What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would personally love to see the soil test on boobs soil. Pretty damn close to water only.

Ill test the batch that is getting mixed tmrw....adding some oly mtns and buffalo loam compost with the diesel on this one......

The full season is doing great.....just some foliage sprays now and then. Ill get some pics soon

Yea hes got it going on. I think Bulldog420 put together a similar batch and gotmit tested, but he was complaining about high Na and some other things if I remember correctly. Don't know if he did anything different/sourced ingredients from different places

Who said boobs was a he?

Bulldog used different composts and rock dusts than us....some of the amendments were also from different sources.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
some are looking a little light green, but I'm hesitant to add nitrogen back into the foliar regime.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

these asteroids have barely started flowering…kind of worried about it. with all this talk of impending wet winter i dont want november finishers out there.

Alright so here are some of the bad plants, first is the worst plant in my garden which is this Grape Stomper Bx (seed) on the left, it was a dumb decision to plant because even back in May it looked kind of subpar, its literally looked N deficient its entire life no matter how hard I've slammed her. Next to her on the right is a healthy GS bx from the same pack of seeds, same soil. Its yellowing at the top and middle which made us think sulfur deficiency, but looks like all kinds of lockout and issues with her, almost want to yank her out of the garden she looks so bad.
picture.php

OG kush seed showing similar issue, once again yellowing from the middle up to top, with the sides staying mostly green. Does this look similar to your issues fuzzy/bamboo any of the other guys having problems with EWSF? lets try to attack this issue together….im gonna send in soil samples of my sick plants + a few healthy ones so we can compare.
picture.php

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Who said boobs was a he?

Bulldog used different composts and rock dusts than us....some of the amendments were also from different sources.

We modified your mix also, got everything from/mixed at Rare Earth and they didn't have Diestel compost at the time so we substituted their chicken compost and a few yards of Bu's Blend. We also skipped the native dirt.

Also cut the amendments in half for cost reasons, but stuck with the same blend and ratios.

Urbngroz

Im really sorry to hear about everyones problem with EWSF Nor CA blend. For me the soil was a blessing because I was able to just truck it in and fill pots. I moved into my place late last year, in April and still had 6 weeks of brush and tree clearing to do. Researching and blending my own mix didn't seem practical at all so I decided to check out EWSF. After walking through the facility with Dave Royal and talking to him I decided to take the chance on his product. I was also worried when he told me that he dosent play the ''soil test'' game. I ran 200 gal pots planted in late june and still hit 5 avg, 7 on the biggest. however I ignored his advice to not feed the plants and gave them 1 drench and 2 foliars per week of the earth juice line. This year I added 200 gal to each pot of EWSF Nor CA blend and the girls are excellent, however they get 2-3 foliars per week along with a drench. I will be testing the soil at the end of the season and hope it isn't horrible. Maybe I was lucky? Don't know but it seems like Dave Royal could lose all his new business just as fast as he got it. Good luck with all of you having problems.

Bulldog420

Veteran
I feel the answer to EWSF soil not taking in water when the top layer dries out can be solved with some mulch. Just my two cents.

Yea hes got it going on. I think Bulldog420 put together a similar batch and gotmit tested, but he was complaining about high Na and some other things if I remember correctly. Don't know if he did anything different/sourced ingredients from different places

I was trying not to post for a while, said some stupid shit in drunk posts last week.....Sorry Screws. Boobs asked me not to post the test results without a full comprehension of the results and how the soil should be used. I only put the results up in the AEA thread because I was looking for help on how to fix the soil issues. After close review, I decided I needed to send my results off to Logan Lab for a better analysis. Once that test arrives, I will post up my results with my original soil mix. Like GCG said, my mix is different. The biggest difference being the compost, however that will always be a variable for anybody else trying to replicate the results. Hope this helps.

Have a good Labor Day everybody.

C

CaliGabe

Don't know but it seems like Dave Royal could lose all his new business just as fast as he got it. Good luck with all of you having problems.
I visited Dave last year and they've never advertised and still growing like crazy based on word of mouth from people getting results. Interesting to see what people are saying in this thread recently as if that were really the case across the board I don't know how EWSF would have grown like it has. Yeah he doesn't do the soil test 'game' which I think he's missing out on especially considering the direction things seem to be going with canna growing by dedicated ganja farmers.

theJointedOne

Veteran
I don't mean to be insensitive but the interesting thing to me is that we are moving to the point we can recognize what a good soil actually looks like and measure it. There was no real discussion like that 4 years ago. We are at the beginnings of developing actual metrics for success.

So in spite of the pain, arguing and egos involved (mine included) ultimately we are all gonna end up better for it. Bless this thread

Well put. Also important for us not to lose the community aspect of this site.

It worries me to see some of the younger/newer growers who dont or never were around to absorb the counter culture/love/positive energy that cannabis brings to the table. A lot of growers i meet just view this plant as a way to get $$, or popularity, or ego..ect.

When its seen as just a commodity, players in the game change, and things get dirty.

Dont forget were growing more than just a high dollar item, this is a sacred plant here folks!!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
It worries me to see some of the younger/newer growers who dont or never were around to absorb the counter culture/love/positive energy that cannabis brings to the table. A lot of growers i meet just view this plant as a way to get $$, or popularity, or ego..ect.

When its seen as just a commodity, players in the game change, and things get dirty.

Dont forget were growing more than just a high dollar item, this is a sacred plant here folks!!
so true. It's not an age issue though, there are still flower children they just aren't in the weed game as much, it's less profitable now, and they would rather do sound healing or yoga than deal with the "legal" weed industry. New growers have to be hard if they want to make it.

however I ignored his advice to not feed the plants and gave them 1 drench and 2 folwiars per week of the earth juice line. This year I added 200 gal to each pot of EWSF Nor CA blend and the girls are excellent, however they get 2-3 foliars per week along with a drench.

Im glad youve had good results, but I believe this is a really big "however". My understanding was that the soil was "dialed in" and that any additional supplements would throw off the balance. Foliars were ok because it wouldn't disrupt the soil, but I was sold on the fact that it was ready to go as is. Afterall, $200/yard kinda burned up through most of my budget that wouldve gone towards a feed regimen if that was the route i was gonna take. I know people who dont take much consideration at all into their soil but as long as they keep up their feed they do fine and grow some nice plants. I dont think you can credit the soil much if you're feeding earth juice on a regular basis.

epicorchard

Im glad youve had good results, but I believe this is a really big "however". My understanding was that the soil was "dialed in" and that any additional supplements would throw off the balance. Foliars were ok because it wouldn't disrupt the soil, but I was sold on the fact that it was ready to go as is. After all, $200/yard kinda burned up through most of my budget that would've gone towards a feed regimen if that was the route i was gonna take. I know people who dont take much consideration at all into their soil but as long as they keep up their feed they do fine and grow some nice plants. I dont think you can credit the soil much if you're feeding earth juice on a regular basis.

I don't know about that one, Food is important, but soil is everything.

Every indoor set up i have ever run has had a dedicated reservoir for each strain. It was impossible to tailor my ph and nutes so that each strain was in perfect balance.

I bring this to my outdoor game as well. Each strain has its own patch and its own res. This allows me to tailor fit the garden design to the strain being grown.

What I can see here from a novice point of view is a high pH right off the bat.. 7.3-7.5
Very low N, Very high P, High K, and high Mg. Very much like others have sampled. 0% Hydrogen...

The high pH is definitely causing some lockout. Especially on that 6:1 sample, that plant is showing some major micro deficiencies. Some of that leaf tip frying up towards the top of the plant that Furry is experiencing.

That 17:2 sample came from a mound that has one of my healthiest plants in it, but I really don't see much of a significant difference in that sample from the rest.

What I do notice is very high organic matter, but low N. Has this N just not been released?

This is my first ever soil analysis so I need to look into it further to better understand what I'm looking it. This just finally came in so I thought Id share it..

Urbngroz

Im glad youve had good results, but I believe this is a really big "however". My understanding was that the soil was "dialed in" and that any additional supplements would throw off the balance. Foliars were ok because it wouldn't disrupt the soil, but I was sold on the fact that it was ready to go as is. Afterall, $200/yard kinda burned up through most of my budget that wouldve gone towards a feed regimen if that was the route i was gonna take. I know people who dont take much consideration at all into their soil but as long as they keep up their feed they do fine and grow some nice plants. I dont think you can credit the soil much if you're feeding earth juice on a regular basis.

I wasn't trying to credit EWSF soil for my results, just trying to share my experience. I too had time/money constraints and was basically at the mercy of a soil vendor. I also ran EWSF in a light dep 2 years in a row and the results have been subpar. Gonna dump the Nor Cal for the deps and use something lighter instead, Ive seen an excellent dep using vermifire this year. I will test the soil later this fall and post the results if its still relevant. After seeing what others have went through in the past I will be buying small samples of different soils and sending them off for analysis before deciding what to go with. Science is key. No more guessing or blindly following for me anymore. Live and learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts