imho the less leaf the better, to a degree...def a trait my holy grail will have when i find her

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Ancient OG

Ancient OG

this plant was over 10lbs. No teas, nutrients, foliar, ever.... nothing but good sun, water, and lots of dirt.

O6xyzwvl.jpg

iZovU0El.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.