What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
There's no advertisement going on, if you can't talk about the fertilizers used to grow big plants in this thread too, I don't know, just seems dumb to me.

I've talked about jH Biotech , now AEA , what's the difference?

There will be sap analysis available to us soon. We don't even know what healthy cannabis plants look like yet, after a few tens of thousands of leaf samples from growers all over the country a database will start to be compiled and we will really start getting in to what this plant needs.

The future is coming, you can be on the biological advantage train or not, but if you're serious about your medicine and organic growing ... There won't be any question on what you'll use...and the services you will call on..

ponobegone

Veteran
fuck it then bro count me out of this thread, I KNOW what healthy plants look like and guess I will just keep it to myself for now on. have a great season everybody

Bulldog420

Veteran
BackYardFarmer is on one today.

Ponolovesyou - Don't leave the thread, there will be nothing but "I know best" and "buy this product". We need somebody posting up pictures of what healthy cannabis plants look like and sharing that knowledge on a practical level. Not saying BYF doesn't help others, but it sure seems like it's his way or you don't know shit. In life I have learned that the people that really know their shit don't wear it on their sleeves.

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
it sure seems like it's his way or you don't know shit. In life I have learned that the people that really know their shit don't wear it on their sleeves.

AMEN

milkyjoe

Veteran
The big plant part is pretty well established. High N and K and big soil will get you there. The questions are can you do it with no insect or disease pressure and are we getting the absolute maximum and diverse essential oil profile. A much more sophisticated conversation. Maybe a different thread is the place to discuss those things. It just seems those would be of interest to all of us.

FatherEarth

Veteran
No need to be offended Pono. Kempf talks about how nobody really knows what a healthy anything' looks like. What the dna analysis shows us is that certain plants can produce way more than even our best harvests. Indicating we are barely scratching the surface of the true genetic potential of most plants. Not to mention superior plant health that will resist and kill pests. Plants that are disease free even when they are surrounded by it.

BYF is on point with most of the stuff he talks about. Just dont take anything he says personal, or you will most likely be offended.

Imagine water on a duck's back, it just rolls off without getting wet. lol :p

Im with ya, MilkyJ. IMO It seems this stuff would be of interest. Certainly plant health is not off topic. ..

Here is some more on the subject..
Took some screenshots so ppl dont have to dl the PDF.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
Respectfully,

FE

Last edited:
C

Cep

There just seems to be two camps in this thread. Those that want to read/discuss the picture book and those that want read/discuss the manual.

It's true nobody here knows the potential of any of their cultivars. Shit, people still are letting their plants fade late season. Those of you who are having trouble with others discussing products need to relax. It's ok, we're going to talk about remesh cages one week, irrigation the next, and yes AEA products too.

MilkyJoe you're on point again. There will be many large plants grown this season that just don't have enough energy to fully fill out their flowers. I know this because my largest plants last year struggled. My medium and smaller (6-10ft) did better. My season this year is going to be better partly because of the other users on this site that talk about products so often. :tiphat:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
im all about AEAs program because i am sick and tired of seeing the majority of growers take shortcuts and do everything wrong, but still think they are growing good medicine because some chump out of state buys it. i want my future gardens to be 100% organic and in tune with what commercial AG sets a standard for. i know for a fact many of my plants in previous seasons were not to their full potential, cannabis is just a forgiving plant so we get away with lackluster effort sometimes...i cant even begin to count how many growers are dumping chem ferts into their soil zones still. whatever i cant save them, im on board with the dave royal ideology and so far seeing my best results ever, and i know that learning the AEA program will help me take my gardens to highest possible level.

L

Luther Burbank

"Indicating we are barely scratching the surface of the true genetic potential of most plants."

I'm completely against this quasi-spiritual take on science FE. I get your beliefs after reading your posts since you joined, but that quoted statement reads to me like some guru with promises of the unknown just beyond our grasp if we could just understand the message.

We need to just drop all the ideologies and take off our variously tinted glasses and look as objectively as possible at what we're doing. Is there room for improvement though? Always. But barely scratching the surface? That's a stretch of a statement. Too many people want to show off that they're the holders of the true way of thinking. I'm just happy the more hostile and combative elements like that have left ic. Which is to say FE, despite disagreeing with you a lot, I'm glad you're here and contributing.

Last edited:

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
i don't know U... nor do most of U know me... I have no biased opinions....
BUT recently following the info in hear...I took the jump...leap of faith and ordered my 1st bottle of Sea Crop.... luckily I'm close to the manufacture in Raymond Wa... So I ordered direct... received in less than 3 days... and am on my 2nd wk of foliar feeding w/ the SEA crop....

ALL I can say is WOW.... where has this stuff been all my life...

it has strengthened my plants... boosted there metabolism, and made me even happier....

All I can say is... this often there is hype... but once in a gray moon... there is right

and Sea Crop is RIGHT

leads the intelligent to think... the AEA lineup and methodology...must be also right...

milkyjoe

Veteran
what is a good source of boron for foliar?

If you are looking for a single element like B it is hard to beat Albion. However they use a single amino, glycinate, as their only chealating agent. If you are looking for a broad range of elements you may want more diversity of aminos

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Not quite in the same league as you big plant growers, but I think this Super Lemon Haze is close.
I have 5 total of this cut, but this is by far the leader! If I did not put the cage around her, she would be 8' from the dirt. As you can see I am now moving all branches horizontally to fill the cage. As a heavy Sativa, she need serious support to say the least!
picture.php

L

Luther Burbank

High yield and high quality are linked?

Low yield and High quality not being linked does not mean the only other option is high yield and quality being linked. There's the very possible potential they're unconnected.

grow nerd

Veteran
I think low yield is linked to low quality of life.

Unless high plant counts or extraordinary tickets are involved involved in which case it might depend on whether you have to share with a partner.

Wait, wrong thread.

milkyjoe

Veteran
I ain't in any way recommending these products as I do not understand what is in them...but this website has some interesting info on plant hormones

http://www.stollerusa.com/learningcenter/

I would prefer to manipulate them naturally if possible. But they do explain how they work pretty well.

keep those root tips growing the entire cycle does seem to be an important key to yield though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts