What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

warthog

Good stuff bulldog.. and yeah boobs plants are clearly 12 foot monsters.. Nice plants prop! keep the pics coming everyone!

20 gal power plant gal..
zvxybo.jpg

Here is an early finishing strain from female seeds.. purple maroc. amazing guerilla strain!
t4z9yw.jpg

and just for shits here is my CSDx4SD patch
53o1l3.jpg

epicorchard

Fish bone meal 3-16-0
Crab meal 4-3-0
Neem meal (i think was, can't remmber) 3-3-4
EWC and compost should both have some......

Edit: Could of sworn somebody asked where my P inputs were.....

That would be the dabbed out retard who re-read the bone meal part..... I'm fast, so fast.

epicorchard

25 bags black gold = 10$ a bag, $250
4 bags Stutzman farms chicken Manure = 10$ a bag, 40$
1 bag Perlite = $20
1 bag bonemeal =50$
20lbs gypsum = 20$

380$ for 50 cubic feet or 300gal. Lets call it 250$ a yard.

The mix I just posted up was 161.25 a yard exactly.

I did the math so I thought I would share it. I am sure you can get bulk deals on Tom's mix, which would make it cheaper than what I posted.

Uh yea... might want to drop the $250 of black gold. Good loamy compost mix should run around $40 a yard. And also your amendment prices are a little high. For example, I get my stutzmans for more like $7 a bag.

Bulldog420

Veteran
Epic - you seem to sleep about as much as me, lol. I googled those prices, and most of the prices came off Amazon. So yea, you can get it much cheaper I would imagine, maybe as much as 25%.

Organic Grower - I have to run, but I want to throw out the concept of the soil tests. I know your in flower, so it seems weird to add N, but that is what your tests are showing. When testing soil your looking for Alechet(sp) ratios, which is the ratio of all your inputs. If your N is showing low, then your N is low. Even if your in flower, you still need to maintain those numbers. Since you are in flower, you will use less N, however your still low. Same with veg, you don't need much K too keep your ratio's correct but K still needs to be at proper ratio's or else you risk lock out. Hope that makes sense.

Also, I pay for the lab recommendations because I, like you, are new to this soil test game.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
you actually use more of everything through the beginning of flower because the rate that cells are replicating and the tissue that needs to be built requires all that mineral load...

organic grower , add some gypsum ...It will displace some of the elements you're high in.

That's one of the things I have Dave Royal do for me on blending....Add a bunch of Gypsum to his norcal blend..

mendo420

Veteran
looking good Mendo those are enormous…are you still skipping the foliars/teas this year or have you had to feed them yet? super dark green too!

a few points here.......

1. NO ONE is using toms old soil mix!
2. Tom and Jenn are long gone. The torch has been passed to a new group of better growers.
3. rename this thread "the puny plants and light dep forum".
4. Cant we all "get along?"

I went "back to a basics" kind of this season.
by that I mean amend in spring, compost tea 1 time a month.

BAM!
look at my results.

Yesprop215 I had to feed them last month I give them some calcium. I was getting more leaf drop than I was comfortable with.
This was on top of the 17# of gypsum I added in April

Diggaz

''Foliars are probably not advisable this late into the game, right''

OG I have always foilar sprayed up till about a week before harvest without problems for years, now i see more people doing it. Foliar right in the morning or if you have to at the end of the day if it has enuf time to dry before sun down. If you are having PM problems I would rotate with a spray for that too, IE Ag Sil, Copper, Sulfur or what have you. If you were not organic I would suggest Ammonium Sulfate or Mono Ammonium Phosphate to up your NH4 to lower your PH, somebody with more organic exp might chime in on a better plan.

Bulldog420

Veteran
:biggrin:Those plants are only 6ft tall Mendo.........................

Way to represent. I like you Mendo, speaks softly but carries a big stick. That stick was most likely harvested from a previous season,:biggrin:

Diggaz

Can we talk Potassium Silicate rates guys? I was doing some math today and realized the suggested amount of .7g/gal for AgSil is a ridiculously small amount of silicon and potassium, around four one-thousanths of a percentage of each. That seems like an insubstantial amount. Then I read a comparison with ProTekt, which is apparently 3.8% Si, and that's somewhere over a pound of AgSil in a gallon - but that sounds like a more likely percentage that would treat PM.
Luther, PQ recommends up to 1000ppm Sio2 for foilar. I have used close to that rate with no burn, but do a test spray with say 500ppm and work up from there. 100ppm is the fertigation rate not going to do much for PM IMO, Advenger recomends emusifying with neem I think. If you want to see the PQ recomendation go to Custom Hydro Nutriants site you can find it there.

ponobegone

Veteran
Its late in the game for gypsum to be used fully. I used the aluminum sulfate to drop the ph in my dep with great results but used very lightly.

Last edited:
L

Luther Burbank

Diggaz, thanks for the reminder about PQ - here's their PDF on it - http://www.pqcorp.com/Portals/1/lit/AgSil brochure 6-11.pdf. They call for 1000ppm for foliar, or around 7g/gallon which works out to ~460ppm of pure Si/~490ppm K or .046% Si, and .049% K. That's 10x the strength of the suggested .7g/gallon I hear here but which is apparently rates for fertilizing, but seems low enough to not be too much K. Then there's the ProTekt recipe which is 36000ppm.

So PQ, the vendor of AgSil calls for .7g/gal for fertilizing, and 7g/gallon for foliar. ProTekt calls for 560g/gallon. The ProTekt obviously works, and the maths work out, but Christ, the ProTekt is 80x the strength of PQ's reccomentation.

Diggaz

NP Luther, just be sure to do a test spray. I mix up a little squirt bottle for tests, one thing I have found plants can take a hella lot of ppm foliar.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Its late in the game for gypsum to be used fully. I used the ammonium sulfate to drop the ph in my dep with great results but used very lightly.

Exactly what I would do...but if your name is organic grower you may not wanna go that route. The finest grind of gypsum you can find has some chance. Custom hydro has a very fine grind..and yep he is my buddy if that matters

L

Luther Burbank

I went for half dose, 3.5g/gal. The powdery mildew seemed have subsided after the sulfur spray. Hopefully this will keep it down too.

Milky, it probably doesn't matter, but I'm glad you state it right up front for sake of disclosure.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
rename this thread "the puny plants and light dep forum".
BAM!
look at my results.
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=52627&pictureid=1308338&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

Those are the most impressive plants on the boards this season hands down. You set the bar extremely high for legal growers and near impossible for guerilla growers in a non-med state.

Im doing my best to push 5lbs a plant this year. Guerilla growing with trellis and large plants, where choppers can easily see them if they looked hard enough, is a huge undertaking and major risk to just end up with nothing because I went too large.

To me, these are absolute monsters that I never thought I would see or grow in a lifetime. To you, my 4 or 5 lbers are a few branches on your plants. You are an inspiraton to us all and are at the top of your class this season.
Some of us come on here to show the biggest plants we ever grew or not trying to compete with a guy of your caliber, rather, come on here to join in on the fun and contribute there large plant to the thread since its a public forum.
Maybe there should be a thread..."The largest plant you ever grew"........................ Happy Harvesting!

@ Warthog ~ Very impressive plant for a 20gln growbag. Keep up the good work buddy!

Can we talk Potassium Silicate rates guys? I was doing some math today and realized the suggested amount of .7g/gal for AgSil is a ridiculously small amount of silicon and potassium, around four one-thousanths of a percentage of each. That seems like an insubstantial amount. Then I read a comparison with ProTekt, which is apparently 3.8% Si, and that's somewhere over a pound of AgSil in a gallon - but that sounds like a more likely percentage that would treat PM.

How late into flower can you foliar feed agsil or protekt?

Did u enter the cup pono? Still not sure about going....6hour drive one way....do u think it will be fun? I'd like to stop by gville and get some aficionado seeds since I can't get them elsewhere...maybe I can get two birds stoned at once....

Status
Not open for further replies.