What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow Storm, WOW. You've got it going on man. That's the real deal right there. Makes my farm look like a hobby garden.

I want to build up to that level. You mind answering some questions?

1. You're in SoCal so I take it the native soil is pretty sandy and you don't experience any water logging with those holes, right?
2. Whats your base medium like in those holes?
3. Do you feed them bottled nutes or is it more economical to make your own nutrient recipe from scratch at that level?
4. The plants dont look heat stressed at all. Doesnt it get pretty warm down south? How do you combat that to keep them looking so good?
5. That looks like drip line being fed into a moat around the plants, right? How many gallons per hour does that feed?
6. Are you on municipal water? Well water? Do you do routine checks on your water quality?
7. How many strains do you have going there? Do you try to minimize diversity in order to simplify things a little bit? And do the different strains get treated with different feed regimens?
8. How did you decide which strains you wanted to run?
9. How many guys/gals does it take to maintain an operation of that magnitude? (Season long separate from harvest time)
10. I see you have legit indoors also. Whicn do you find to be more, lets say, rewarding? And which method do you actually prefer?

Thats a lot of questions already so I'll leave it at that. I imagine with a life like that you dont have much time to stop, but I hope you can find some time to satisfy some of my curiosity.

Either way, mad respect! And thanks for sharing.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
god damn storm shadow! y'all dont care about plant counts out there haha…out here a garden of that size would be garunteed compliance check.

L

Luther Burbank

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph look at that impressive spread! Congratulations shadow!

L

Luther Burbank

Where the hell is left you can run numbers like that? I wouldn't care if I was pulling a lbs instead of 10 just to see all those girls in their rows.

theJointedOne

Veteran
big numbers are more common than you guys think, not to take anything away from storm shadow..but there are big ops like that all over the triangle,
fwiw

Madjag

Veteran
Where the hell is left you can run numbers like that? I wouldn't care if I was pulling a lbs instead of 10 just to see all those girls in their rows.

If you do the Google Earth fly-by check, you'll see multiple farms that feature 50-100 plants in nice tidy rows. Looks like fruit orchard trees from way up high.

Bulldog420

Veteran
They just updated google maps in the last month or two. I actually have an apple/plum/apricot orchard and it DOES look like pot from Google Earth. I heard you can call them and ask them to change it back to the old data, but haven't tried. Has anybody else tried this?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
storm shadow crushing it. we could run that many in this county up until this year. Thinking about looking for a place in the SC mountains next year so we can do 99 without being paranoid

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
You'd do better sticking to one spot and dialing it in rather than figuring out the quirks of another...

25 plants from seed in at least 3 yards shouldn't have a problem making 200 units.

milkyjoe

Veteran
If we are gonna be honest here give me 25 2.5 lbers in 4 locations any day over 25 10 lbers in 1 location.

The only thing better...100 2.5 lbers in 4 locatons...the only thking better 100 2.5 lbers in 8 locations..etc.

Fuck yea storm

DunHav`nFun

storm shadow crushing it. we could run that many in this county up until this year. Thinking about looking for a place in the SC mountains next year so we can do 99 without being paranoid
Why not do both Shcrews.....

Automated watering on the parcel you`re at for an upgrade next year that guarantees increased dialage , and fuck it.....

Use this yrs proceeds to find some property yas can knock out 99 ....I`m so sure you can come up with the rec`s , and hell all it takes is more crew grunt work.....after all....

You STAY on the road at many different area codes , guaranteed it`s just more help to go whole hog , so I say do it while you can and keep strokin....

Storm Shadow.....Respect....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Why not do both Shcrews.....

Automated watering on the parcel you`re at for an upgrade next year that guarantees increased dialage , and fuck it.....

Use this yrs proceeds to find some property yas can knock out 99 ....I`m so sure you can come up with the rec`s , and hell all it takes is more crew grunt work.....after all....

You STAY on the road at many different area codes , guaranteed it`s just more help to go whole hog , so I say do it while you can and keep strokin....
We want to keep our current spot and dial it in next season, but I still want to get some property in a county with higher plant limit, maybe do a small first run there which would give us time to prep for a big 2016. We are renting this spot so nothing is keeping me except convenience, and a lot of soil.. SInce this county passed the 24 plant limit i wouldn't mind moving.

sticky367

Hey guys, :party:

I am wondering, can sphagnum be replaced by 'ligna peat' (redwood..i think) or coco coir??

if so would there be any necessary adjustments? I would imagine more cal/mg in coco

in my opinion you're better off using your own formula and then finding a place to mix it for you, saving you lots of work.

here it is again, I don't think you can go wrong with this one, similar to the CC mix but with some slight changes.

30% sphagnum peat
30% lava rock
30% high quality compost
10% top soil, this you may or may not do, if you're going to have it mixed at a place then this'll probably have to be screened to filter out rocks, I'd contact whatever place you find about this.

for amendments we went with:

1/2 cup neem meal, neemresource.com
1/2 cup kelp meal, Down-to-earth
1/2 cup crab meal, Down-to-earth
1/2 cup gypsum
1/2 cup oyster shell flour

4 cup rock dust, contact thomas vanacore at rockdustlocal, he knows a good hookup for rock dust in california.

that's the amounts per cubic foot, there are 27 cubic feet in a yard.

if you're on a tight budget you can use karanja meal which is slightly cheaper than neem and also probably cut back the rock dust to 2 cups/cu ft.

:comfort:

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
If we are gonna be honest here give me 25 2.5 lbers in 4 locations any day over 25 10 lbers in 1 location.

The only thing better...100 2.5 lbers in 4 locatons...the only thking better 100 2.5 lbers in 8 locations..etc.

Fuck yea storm

The only thing better than that is having those 2.5ers in an envirotech auto blackout with e paps...and doing that harvest 3 times a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts