What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madjag

Veteran
Brothers and sistas !! News about our shining light, Kangativa, from Southern Sun, AKA, sunny in OZ:

hello friends,

i heard on the grapevine that Mr KT has been given an additional 15 months on top of time served.

the grapevine has been out of action with some medical issues (mainly old age...lol) and won't be back for a while but shared this news very recently.

so it seems we'll have him back around christmas '15 :)

my thoughts and good wishes go out to Mr KT and SM. cheers, sunny

picture.php

Got some good keepers out of this seed test garden. Things are really starting to chunk out, just wish it was hotter. 10 day forcast of 70's with cold nights and a few days of rain.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Quick question for you pros ~

I got 1-0-0 worm castings and 0-10-0 Bat Guano to top dress the GG4's since there yellowing out at week 4 1/2. Im using 40gln grow bags with the bottoms cut out sitting on another 40glns of soil.
How much should I use to top dress 80gln of soil?
Like a cup of worm castings @ 1-0-0 and a half cup of bat guano @ 0-10-0?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn BYF a fuckin fire because of their crew? geez if EGS had a yelp I'm sure you would be leaving quite a bad review lol....sucks to hear. put me down for at least one of those GH, won't be able to fit a 96ft though il get some measurements and let you know.

nice garden storm, that intense Socal sun really helps fatten those colas out. how is the water situation down there?? id also prefer to a plot like that as well....100s of smaller plants vs the big ones I'm doing.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
damn BYF a fuckin fire because of their crew? geez if EGS had a yelp I'm sure you would be leaving quite a bad review lol....sucks to hear. put me down for at least one of those GH, won't be able to fit a 96ft though il get some measurements and let you know.

nice garden storm, that intense Socal sun really helps fatten those colas out. how is the water situation down there?? id also prefer to a plot like that as well....100s of smaller plants vs the big ones I'm doing.

Bro you know how I get down on those Yelp reviews lol ... I just want to put it out there to EVERY ONE ...

DO not fuck with Envirotech... Zev the President of the company is great at customer service, but I'm finding out that's only because they constantly fumble.

Their newest fuck up is not accounting for the light trap dimensions when they sold me my "Turn Key" more like "Key broke off in the ignition so you're stuck" package and expect me to have a door below 6'..That isn't something that is OK for code and my structures are permitted so things like door opening size matter if you can believe that.

Idan tried to tell me that Function is more important than Form...I'll go ahead and put the number out there, I spent over 40K with envirotech...It's insane to me that they think that some one who invests that type of money in to infrastructure for their farm also wouldn't want it to look good.

When I originally ordered I wanted 2 15000 CFM 36" 1HP slant wall fans in the end wall of my blackout house because I KNEW that it would be an issue trying to mount a fan with a light trap over the gable of a blackout house!! Zev calls back in March when I was purchasing and said that 3 24" shutter fans would work better...Not sure how giving up 12,000 CFM of flow would be better but hey I figured I'd trust the green house professional...Little did I know I was just signing up for some fucking MISERY.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. I'm seriously thinking about consulting with my attorney

If I had gone with FFG I already would have crushed out 2 crops probably

Bulldog420

Veteran
Problem is, who do you get to finish the job with their gear? Start from zero?

Sorry to hear about all the problems you are having. I really hope they come through and finish the project quickly for you.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I'm also going to approach Wadsworth Controls and System USA for the auto blackout systems.

Fucking NO need for a retailer.

ACME Ag has the light traps and fans , Wadsworth / System USA has the Rack and pinion curtain system , RIMOL , Agratech , or Rough Brothers for the structure...

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Problem is, who do you get to finish the job with their gear? Start from zero?

Sorry to hear about all the problems you are having. I really hope they come through and finish the project quickly for you.

No need to start from zero or have issues.

Total Energy Group supplies the blackout system and also has an install crew.

There's always another way to attack the situation and Ill adapt to that, improvise if necessary and overcome this obstacle.

I'll FOR SURE get 4 crops out in 2015 from that motherfucker!

Bulldog420

Veteran
I know you really held back on all this, and had to bite your tongue many times. The fire was the straw that broke the camels back.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
The Total Energy Group blackout system is OK. it's cable driven.

I'll be going to System USA or Wadsworth for the blackout kits for the package GH deal we're going to put together for Big Plant farmers in California for those that want them.

www.totalenergygroup.com (blackout cable driven system)
http://www.acmeag.com/literature.asp (fans and light traps)
http://www.rimolgreenhouses.com (company EGS structures come from)
http://www.gpstructures.com (rough brothers)
http://www.growerssupply.com/farm/s...-gs_climate_screen_system_shade;pg112598.html (breathable fabric)
http://www.wadsworthcontrols.com (rack and PINON blackout system)
http://www.systemusa.com (rack and PINON blackout system)

mister c

Holy smokes...what do you guys know about forest fire smoke damage? This king fire smoke is getting ridiculous, even up by tahoe. Just worried about my girls smoking 10 packs a day and stankin like "campfire kush" come harvest.

Some google research suggests that wood smoke can be a co2 boost and actually be a good thing,as long as its not too thick of smoke. Makes half sense?

Any triple og's with prior experience thanks in advance!

Good work everyone, be safe. Peace.

I had my own issues with envirotech last year. I also would not recommend them for anything. They do not run a tight shop and have people not qualified to be in any level of this business working for them.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I had my own issues with envirotech last year. I also would not recommend them for anything. They do not run a tight shop and have people not qualified to be in any level of this business working for them.

Quoted for TRUTH :tip hat:

You can google Idan Bearman their supposed tech guy , he used to work for Bearman and Sons his dads company before he took on EGS..I don't know what previous experience he got building green houses when he was working for his dad doing tree houses in the back of trendy ass berkeley houses??

Fuckin' jokers and Envirotech...Their game is Soft like Ice cream.

S

StanKDanK

KING FIRE

KING FIRE

Holy smokes...what do you guys know about forest fire smoke damage? This king fire smoke is getting ridiculous, even up by tahoe. Just worried about my girls smoking 10 packs a day and stankin like "campfire kush" come harvest.

Some google research suggests that wood smoke can be a co2 boost and actually be a good thing,as long as its not too thick of smoke. Makes half sense?

Any triple og's with prior experience thanks in advance!

Good work everyone, be safe. Peace.

the king fire smoke was choking me out few days ago but now it seems to be blowing NE. shit is nuts 87k acres burned already.
not much you can do besides hope for the best

mister c

Stank...thanks.

I never post pics and damn near never post. But what the hell, heres a few pics of my 17 plant medicinal garden to contribute.

Most of the girls are from my seeds and a good amount of tga strains. Sitting in some little ass 30gal smarties with the bottoms cut out, then into a mound/bed. A few of the bigger girls are in 100's with the bottoms cut out. Not much sun around here lately! I don't get much to begin with, maybe 7hrs full sun if im lucky. Still tho, looking good this yr vs the past yrs. Cant wait to try again next yr with some 300's into the mounds.

You can see the smoke in the background...fuck. Excuse the mess. I get lazy sometimes.

Bulldog420

Veteran
Mister C - You should post more often and show those ladies off. Nice work.

I will throw my name down for the black out kits. I would like a kit installed by next May if the costs permits. Keep me in mind, because I want a black out kit, but don't want EGS to install it.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
The kits I'm going to put together aren't going to be the same as the EGS kit.

I am going to have Wadsworth or System USA set up Rack & Pinion drive so that there isn't a bunch of cables and pulleys everywhere making the green house literally look like a Rube Goldberg cartoon.

I'm not sure if it will be more complicated to put together a retrofit system. I was going to supply Wadsworth and System USA the green house design and work with them in person to design the kit to fit the structures we pick up.

I don't want to get in to the situation where one person on our group buy is fucked.

If you just want to do a retrofit , you should just call Wadsworth or System USA and talk to them yourself about putting a package together.

The blackout system is extremely easy to install but VERY time consuming and parts intensive with the kit from Total Energy Group. The rack and pinion driven systems have much easier installs and less maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.